This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

protectokote on wood
« on: August 02, 2010, 10:24:56 am »
hi been stripping out my van and ripped out the carpets and its got a wood floor which id ont want to really rip out as its secured in, can i use protectorkote on a wood floor, 

deeege

Re: protectokote on wood
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 10:28:41 am »
You can do, but it will eventually still rot in places. Would be far better off taking it up and protecting the van floor imo.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 10:33:07 am »
Yes you can, the transparent one is great for decking.

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 02:25:36 pm »
Yes mate it will be fine,  but put some rubber matting on top (B and Q) to stop it getting damaged..

I did it 2 years ago with Thompsons Roof Seal . Just make sure that you silicone round all the joints  :)
You can't polish a turd

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 02:54:09 pm »
If you do make sure it is bone dry plus dont EVER get any holes in the protectokote as water will get past it and lift the paint.

I have done 2 wooden floors and both eventually lift. Better to go down to metal with it as this will protect the van then put flooring down if you must.

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 03:03:32 pm »
The whole point of putting Protektacote on is to prevent the water getting to the steel.  Pure water will rot steel far quicker than ordinary water.  If you must avoid lifting the wood, then you've got to ensure there is a PROPER watertight seal all round the edges.  Any tiny gaps will let the water in and the Protektacote will be useless.