This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

whats is monofilament
« on: August 02, 2010, 11:19:54 pm »
is see a lot of brush heads are monofilament, what is it,  does it clean better than flocked un flocked?

Tom White

Re: whats is monofilament
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 11:50:38 pm »
monofilament is a brush that has single (unflocked) bristles.  Some claim the flocked type of brushes hold dirt and can impart it onto a window if you 'rinse on the glass', but I've used both and I'm pretty sure they're both the same.

They both clean windows and you can rinse on with both.

Jack Wallace

Re: whats is monofilament
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 05:32:29 pm »
Both types will clean to the same standard, the difference that counts is which cleans quicker.

Monofilaments come in different sizes (thickness) so technically each flagged or flocked part is a very thin monofilament, you can get monofilaments thinner than some flagged, all depends on size.

Can’t be bothered to explain in detail, but stick with multifilament if you want to get the work done sooner rather than later, or risk compromising your standard of work.

Monofilament, multifilament, flagged and flocked.  ??? I for one would be very interested to hear a full explanation Ewan.

It’s all very interesting and a bit confusing to be honest, is the speed difference really that noticeable that it makes a significant difference to a day’s work?