Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

firefly123

one for you all
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:51:58 pm »
those off you who use wfp mostly which pole for all round use the answer would help us all and the makers to improve poles and  brushes etc ;D ;D ;D
shiney one

tony talbot

Re: one for you all
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 09:09:14 pm »
the thing is everyone has there own views, i like the fibreglass poles because there strong and bomb proof. but some people prefer the lightweight girly carbon things. it all depends on the depth of your pocket :)

the bfg

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 09:12:30 pm »
for all rounds use I find the Glyder pole by Ionics suits my needs,  can reach 3 floors and light enough for ground floor work

mikecam

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 09:14:41 pm »
For my work i use a 18" Extel, seldom need to get anything else out the van.

gewindows

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 09:15:11 pm »
Up until a week ago I was using a 27' SLX for everyday use.

Ive recently been picking up a lot of high work so upgraded that to a 37' SLX.

Now I'm using a 22' CLX for everyday use.

My brush is a Salmon dual-trim.

Susan @ MB Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 09:40:11 pm »
I am using the SLX 25, If its a straight forward 3 bed semi without a conservatory then I pull out my 17ft unger/extel pole.

Matt

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 09:57:22 pm »
brodex hydra alloy 25footer is my main pole and yes i do need the extra length on my run of the mill work for reaching over kitchen extensions etc before anyone says get an 18 footer!its certainly giving my shoulders a workout though!! ;D ;D

i will try an slx at a later date but the hydra is fine for now and its really robust and pretty rigid(better than a fibre glass jobbie by a mile!!)

i use a supalite flocked dual trim for maintenance cleans and the mono for first cleans.
price higher/work harder!

Ste M

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 10:01:23 pm »
for all rounds use I find the Glyder pole by Ionics suits my needs,  can reach 3 floors and light enough for ground floor work

the penny has just dropped an i know who you are now, welcome back it aint been the same without you ;D

gewindows

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 10:04:57 pm »
I sussed him after he'd made 3 posts  ;D

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 10:15:46 pm »
Who is he?

gewindows

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 10:17:00 pm »
He's BFG  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 10:23:00 pm »
im finding that im using my short pole for downstairs work more and more as its a lot lighter and more managable than the hydra as the closed length is just over 6ft on the hydra!  ::)

it would be better i suppose to just have one pole for both top and bottoms but i cant justify paying £400 for a pole just yet as im just getting the hang of wfp and im heavy handed!id probably break an slx in a week!! ;D ;D ;D.....and there never in stock!!! >:( >:(
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 10:28:04 pm »

mark dew

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 10:46:11 pm »
I think the perfect pole combination would be an 25ft slx, but with a slightly shorter closed length and the sections easily removable in seconds on the go. And to make it perfect would be compatability with the sl2. Telescopic upto 25ft and modular above.
I would also like the slx to have sections that can be removed almost as quick as modular poles, so i could just twist off sections without too much loss of time.

Ste M

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 10:51:27 pm »
same as above in one way would be ideal, say a slx 27ft with the option of add on modular poles to take it up to 60ft, that would be excellent in fact. Alex if your reading this get on it mate and you'll sell loads

cleewindows

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 10:54:26 pm »
get yourself a clx 22 or 27 mate much lighter very well priced too and atleast a foot less on length when closed saves carrying 2 poles!
im finding that im using my short pole for downstairs work more and more as its a lot lighter and more managable than the hydra as the closed length is just over 6ft on the hydra!  ::)

it would be better i suppose to just have one pole for both top and bottoms but i cant justify paying £400 for a pole just yet as im just getting the hang of wfp and im heavy handed!id probably break an slx in a week!! ;D ;D ;D.....and there never in stock!!! >:( >:(

mci services

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 11:01:30 pm »

the penny has just dropped an i know who you are now, welcome back it aint been the same without you ;D

I knew who he was ages ago ;D

Ste M

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 11:03:12 pm »

good to have him back, i know of a few things that bfg could stand for as well ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2010, 11:52:36 pm »

good to have him back, i know of a few things that bfg could stand for as well ;D
ste wot poles do u av m8
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Ste M

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2010, 11:55:31 pm »
me? slx 22 smax40 an a couple of alloy ones 18 an 22 oh an a little 4ft as well. y gav?