Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Andy Foster

Digital varistream with remote control problem
« on: August 05, 2010, 05:39:02 pm »
Hi

Wonder if anyone has this setup and had the same problem?

If I put the remote between the battery and the varistream, every time I switch off using the remote it turns off the varistream as well and I have to go back to the van to turn it on again.

If I put it between the varistream and the pump, the varistream doesn't control the flow and the water comes out at full whack.
When I was using the 'mechanical' version of the varistream (the old one with the dial on it) this was not a problem...

Any clues please?

Andy

Roy Harding

Re: Digital varistream with remote control problem
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 05:46:23 pm »
I would guess the old had a manual switch and power would be on until clicked off. But the new digital one rely on voltage to control the switch hence you cut the power with the remote and it thinks you have switched off.

Roy 

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 10:52:53 pm »
Dai put this onto CIU back in January

Re: varistream switching itself on !!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 10:11:52 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I fitted a switch on the live feed from the Varistream to the pump, you can then leave the Varistream switched on all day.
You stop the pump with the new switch which can be mounted outside the pumpbox.
This is the only way if you ever think of using a remote control too, otherwise you have to keep going back to the van to turn it on.

Later on regarding same topic

Re: varistream switching itself on !!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 10:42:42 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: stevieg on January 26, 2010, 10:31:43 PM
My varistream is near the battery so i can just disconnect the clip,but i would prefer to use it as it was meant. Out of interest you mention using a remote(which i have in the past)Like a lot of people on here i got dissolusioned with them.Are you saying that yours works ok?I cant remember but mine either switched on but not off or the other way around!!

I don't use one myself as I have a trolley, but a guy on the DIY forum had the problem that he could switch the varistream off but not back on again.
If the power to the Varistream is disrupted, then you have to turn it back on again, but if you wire the switch on the live feed from the Varistream to the pump it's OK as the power to the Varistream is still on, you can then turn it off or on from the remote.
You are switching the pump on and off, not the Varistream.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Andy Foster

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 10:58:34 pm »
Thanks chaps.

Roy - that is the conclusion I came to so thanks for confirming that, much appreciated.

Spruce - Thanks to you too, I now have the switch fitted between the varistream and the pump and it does indeed switch the pump on and off without affecting the varistream, but for some reason, the varistream doesn't even have to be on for it to work!!!  In fact, even if it IS on, it doesn't regulate the flow.

Don't really understand how the switch and consequently the pump are getting power when the varistream is switched off???

Any ideas?

Andy

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 11:34:55 pm »
There used to be someone selling the remotes on ebay. I remember looking at the listing and it metioning a switch or relay needed for the digital flow controllers.

Might be worth trying to find the listing and asking
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Andy Foster

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 12:01:39 am »
Great idea Blue Frog, but have just looked for listing and can't find it... hey ho thanks for the help guys, looks like I'll be going back to my old varistream.  :(

Andy

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 10:50:53 pm »
Thanks chaps.

Roy - that is the conclusion I came to so thanks for confirming that, much appreciated.

Spruce - Thanks to you too, I now have the switch fitted between the varistream and the pump and it does indeed switch the pump on and off without affecting the varistream, but for some reason, the varistream doesn't even have to be on for it to work!!!  In fact, even if it IS on, it doesn't regulate the flow.

Don't really understand how the switch and consequently the pump are getting power when the varistream is switched off???

Any ideas?

Hi Andy,

I have no personal experience with this. I just remembered the advise that Dai gave as I had a similar problem with my digital Varistream last year.

Probably ask Dai how he got his to work.

Incidently, I contacted Williamson Pumps for a solution but never received a reply.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)