Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bingweed

Black marks from beading
« on: August 06, 2010, 02:24:11 pm »
Hi all, just lost three jobs as the upvc frames had black marks all over them. This appears to have come from the black rubber beading ( seals ) that is between the glass and the frames. Infact when running my finger over them in the dry my finger tips are coming away black. I'm woundering whether this is because the beading is old. It's not happening on other houses just these three. Any ideas appreciated and any ideas how to get it off the frames please. Going back out to work now, came home to put this up as I panicked.

Bingweed

Re: Black marks from beading
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 02:28:00 pm »
Forgot to say I'm WFP. Cheers.

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 02:34:08 pm »
beads are rotting,   leave to the next wc to get the same problem

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 02:47:43 pm »
Time for them to be replaced !

Cleaning them would be a ladder jobby and a cleaner ( I use doKtor power - Jml prouct but only on insides as I don't own ladders )

Bet these 3 houses are in the same street and were fitted by the same company within 4 months of eachother
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

james44

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 02:48:50 pm »
Why is it that this problem only exists with wfp and not trad!

is pure water to aggresive, i have tried this using normal tap water and this does not happen!

Sseddon

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 02:53:04 pm »
Why is it that this problem only exists with wfp and not trad!

is pure water to aggresive, i have tried this using normal tap water and this does not happen!

Because the water shoots into the frames and rinses it out?

james44

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 02:54:46 pm »
i have tried this using normal tap water and this does not happen!

Sseddon

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 03:04:21 pm »
i have tried this using normal tap water and this does not happen!

Through the pole? That's weird.

windolene

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 03:10:37 pm »
Hi,

We are traditional

& have encountered this problem many times over the years.  An old peoples home we clean at present is one of the worst. When we wipe the frames down black marking from the black beading occurs.

Kevin WINDOLENE.

james44

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 03:11:14 pm »
Yes through the pole!

I think half the problem could be aggessive scrubbing with the brush, and the type of brush you use you have to remember some brushes are more stiffer then others

I have had this problem on some frames and found that a lighter brush worked better!

james44

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 03:15:41 pm »
Yes your right kevin when i do trad and come across this problem i clean round the bead with a rag sprayed with silicone spray this seems to hold it back for a while and protect it from the elements!

Bingweed

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 12:46:08 pm »
Thanks for the help everyone.   Any ideas about getting the black stains off the white frames . Ta

bobby p

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 01:36:35 pm »
not so long ago i  came across a house like this.im trad and the BLACK  smeared out as i detailed the window as if like a marker pen . i then used a SOPPING wet towel with a squirt of CIF  on it to remove the marks. the white frames then came clean too ,and shiney ,and the black couldnt mark anymore.

ive cleaned these windows several times since with no bother