Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mci services

Re: got my first big hotel to quote any tips
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 11:49:10 pm »
 ;D looks higher round the side

Ste M

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 11:53:03 pm »
and its got a courtyard sort of affair at the back, its bigger than you think, most of the lower floor is not the hotel though its the restaurant, may end up with that as well due to using wfp

Tom White

« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2010, 12:40:10 am »
I used to do the Hilton Hotel in Newport.  Ruddy nightmare it was because I'd priced low.  Nice job; they used to feed us and we had free drinks (non alcoholic mind); nice people too.

But the low price killed us; so we had to 'give it back'.

So my advice is not to price low to get the job.

richywilts

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2010, 11:12:08 am »
its ok richy ill sub it to you as i know the owner ;D

just spoke to the owner he said he requires a PROFESSIONAL window cleaning service  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Sean Dyer

« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2010, 12:29:09 pm »
when I price up large commercial my rate per window drops by about 50% as it really is that much quicker to do when you dont have to move from the one location, I probably would go that low for internal though and find out how that is going to work with guests etc as that could be real pain, also time of day for external as they wont want guest being disturbed early morning and if parking is a problem etc
i have a hotel on the books that doesnt let us start before 11 this makes reach and wash impossible as the traffic is too bad at that time and its on a very busy street in city. So it has to be abseiled i should have worked this out at quote but found out too late so i dont make alot on it so do check everything out 1st

AJ

« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2010, 01:42:06 pm »
When quoting hotels, factor in the extra time it will take if rooms are occupied. You can find yourself doing one room on the 3rd then up to 5th down to 4th etc until all rooms have been vacated. If it is a pole job, not all the windows will be closed, so you may have to walk round with someone knocking and closing them. (then relying on guests to keep them closed) also, as already mentioned they generally will have a later start time.
On the + side, possible free brekky.

M Henderson

« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010, 03:22:38 pm »
If it's more than a 3 hour job then I usually work out a price in terms of half days.

eg. Can you do it all in one morning? - Quote half your daily target.

More than a morning - then quote your daily target.

If you finish early and have time to do a couple of jobs before the day is out it's a bonus.

richywilts

« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2010, 07:31:18 pm »
what would u say a good day rate is for myself and 2 lads??
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

ronaldo

« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2010, 07:38:59 pm »
Half 8 to half 3, £350, that works out at £200 for you and £75 a piece for your lads.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

mci services

« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2010, 07:43:48 pm »
Half 8 to half 3, £350, that works out at £200 for you and £75 a piece for your lads.

that doesnt make sense you would not be making a profit from your lads and would be pointless having staff

deeege

« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2010, 07:47:25 pm »
what would u say a good day rate is for myself and 2 lads??

it's a question that only you can answer. We don't know how much you pay your staff, your overheads, how much work you have on at the moment etc...... All of which should effect your pricing.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

ronaldo

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2010, 07:48:40 pm »
Why not ? all 3 of my lads are self employed and work half 8 till half 3 and get paid £75 a day wheather they work or not, and they are all well happy and worked for me for years.

mci services

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2010, 07:53:02 pm »
they might be happy but you arent making a profit from them if you were to charge like that

ronaldo

« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2010, 07:55:15 pm »
So i,m earning £350 from a days work and they are getting paid £150 and theyre making me no profit, are you stupid or something or are you another forum millionaire  :-\

mci services

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2010, 07:58:09 pm »
no i am not stupid or a millionaire but if I can do 150 a day on my own then for three men working on a large job should be able to 450 and yes you pay out 150 and your left with 300 instead of 200 that you could have earned on your own. whos stupid now

ronaldo

« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2010, 08:00:50 pm »
yawn yawn keep pushing your brush mate you,ll get there in the end.

mci services

« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2010, 08:07:50 pm »
yawn yawn keep pushing your brush mate you,ll get there in the end.

ok let me explain this way if you take a daily rate on a large job that takes three men a day and for whatever your 2 lads cant be there and you have to do it on your own. you will take three days to complete so 350 isn't that great any more.

any way I will leave it that as how everyone prices is up to them

deeege

« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2010, 08:09:50 pm »
I agree with stu. If he were to charge £200 + £75 + £75 = £350 as a day rate he is earning £200 for the day for himself and not profitting from his staff. Surely the reason to employ and take on the extra stress and mither is to earn extra money that you couldn't by working alone?

Wheras if you employ 2 lads at £75 a day and can turn over £600 as a team... Well that's a different story and I'm sure that's what ronaldo means.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

mci services

« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2010, 08:14:29 pm »

Wheras if you employ 2 lads at £75 a day and can turn over £600 as a team... Well that's a different story and I'm sure that's what ronaldo means.

thats my point and i agree although thats not what he is saying

ronaldo

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2010, 08:21:39 pm »
The original poster asked the question of what to charge to do the job, i answered him and as always with the forum crap, people jump striaght down your neck, i would be happy to go and work for that for a day just as i,m happy to go and earn double that but its still a days work, but after 15years 3 vans 2 nifty lifts and one of the biggest domestic rounds in Worcestershire i,m still stupid and not earning enough, never mind i,ll just try a bit harder.