This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mci services

Re: got my first big hotel to quote any tips
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2010, 08:43:42 pm »
The original poster asked the question of what to charge to do the job, i answered him and as always with the forum crap, people jump striaght down your neck, i would be happy to go and work for that for a day just as i,m happy to go and earn double that but its still a days work, but after 15years 3 vans 2 nifty lifts and one of the biggest domestic rounds in Worcestershire i,m still stupid and not earning enough, never mind i,ll just try a bit harder.

ok mate I take your point and I did not mean jump straight down your back, I never ever wanted to be a poster that does exactly that. As it gets right on my nerves. but you were the one who called me stupid because I did not agree on how you came to day rate for three men. I am not saying that rate is to low or high I will keep mine to myself. A bit of advice I got on pricing commercial though was to work how long everything would take one man. so if I thought a job would take 3 days they would get 3x my min hourly rate and if I can throw three men at the job and complete in a day I would make more money using that method than yours, but then again I would not get the job because you would get it with your method

ronaldo

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2010, 08:56:11 pm »
We all have a point Stu but sometimes its awkward to get it over properley, best bit of advice i,ll give you is, if your happy to earn a set amount and you go to work smiling it doesnt matter what anyone else earns just keep enjoying what you do.  ;D
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

mci services

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2010, 08:57:39 pm »
We all have a point Stu but sometimes its awkward to get it over properley, best bit of advice i,ll give you is, if your happy to earn a set amount and you go to work smiling it doesnt matter what anyone else earns just keep enjoying what you do.  ;D
;D that will do for me

ronnie paton

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2010, 10:06:29 pm »
Employing is about
a making mire money
b making life easy
c both

Now employing comes with problems and expense so this should be consider when pricing, so stu I totally see your point and Ronaldo I don't see yours.

Richy to answer your question it's about learning so price maybe less than you thought to get it and learn from this job.

I learnt by overpricing(not purposely) and getting them
but doing in half the time I thought.

Richy be profesional sell your self and
even be cheeky and try and get some info it all helps

AJ

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2010, 08:52:02 am »
Charge your hourly rate as if doing it on your own. Whatever you pay your lads is up to you. If one day you have to do it on your own, you're covered. If you get 3 lads to do it you're making profit.

Ola Normann

« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2010, 12:54:51 pm »
Yes, I agree with AJ. Charge whatever that you would have charged, and then let some one else do the job.
When you do business like ronaldo, it destorys the marked price. Good for him, not good for the market.

Were having big problems with people running a business like that in my area, you can not compete with prices like that.