This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wcs.

p New
« on: August 07, 2010, 03:19:53 pm »
i

Paul Coleman

Re: How many wfp
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 03:35:11 pm »
Are there more wfp window cleaners than trad window cleaners in the UK, now almost every supplier is predominately selling wfp equipment and with the H&S issue has wfp become the norm yet.

No IMO.
More window cleaners are using ladders than are using WFP if my area is a fair sample.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 04:02:23 pm »
More trads in my region also.

mci services

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 04:13:15 pm »
we are out numbered round my way by a big margin there are very few wfp and loads of trad

A@R WINDOWCLEANING

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 04:30:28 pm »
i think it is slowly getting there, about 60% pole 40% trad round here

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 05:12:39 pm »
very few wfpolers near me and long may it continue as ive picked up some more work from some crap trad lads today!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.

two £15 houses!i scrubbed all the frames up and cleaned the two skylights on the kitchen extension on house no 2 and they were overjoyed! ;) ;D ;D

a lot near me have never even heard or seen wfp until i came along with mine!!!seriously its not that common yet!!maybe in another few years(say 5!)

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

bumper

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 06:25:31 pm »
many  wfp are going back to trade coz parts keep going and they have to wait for parts for there equipment.But i dornt need parts for my  equipment coz im trade

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 06:37:43 pm »
its around 6 trad's to every 1 wfp here, based on the number of w/c's i've met/seen/been told about.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

martinsadie

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 07:58:03 pm »
trad is about 20 to 1 around here  ;)

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 08:53:07 pm »
im definitely glad im mostly wfp now.you trad guys really dont know what your missing!ive been a trad window cleaner for 16 years and im steadily picking up work BECAUSE im wfp!and i feel i can charge a bit more as their getting a more thorough clean!!

the only 100% trad i do now is my block of granny flats which mostly have oxidized frames and i dont clean all the downstairs flats so im just being respectful to the old dears i dont clean for.i enjoy it as well! ;) ;D ;D

wfpolers are very few in my area and i dont see things changing for a while!a lot of tradders are set in their ways and are not interested one bit esp when you mention the cost!a lot are reluctant to even buy a decent set of trad gear!fair enough!each to their own! ;) ;D

im starting to realise that im better off with my feet on the ground waving a pole about most of the time!! :) :)
price higher/work harder!

smearo

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 08:59:04 pm »
im definitely glad im mostly wfp now.you trad guys really dont know what your missing!ive been a trad window cleaner for 16 years and im steadily picking up work BECAUSE im wfp!and i feel i can charge a bit more as their getting a more thorough clean!!

the only 100% trad i do now is my block of granny flats which mostly have oxidized frames and i dont clean all the downstairs flats so im just being respectful to the old dears i dont clean for.i enjoy it as well! ;) ;D ;D

wfpolers are very few in my area and i dont see things changing for a while!a lot of tradders are set in their ways and are not interested one bit esp when you mention the cost!a lot are reluctant to even buy a decent set of trad gear!fair enough!each to their own! ;) ;D

im starting to realise that im better off with my feet on the ground waving a pole about most of the time!! :) :)

daz make u right mate
plus down south everyone seems to be splash and dashing now  ;D ;D

cat9921

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 09:29:27 pm »
I'm definitely glad I'm mostly wfp now.  You trade guys really don't know what you'r missing!ive been a trad window cleaner for 16 years and im steadily picking up work BECAUSE im wfp!and i feel i can charge a bit more as their getting a more thorough clean!!

You're not supposed to love WFP  ;D Trade is far better and you know what job you have done when you leave them windows  :D

cleewindows

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 09:51:45 pm »
loads more trad but im getting lots of there work because the custys dont like people breaking tiles on there porches and general crud jobs.
they get a perfect job with wfp everytime and they stay cleaner for so much longer,all my custys love wfp!
they say its so more profesional too.

mikecam

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 10:01:35 pm »
I only see the trad guys. I know quite a few of them, i also know three WFP near me, doing similar areas and never seen any of them out and about at work. Only WFP i've seen working is a local trad guy who has taken to using a few barrels and a pole out the back of his car on a few three storeys.

cleewindows

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 10:07:57 pm »
its because trad is so slow you see them!
I only see the trad guys. I know quite a few of them, i also know three WFP near me, doing similar areas and never seen any of them out and about at work. Only WFP i've seen working is a local trad guy who has taken to using a few barrels and a pole out the back of his car on a few three storeys.

birdymiller

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 10:16:01 pm »
Just had a look in the yellow pages, far more seem to be wfp.
The only shiners daft enough to pay yellow pages prices are the ones daft enough to blow loads on wfp!

cleewindows

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 10:19:43 pm »
most of the ladder boys are beer money brigade though  ;)
The only shiners daft enough to pay yellow pages prices are the ones daft enough to blow loads on wfp!

martinsadie

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 10:20:09 pm »
thats because wfp boys are short of work and trad lads are full and dont need to advertise  ;)

mikecam

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 10:20:15 pm »
That would not give you a good clue either way. The only fact that would prove is who advertises. Given the outlay for WFP as against trad i'd say its a fair bet that someone who has invested in the system may be driven to try advertising. I'd say someone who has earned a living with his ladder for years is not motivated to go advertising for more work, i may be wrong, maybe they pay the teams of lads with them on a PAYE basis too, and maybe them plain vans undistinguishable from anything else are cleverley done for a reason, what do i know !! I wonder if there is a correlation between yellow pages and livery? How many trad cleaners have you seen in vans that advertise what they do?

mikecam

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 10:21:46 pm »
thats because wfp boys are short of work and trad lads are full and dont need to advertise  ;)
Hey Stan, when the teams of WFP cavassers come round is it like seeing your pension dissapear before your eyes?!!!