This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

creggan

workers collecting?
« on: July 31, 2010, 08:04:47 pm »
wondering if many people who employ someone have them collecting money also.i have a new employee,8 weeks now.told him when he started it would be part of the job.to make up the time collecting,2hrs per week,i let him finish up early 2hrs on a friday.he rang me today looking for one and a half days pay extra for collecting over the last few weeks.good worker but not a chance

mci services

Re: workers collecting?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 08:09:52 pm »
say certainly but I am deducting one and half days pay for the early finishes on a friday

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 08:27:13 pm »
I wouldn't be suprised if he quits and goes it alone thinking its easy after going out collecting for you !

How long has he been spending collecting ?
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

creggan

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 08:44:19 pm »
1 1/2 to 2 hrs per week

geefree

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 10:10:01 pm »
i would never let an employee collect for me, ...he knows your earnings almost! and cash is a temptation to a lot of people.

creggan

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 10:14:44 pm »
fair point,but he knows what i charge generally if someone pays him after a clean

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 10:19:06 pm »
just make sure his collecting for you is with in his hours of contracted work, then you dont have to pay him any extra

Ian Rochester

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 10:30:58 pm »
 :-\ :'(  that's how it will end

Newannaive

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 10:48:31 pm »
i wish my collecting was only 2hrs  ::)

geefree

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 11:02:58 pm »
I would ask customers not to tell the price or pay him.

But, you have let him collect, so its done now,

Tell him its in his contract to collect, but its not in his contract the early finishes he has had ....

Also did you offer a 3 month trial period?

he is going to be trouble this one.

creggan

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 11:43:55 pm »
no trial period,have it sorted as i contacted him and said it was part and parcel of the job,he said that was fine just that his wife liked shopping on sat mornings

kate1

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2010, 07:45:20 am »
But I suppose if you want to expand you have to delegate?  If ones collecting and you have a system that knows exactly where they are and what they are due to return with, what houses they have been to etc  If you had someone out collecting, would that not then free up time for canvassing?

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2010, 09:24:28 am »
your asking for trouble mate IMO.

no way in a million years would i get someone else to collect MY money!ITS MY BUSINESS NOT HIS!!

he knows how much money your earning.he gets to know your customers better than you(beware you might lose work!) and he ll eventually get resentful thats he s only getting a small wage for doing all the running about.

id stop it now and take charge of my business!

your heading for problems my friend!do tell us i was right a few months from now!!

I TOLD YOU SO!! ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

REGARDS

DAZMOND
price higher/work harder!

kate1

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2010, 09:33:28 am »
But with Midas, its very difficult for people to steal from you.  Because you know exactly what they should be coming back with, cash, cheque, prepaid etc.  And if you wanted you can just sit in front of your screen or mobile, and it will refresh every 15 seconds, so you can see.  It was created like this because we understood WC's were experiencing problems in this area.  Just means you can expand really, without worrying about money going missing.  Of course you would hopefully go for a trusty person in the first place, but this just eliminates this happening should you want to employ staff and expand the business

lee09

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2010, 09:43:59 am »
But with Midas, its very difficult for people to steal from you.  Because you know exactly what they should be coming back with, cash, cheque, prepaid etc.  And if you wanted you can just sit in front of your screen or mobile, and it will refresh every 15 seconds, so you can see.  It was created like this because we understood WC's were experiencing problems in this area.  Just means you can expand really, without worrying about money going missing.  Of course you would hopefully go for a trusty person in the first place, but this just eliminates this happening should you want to employ staff and expand the business

Thats as maybe, but it does not stop the employee making strong a relationship with the customer.
Dazmond every word is spot on.
Creggan, is there no one else who could do the collecting on your behalf like a family member who is not connected with your business for a commission? Paying someone else two hours a week plus petrol will be cheaper in the long run
Lee

brianbarber

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 10:18:05 am »
With employees I would go down the direct payment route or get them to send a cheque
Employees should not know what you charge.
It's the quickest way to lose them.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

creggan

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 02:14:27 pm »
will have to get a family member to collect,prob my brother as he knows the areas i clean

wire1078

« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 03:13:25 pm »
never mate its one way to lose workers if they have to work all day then collect

sherco

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2010, 03:27:25 pm »
You maybe get some customer saying i paid your mate last week...when they haven't..Who would you believe!!! Sounds like trouble to me.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2010, 06:26:29 pm »
Ding Ding