This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike #1

repairing scratched glass
« on: August 05, 2010, 06:58:18 am »
anyone tried any of the products out their and can recommend , custy has 2 light scratches on one window have looked around but the only one i found involves  using a a drill attachment to polish glass after putting paste over scratch  paste  dont want to damage glass , any help would be appreciated

Darranvps

Re: repairing scratched glass
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 07:12:24 am »
Best bet, leave it alone.

Londoner

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 07:20:51 am »
Don't get involved.

Dan100

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 08:15:03 am »
Just a thought have you tried contacting Auto xxxxx or any other ? I remember when i was in the motor trade we sometimes got cars in with light scratches on the window screen.I'm sure they would be happy to advise.

If it was me though i would leave it alone.Good luck

tony talbot

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 03:47:42 pm »
absolute no go area, unless your a pro or have deep pockets

Mike #1

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 07:37:45 pm »
custy says i have caused scratches 2 light straight scratches on french doors i said i would try to find a solution i have no reason to not to belive her she is good custy of mine for 6yrs now feel really bad about it

tony talbot

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 08:47:29 pm »
i'm wfp and i always start cleaning the top windows first then work down to the bottom windows so if there was some grit etc in your brush then the upstairs windows should be scratched first. if its just the french doors i would be a little cautious about admitting blame. also scratchs on the bottom half of french doors usually means claw damage by a dog

cleewindows

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 09:04:24 pm »
colgate toothpaste rub it on with paper in circular motion,then microfibre off and buff up
then wash the whole window
works for me,i have my trusty colgate in the van  ;D
anyone tried any of the products out their and can recommend , custy has 2 light scratches on one window have looked around but the only one i found involves  using a a drill attachment to polish glass after putting paste over scratch  paste  dont want to damage glass , any help would be appreciated

kevinc

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 09:24:25 pm »
hi pro ;D if you rubbed your fingernail into the scracth can you feel it?if so don't bother repairing,if you can't feel it then jewelers rouge and a dolly peg(remember those?)snapped in half work with lots of water and a lot of rubbing-tip with a marker pen put two lines on the inside of the glass so you can see where you are going,this has and still is used in the glass trade today to get over slight hiccups-regards kevin

Mike #1

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 06:39:35 am »
cheers lads great help , the scratch is at the top and they dont have a dog toothpaste heard that one but was'nt sure , Is the dolly peg the old fashion peg will investigte further many thanks lads