This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

pole loop keeps kinking&twisting!!
« on: July 31, 2010, 05:03:17 pm »
the loop i have that goes up inside the pole(i currently use a pole tap)keeps twisting and kinking when extending!its been doing my head in this week!!

any thoughts and suggestions to cure this? what do some of you guys use?

many thanks

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

lee09

Re: pole loop keeps kinking&twisting!!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 05:08:54 pm »
Welcome to wfp!
When you have cured this there will be something els honestly.
Still would not go back though  ;D
Lee

john tomkins

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 05:10:50 pm »
I just take it that it's time to replace the hose, in fact I'm going to do mine now :)

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 05:29:38 pm »
Just dont twist the brush head on top of the pole. With dropping and lifting the pole sections do turn around and twist the hose.Answer loosen of the poles sections and reassemble the pole after pulling the hose strait.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 05:30:39 pm »
john my pole hose is 6 weeks old!!(5mm streamline light)!

the first month i barely had a problem!now even when ive took the hose out of the pole and refitted it its not long before its twisting again taking up time that i would otherwise save!! >:( >:(

im feeling fed up with wfp  at the moment!im still doing some first cleans(downstairs anyway) and im still slower than trad on some work. ::)

hopefully after ive cleaned all my work 3 -4 times itll get quicker as i find the best way of approaching each job efficiently.
price higher/work harder!

Scrimble

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 06:02:58 pm »
i had the same problem, change the connectors on the pole tap to ez snap on and you wont have a problem

john tomkins

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 08:17:14 pm »
Dazmond....
The way we use a tap on the pole, and the loop it creates is fine to start with as the hose is straight and kink free.
Constantly opening and closing the pole causes the hose to rub against the butt end of the pole on one edge, doing this 100s of times causes  the "memory" of the hose to alter, so instead of being straight causes it to kink and twist and you wont get it back to its original state easily so just change it when it gets too bad.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 08:34:26 pm »
perhaps the original 6 or 8mm pole hose was better suited ?

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

weetot

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 08:39:33 pm »
Leave the hose on the outside of the pole.

FORS
Prolong the life of ya pole (allegedly)
No twists nor kinking

AGAINSTS
You have hose waving at you when cleaning said windies.

;D
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2010, 09:56:22 pm »
i use a tap on the pole and have  the same pole hose for 8 months inside the pole. when i start to feel it kinking usually once a week i disconnect it from my mimibore, take the tap off the pole (it is taped on takes seconds) then let the pole hose stretch right out to its full length , obviously with the pole  closed. you can see the hose taking its original shape , simply tape the hose back on the pole iether side of the tap and connect back to your minibore  simple ;)                                                                                                                                                                 bonus tip i use a push fit tap from gardiners which has so far not been pulled out of the pole hose and is also 8 months old with no leaks  . so dont waste  your money replacing your hose simply spend 5 minutes a week doing this ;)

mci services

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2010, 10:03:12 pm »
or buy an auto brush or aqua adapter if its any good, and don't have a loop easy