This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ryan @ Transparent, Carlisle

WFP van setup. another problem
« on: July 31, 2010, 03:11:41 pm »
got it all setup and working, or so i thought..

The other day, managed to get all the shop signs done with it, then turned up on another job. And the pump (shurflo 100psi 6amp) cut out.

Its done it a few times now, i would have thought the van battery would have enough power to keep it going.

Anyway, bought a secondary battery, but just need to know how to wire it up in conjunction with the main battery,

any help?

cheers
ryan

Spruce

Re: WFP van setup. another problem
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2010, 04:25:02 pm »
Hi
Red positive, black negative with a 10 amp fuse and a switch/controller between the battery and pump on the red side. Fuse as close to battery as possible and switch where convenient. If you have a Varistream digital controller then disconnect the wires to the pressure switch and wire them as per instructions on the 'bottom' of the controller.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2010, 07:16:44 pm »
thanks

but,

how do i wire the two batteries together  ;D

cheers

woody1

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2010, 07:34:48 pm »
you dont

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 07:48:41 pm »
You don't is the simplist way and charge it every second evening.

OR

You can link them together with a split charge Relay which allows your alternator to charge the leisure battery whilst your are driving. This relay separates the batteries and only 'connects' them when your engine is running.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SPLIT-CHARGE-RELAY-12V-30AMP-INTELLI-SELF-SWITCHING-/110566254717?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Campervan_Caravan_Accessories&hash=item19be43287d

Spruce

A@R WINDOWCLEANING

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 09:58:10 am »
i use a split charge relay if you are starting to play around with batteries defo get one  i never charge mine up had for 6 months now as i got a heat wave fitted aswell

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2010, 04:04:02 pm »
i had bought a split charge combination relay, but the instructions say i have to to take one of the wires, to the wire between the alternator-starter motor..

perhaps i have the wrong thing?

With the relay in this post, is it a case of just one wire from the relay to + on main battery. and one wire to + on secondary battery?

cheers

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2010, 04:15:32 pm »
i had bought a split charge combination relay, but the instructions say i have to to take one of the wires, to the wire between the alternator-starter motor..

perhaps i have the wrong thing?

With the relay in this post, is it a case of just one wire from the relay to + on main battery. and one wire to + on secondary battery?

cheers

Hi
The 3 previous relays (on 3 different vans) we got are triggered by the alternator. One of these burnt out about 2 months ago and it was replaced by one of these. Although the wires are still in place from the original relay, it would be much quicker to use the current electronic one.
Spruce