This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jonathan Spencer

Burns on UPVC
« on: July 31, 2010, 04:59:06 pm »
Hi all

I have had a customer ask how if I could get rid of cigarette burns off his window cills.  Anyone got any ideas?

dazmond

Re: Burns on UPVC
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 05:07:55 pm »
i would just say that its not my problem sorry!i just clean regular dirt off windows and sills!!
price higher/work harder!

lee09

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 05:10:14 pm »
Advise them to use an ashtray, dirty gets.
Lee

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 05:33:50 pm »
I ahd a custy who would flick buts out of her bedroom window in to the conny roof.I told her she will set the place on fire .  Last week it burned a hole through the conny roof. She had several burns through the first skin of the of the plexy glass roof. To repalce thew sheets its +- 100 quid per sheet..

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 07:53:49 pm »
Remove windows and replace UPVC sills with new. Probably won't get anything to match so replace whole window.
Its their problem - not yours so don't get involved - don't take the problem on as burn marks can't be repaired.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

S

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2010, 10:30:49 pm »
Depends on the burn mark. I have used wet and dry sandpaper before on burn marks, when I was a window fitter. Or they could try some white waterproof marker, just to cover it up.

But would advise to stay away. If you make it look worse, they may hold you to account.