Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SPE

changed filters on my 4040.........
« on: August 04, 2010, 08:14:05 am »
........and now the psi has dropped by about 5 and the product tds risen from 23 to 30 ppm  ???
I flushed them through for an hour and then connected up to ro and flushed that too for an hour, bit confused
does it take longer to settle than that ?
Simon

[GQC] Tim

Re: changed filters on my 4040.........
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 09:31:45 am »
Due to weather conditions you can sometimes experience different results. For instance water temperature, incoming TDS and simply a drop in water pressure due to the hot weather (hosepipes etc)

Also, if you had a couple of days of heavy rain, sometimes the TDS can go up as well.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

ccmids

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 01:57:07 pm »
you shouldnt have to rinse for a hour, seems a bit long to me  , iwas told 5 mins thats all you need to do it for.

SPE

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 04:36:00 pm »
you shouldnt have to rinse for a hour, seems a bit long to me  , iwas told 5 mins thats all you need to do it for.

I bought the new filters from a trusted supplier well known on here and thats the recommended time stated on their product page
Due to weather conditions you can sometimes experience different results. For instance water temperature, incoming TDS and simply a drop in water pressure due to the hot weather (hosepipes etc)

Also, if you had a couple of days of heavy rain, sometimes the TDS can go up as well.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.
I took the previous filters tds measurement and psi last night right before changing them (they must be atleast 6 months old) so I doubt climatic conditions changed that much in the space of an hour. It just seems odd that I'm getting worse product results from new filters, like the saying "if it aint broke don't fix" so an evening spent pratting around for no gain, should have left well alone  ::) ahh well !
Thanks anyways
Simon