Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: minimum charge
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2010, 10:00:29 pm »
It cost you money to arrive and have equipment and all those costs petrol ladders etc.If you can close your eyes to all these facts maybe you should be in the self employed busines.I believe it costs 3.50 just to arrive on the dorstep then the windows cost.

wpclean

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2010, 10:03:13 pm »
It is easier to have a minimum charge when you are established and have a good client base , but when you are trying to build up a business and are new its not so easy .

andyjm1

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2010, 10:04:36 pm »
Have you  tried to get 10 quid. Window cleaning is not a charity.

No, I'm not that foolish.

I know what the going rate is.

The point is no one else can tell me what my minimum rate should be.
Each individual company should set that based on their own circumstances and what they are happy to earn.

andyjm1

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 10:06:28 pm »
I believe it costs 3.50 just to arrive on the dorstep then the windows cost.

How do you work that one out?

chris sloan

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 10:13:32 pm »
i go in at 8 on a semi, and offer them a free clean per referral. watch the new customers sail in.

Jackal

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 10:17:45 pm »
why try get £10 if it only takes 5 mins to do the house, if he's doing a few in the street its going to pay well no doubt about it,whats stopping the customers having the other bloke for £4 instead,he would end up losing his round

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2010, 10:47:07 pm »
CHARGE WHAT YOU LIKE AND WHAT YOU THINK IS A FAIR PRICE FOR THE JOB!!

its nobodies business but your own when it comes to pricing.i have some granny flats i charge £2-50 a flat and make £75 in just over 2 hours work and very compact estates of 3 bedders at £5,£6,£7 a pop.160 of them nearly all one after the other and i earn pretty good money on these too.of course all my new work is priced more around the £10 mark and i have quite a lot of better priced bigger houses mixed with a few commercial.

regional differences also.im in the north west.in london you could probably double my prices but cost of living is a lot higher than it is up here!! ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Sseddon

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 07:47:55 am »
i go in at 8 on a semi, and offer them a free clean per referral. watch the new customers sail in.

What a fantastic idea, though on a £20 job I might make it half price. Will definitely use this.

TonyD

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 08:06:39 am »
It sounds like you've got the idea anyway with pricing, the main thing when starting out is to not sell yourself short, offer a fair market average price for your work.  Lots of people make the mistake when first starting of underpricing because they're not aware how long it might take, scared of pricing to high and not winning the customers or don't want to appear too expensive. 

Setting a fair price that's right for you and your customers at the start will see you right in the long run. 

Neil271052

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2010, 08:32:45 am »
dream,dream,dream

£10 minimum and that's for front only here in Surrey.

Obviously prices are different in other parts of the country.

It's no dream I assure you.

I live in an area with large expensive houses (I have one myself ;) ) and customers would rather pay me a decent amount when they consider the security aspects than any old cheap bloke they don't know.

I have a decent size customer base and only work on recommendation (no websites  or silly "catchy" names)  just my own moniker. My youngest son works with me.  

I find people who have large expendable incomes would far rather pay a bit more for reliability, continuity and trustworthiness.

I won't sell myself short and charging what some think is dear just allows me to work mornings only.
Cheers,
Neil

taylored

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 05:52:49 pm »
started some think here :-\ when iv proved im good then i can be pickie,  £10 around here ppl wouldnt pay :(