This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Re: 1st visit to accountant - taxman is a PIA
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 11:21:20 pm »
What taxmen do is see if your return "smells" right. If you are a windy turning over 30K, of which 10k goes in costs for buying and running transport, gear and bookkeeping then that will "smell" about right.

If you are turning over 30K and declaring 20K for costs then that will flag up as a funny "smell" and you may well be investigated.

If the geezer from the tax sees the above and notes a big house and a flash motor or two then that will "smell" funny too.

If you haven't won the pools, married money or inherited money then you will have a few sleepless months and a big tax bill!
It's a game of three halves!

Re: 1st visit to accountant - taxman is a PIA
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2010, 11:31:56 pm »
remember the tax man uses computers now,  just scans it in and lets the computer check it and process it,  when the computer flags up your file they will then check it  and if it is wrong they pay you a visit   

the tax man is allright he has to get a court order to take your stuff its customs and excise you have to worry about,  if you ever get a visit of them, then it is time to worry

my aunt got raided by them and becasue she lent me some money i had to prove where it went,  but she is doggy anyway