Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C.C.S.

tank fitting kit
« on: August 04, 2010, 09:17:09 pm »
hi just ordered cleantech's tank fitting kit.i have a 400l tank and i'm not sure how to fit it.does anyone can help me,maybe some one who actually used one.
in the package came 2 angle frames 2rachet straps some bolts and plates.but not sure how it's should be done.cheers guys
http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/prod ... ucts_id=90

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

Re: tank fitting kit
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 09:20:50 pm »
That link is not complete mate....

Have you no fitting instructions?? ;D ;D
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"

C.C.S.

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 09:25:01 pm »

sunshine windows

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 09:35:51 pm »
If you need advice on how to fit the tank then I would suggest not taking any chances with doing it yourself.

Get a professional to fit the tank and then fit the rest yourself. It's not worth the risk in my view.

I know this isn't the advice you sought but i'm just concerned for your safety.

Lance
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 10:12:50 pm »
B****y H**l :o :o

Well over £100 for the same stuff you can buy for less than £30

2 x lengths of angle iron from your local small engineering firm: £10.

2 x 5ton ratchet straps from http://www.rhtltd.co.uk/catalogue/index.html £13 plus delivery

Length of 12mm high tensile threaded bar plus suitable nuts  £5 -ish

Fitting: been discussed on here umpteen times  -  just make sure it's securely attached to the chassis.

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 10:14:07 pm »
u got a flat or upright tank

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 10:25:38 pm »
just make sure it is secure so it cant slide . if your in an accident it wont do any good anyway

C.C.S.

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 02:48:39 pm »
B****y H**l :o :o

Well over £100 for the same stuff you can buy for less than £30

2 x lengths of angle iron from your local small engineering firm: £10.

2 x 5ton ratchet straps from http://www.rhtltd.co.uk/catalogue/index.html £13 plus delivery

Length of 12mm high tensile threaded bar plus suitable nuts  £5 -ish

Fitting: been discussed on here umpteen times  -  just make sure it's securely attached to the chassis.
i think it's a bit of a rips off aswell although i ordered before from cleantech and i normally have a good impression about them.so i think i will return it and get a tank frame from Peter Fogwill which is about £160 as i won't feel same with what i ordered.thank you guys

Richard hydro

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 04:23:30 pm »
Hi, Iam local to you (Clacton) Who is Peter Fogwill? I also need a tank frame so we might be able to get a discount if we order 2. Iam working away from home for a 10 days so if you need to contact me ring 07810650920 Cheers Richard

C.C.S.

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 04:55:04 pm »

andyM

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 05:20:41 pm »
Yeah I saw the cleantech tank fitting kit advertised on their site ages ago. Couldn't believe what they were charging to be honest.
So I made my own from 40x40x6mm angle iron and 5 ton load straps. Cost me about £30 all in and is solid as a rock.
Peter Fogwills version looks ok, but why don't you enquire at a local engineering firm?
They will knock one up for you and you might even save money.     
One of the Plebs

Davie T

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 08:02:34 pm »
Cleantech's angle irons are made from stainless steel which will not rust.

Just try to drill an extra hole in their stainless steel angle iron and you will see the difference.

Use any other metal and you could have corrosion at a point where you need it most.

andyM

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 08:30:38 pm »
You don't need to use stainless, just hammerite mild steel which is more than sufficient. ::)
One of the Plebs

Davie T

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 10:12:25 pm »
If that's OK with you with that weight behind you, OK

andyM

Re: tank fitting kit New
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2010, 05:59:20 pm »
Mild steel is perfectly substantial, oxidisation (rust) will only occur if water comes into contact with bare metal. Hence by coating the angle iron with hammerite, red oxide paint or by galvanising a protective coating is ensured and will last for years with no sign of metal fatigue.
Mild steel is used in many building applications such as Bridges, Commercial Buildings, Office Blocks etc. where strength and resistance to fatigue and corrossion are critical.
Stainless Steel in all the above applications just would not be financially viable and is best suited to marine applications where it will outperform lesser robust materials.
Im confident with the choice I have made.  :-*

One of the Plebs