This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

taylored

cheap wfp
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:54:56 pm »
looking for a 4 or 5m pole for conservatory cleans to run off a tap. thinking about makeing 1 like the 1 on youtube but would be better if i could find 1 for under £60.  ???

dazmond

Re: cheap wfp
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 12:06:52 am »
i use an unger optiloc extension pole with an adaptor from cleantech(alloy one)just screw brush on,attach pole hose on tap and away you go!

got pole from windowcleancentre although i think cleantech sell them as well.

hope this helps.all this would come under 60quid to buy

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

cleewindows

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 12:10:30 am »
i just sold a nearly new 24 foot xtel with a superlite brush for only £60
looking for a 4 or 5m pole for conservatory cleans to run off a tap. thinking about makeing 1 like the 1 on youtube but would be better if i could find 1 for under £60.  ???

taylored

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 12:19:19 am »
thanks for the info will have a look at them.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 12:27:47 am »
Keep your eye out on the for sale section & ebay
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

andyM

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 05:36:01 pm »
Get a 5mtr Harris decorating pole, cost £15 from B & Q. 15 minutes work to convert the pole to accept a brush and hose.   
One of the Plebs

andyM

Re: cheap wfp New
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 07:30:11 pm »
Very easy to do.
Step 1: Cut the threaded end of the Harris pole off using a hacksaw just below the rivet and throw away.
Step 2: You now need to replace the threaded end with one that will accept the angle adaptor for your brush. You can use this adaptor http://www.wfpshop.co.uk/ or buy a household broom from Tesco and cut 3 or 4 inches off the threaded end of the pole. This will slip into the end of the Harris pole, you can either araldite this in place or hold in place with one or two small self tapping screws.
Step 3: Drill a 12mm hole into the bottom section of the pole. (to make it easier drill 6mm first then open the hole out with a 10mm and finally a 12mm drill bit)
Step 4: Approximately 6 inches or so from the threaded end of the pole drill a 10mm hole on one side only (Only drill into the hollow section of the pole and not through and out the other side). Use a file or coarse sand paper to remove burrs and sharp edges.
So now you have a Harris pole with a threaded end to accept your angle adaptor and brush, a 10mm hole 6 inches down where your pole hose will exit to be attached to your brush and a 12mm hole in the bottom. Now thread your pole hose into the 10mm hole and out the bottom end of the pole, make sure you use enough pole hose, I would recommend about 8 mtrs plus.
Job done, it sounds long winded when written down like this but it is really easy and can be done in 15 mins.

One of the Plebs

taylored

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2010, 06:14:53 pm »
thanks alot for that ajm, will give it ago over the weekend