Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Londoner

No wonder there are so many newbies
« on: August 05, 2010, 07:44:07 am »
I took a bloke out with me yesterday to have a look at what window cleaning is all about. He's been out of work for about seven months and is really shocked at how bad the job situation is out there. He's a good bloke and really does want to work.

However, and this is the rub, he tells me that the Jobcentre are really pushing window cleaning big time. 

lyndy

Re: No wonder there are so many newbies
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 08:11:42 am »
Thing is doing the work is the easy part,getting a round together is bloody hard work

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 08:41:17 am »
Thing is doing the work is the easy part,getting a round together is bloody hard work

true but once you say you are going self employed you are off the dole and that is  all they want, then tax credits top up your wages,  6 monyhs down the line of making no money as there is 10 new wc in every street they go back the dole trying to sign on   get told sorry you left employment and havent paid you NI,  you aint getting a penny  go get a job

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 12:37:47 pm »
its not easy to get the work as most roads have a window cleaner sometimes 3-4!

coupled with bad weather and the nature of the work puts a lot off from building a decent round and earning a half decent living out of it.
price higher/work harder!

gto

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 12:50:33 pm »
the jobcentre i go wont help me out with setting up my own round.

it was my idea to start up on my own, and there was a £50 a week for 16 weeks subsidey they where offering to new selfemployed.
but i dont know if i will get it as, i now go to the stage 4 job experts the gov pays 20 Million a year to help people back into work. and they say the jobcentre should pay it, the jobcentre say CDG should pay. so i may just have to go it alone and hope to make some money in the first 4 weeks, after that it should be ok.

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 12:53:51 pm »
i do the windows for a bloke who works in the job centre, he was tellign me the other week that when people where coming in to sign on   they didnt have to look for a job as there was none  lol

tony talbot

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 03:36:03 pm »
anyone who can rise to the task of starting there own buisness deserves support , plus if they jack it in a few months down the line there custys will be looking for a new wc  :) :)

darren73

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 04:26:28 pm »
hi gto,you should look into test trading (steps to work)where you can work for 6 months and still get your benefits and any money you make goes straight into the business/costs,you also get an extra 30 a week and dont have to sign on