This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jack Wallace

Marketing Ideas.
« on: August 01, 2010, 11:22:57 am »
It seems like a lot of newbies are coming on board these days, so figured ideas in marketing is a good way to get started.

Not that I am saying I have all the answers but a thread of different ideas would be useful to everyone.

So why not list some of the things you have tried. even the bizarre and unusual.

I will make a start...

Parish magazines, I tried this for the first time this year and have been very impressed with the result. so much so i am this week planning on contacting as many as I can in my local area. I find a lot of the older folk use these as opposed to other forms of advertising as they trust the judgement of the person producing it not to include dodgy tradesmen.

david watts

Re: Marketing Ideas.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 05:56:21 pm »
tried a paper when i started; then yellow pages best thing is good sign writing
next van gets a wrap ;)
life is like a box of chocolates you get the crap no one else wants

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 06:17:36 pm »
 there isnt that mean way to advertise that work really,  a well signed van,  uniform so u get seen, that is why i have changed to a yellow shirt so am seen more,  yellow pages yell.com  and well ranked google web site,   odd palces parish mags might work esp in villages,   but knocking is the best way to get know with flyers

kate1

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 05:34:08 pm »
Well funny enough.

Im a freelance telesales/marketing/appointment setting/research person.  Although I work very closely with Acacia

I got sent a job the other day, for a company that wanted somebody to canvass via the phone for commercial contracts, anyone do this currently?  It was commission only, which I never do anyway - but the rates seemed pretty good.

suds window service

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 06:07:16 pm »
marketing my business is something i really need to get to grips with if we are to kick on...i will read with interest. tbh i think we could do with outside help commission only would appeal to me.

kate1

Re: Marketing Ideas. New
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 06:10:07 pm »
I wish I could find the advert now.

But they were offering quite a good comm rate if you were to close a commercial contract.

Im assuming, no expert, that within this industry its price wars.

Depends what your target market is?  Domestic or commercial?  Which will all depend on the equipment capacity that you have.

Commercial I suppose less buildings, domestic - high volume?

I suppose you must get to a turning point within the business where you want to progress.  You maybe doing a mixture of both, but then is the decision where either you want to do both domestic and commercial or one or the other?

Domestic marketing

I would assume that leaflet and door to door knocking, plus word of mouth (word of mouth can also be bad if you do a bad job) so it works both ways.

So yes domestic would be regular advertising in local mags,  One off ads do not work, you have to be continuous, so people get used to seeing your name. Leaflet dropping, but you COULD if you wanted follow this up with a call.  Everybody prioritises services and bills, which is more important, paying the gas? or paying the window cleaner?

If any of you advertise, I would have thought that the advertising bill is last on the list to pay - its a necessity, but not as important as buying supplies to run your business.

Commercial marketing

I would definately go down the route of calling from a TPS list (telephone preference service).  You either can buy data, and hopefully rely on that the amount of employees reflects the building size?  Or you drive round your local area and look at the buildings you would like to clean.  Try and find a number on the net, TPS
check it and call.

Really its very diverse the ideas, you could offer 1 month windows, gutter cleaning free - or something like that - mix and match?

Refer a friend, an honoury clean?

Sometimes you have to add a little "extra" that sets you apart from the competition, a bit gimicky it maybe - but it may sway people to go with you.

Even a voucher scheme, so many cleans and you get a clean free?

You could even run a competition between all the people on you round, make it fun, this month A N Other are giving away X, it makes you different

you could do a trival pursuit type of thing when you put the bill through the door, whoever wins gets their clean free.

Your a community industry

You will soon be known for being a bit different

Hope that helps