Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

EVER CLEAN

BRODEX the worst customer service in the world
« on: August 05, 2010, 05:46:08 pm »
just tried to order  a part from brodex, but after 3 years of having the equipment ive been told that they have upgraded to newer models, which is fair enough, they do not stock the parts anymore and will not have the part tooled for me...(what they are really saying is that buy from us, because we change our systems every couple of years, so us customers cant get the parts and have to spend x amout of pounds on a brand new system) because they have decided to make all the older models obsalete.

i spoke to the general manager, she was rude! arrogant, unhelpful, and had no customer service skills whatsoever

ive read a few posts on here about brodex customer skills... or should i say lack of them, but ive just experienced it first hand
my advice ... if you are thinking of getting new reach and wash equipment...... STAY WELL AWAY FROM BRODEX
service with a shine !

EVER CLEAN

Re: BRODEX the worst customer service in the world
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:12:16 pm »
thats my rant over..... calmed down now, but going elsewhere in future
service with a shine !

Ian101

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 07:49:07 pm »
When I go for my system it will be more than likely a Pure Freedom .... was considering Brodex as not to far from me but after reading all the neg stuff on here I think I will travel a 100 miles more and buy Pure Freedom.

EVER CLEAN

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:00:50 pm »
wise decision ian
i neede a spindle for the metal hose reel, also the fitting which goes from crank to pole thread either end.. but all are obsalete now so i would have to buy a full reel and a whole new pole.... its just a money making scam, but they call it upgrading the stock
infact.... when buying equipment a good question to ask would be ..... how often do you upgrade your equipment, then you will know how often youve got to upgrade your full system at a cost of at least £3k minimum
service with a shine !

Ian Rochester

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 08:20:22 pm »
If we were talking about a major piece of your main system then I would possibly agree with you, but we're not, you're talking about a hose reel and a pole, both of which are wearable items and if they are anything like mine get a lot of hard work every day.

If you've managed to get three years out of a hose reel and a pole then you are doing very well, most poles only have a commercial life of around 6 months, other than the BRODEX HYDRA POLE which has a 3 year guaranteed life  ;).

A new hose reel will cost you £61 + vat

http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Hose_reels.html

Poles are not a great deal more depending upon what size you require

I just want to say that we use a lot of brodex products and I have NEVER had a problem with either their customer service or their attitude, in fact they couldn't be more helpful.  I also use Ionic systems and again find there service and technical support to be excellent.

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 09:19:03 pm »
Brodex are probably the best on the market, if you want a factory-led item, seriously.

cleewindows

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 10:28:35 pm »
brodex are terrible! ;D
i waited 3 weeks for a pole and everytime i rang up they would say you only ordered it 3 days a go,and that it was sent!

Archer

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 10:47:27 pm »

Ive never had any problems with Brodex, and the only reason i started using theem was because i was unhappy with the service i recieved from a certain person at Ionics  >:( >:(

Ionics support was very good though, and i also find Brodex to be very good also.

I have bought 3 systems from Brodex in 8 months, and am looking over the next 4 weeks at ordering another system, either 650 or 1000ltr

joewright

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 10:49:23 pm »
Ionics Have been TERRIBLE with me

They Will NEVER get another penny from me

Steer clear of them

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 11:13:58 pm »
brodex has been great in my experience and poles delivered promptly(3 days) and they make  top quality gear at a reasonable price IMO

price higher/work harder!

Ian Rochester

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 11:19:53 pm »
There we go, conflicting stories from different people, relax!

Some things will happen quickly, some not so quickly, I'm sure no supplier has a mission statement that says:

"We're going to be complete b^$tards to our customers, f?ck them about for weeks and then tell them they can't have it!"

Most SUCCESSFUL suppliers do try to deliver on service and support, there are always underlying issues that can complicate things. 

In my opinion communication is key to good service.

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 11:42:20 pm »
maybe it could be your own attitude thats called into question on this occasion..??

sometimes we all overreact to situations that dont go our way from time to time!! ;) :) :)

throwing your toys out of ya pram cos they havent got your precious little spindle thats 3 years old!!BUY A NEW HOSE REEL YA CHEAPSKATE!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

john tomkins

Re: BRODEX the worst customer service in the world New
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 08:13:02 am »

I agree with Ian that the parts you require (pole and reel item) hardly call for
so us customers cant get the parts and have to spend x amout of pounds on a brand new system

when buying equipment a good question to ask would be ..... how often do you upgrade your equipment, then you will know how often youve got to upgrade your full system at a cost of at least £3k minimum

It'll cost you a few hundred quid at most to replace both items with new, not bad for 3 years good service, try buying an SLX and see how much that costs you over 3 years, I'm up to £760 now :o

Must agree though if you really were spoken to the way you say then the customer service really needs looking at.

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 12:07:29 pm »
Why do you guys even bother with Ionics and Brodex? Over the years so many people complain about their terrible service, not to mention overpriced products.

Why not just use Gardiners, and their Super Zero system. Gardiners have got the best aftersales and customer service in the country. Purefreedom is very good too, but I wouldn't go with their system for my next build. Crash tested all the way.

ccmids

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 12:22:42 pm »
brodex are not that bad they always come up with the goods for me,

SB Cleaning

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2010, 12:29:10 pm »
I bought a brodex hydra alloy 18ft pole after a week the one clamp on it was broke >:(

I now have a Gardiners SLX25 and it pes over the brodex in every way!!!

concept

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2010, 12:33:26 pm »
Nothing but praise for Brodex from me.

Had 4 poles off them, superb back up and warranties.

If they could use Gardiners style clamps, enabling shorter closed length, then the alloy Hydra poles would be complete.

ccmids

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 12:36:05 pm »
I bought a brodex hydra alloy 18ft pole after a week the one clamp on it was broke >:(

[/quote

whats it made of

SB Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 02:28:04 pm »

[/quote

whats it made of
Carbon

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 02:57:56 pm »
brodex are useless i only wanted a newspaper and a sausage and tomato and they couldnt manage that  i will use my local shop in future