Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WCE

Re: backpacks... anyone manage to wear it and work well?
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 10:21:36 pm »
I do echo that, 999, but still say listen to experience.  Some goods above, but some desperate grasping at the hopes of unusual commercial jobs or terraced housing, the latter of which are the least best paying anyway.

I'm not going to get into a slagging off of kit and that, and I don't appreciate being called a 'trol' either, so I'll leave it there, and up to the OP to make his own choice.

Cheers ears.

Not really unusual commercial - rather well paying actually  ;)  Agree though prehaps the terraced housing was not the best example. As for the experience bit - you dont realise who you are talking too! I don't mean to sound like I am blowing my own trumpet but I have work for clients that include every major builder, a shopping centre with 125 shops where we do the lot as part of there lease contract, Land rover Jaguar's Gaydon plant, The land rover experience in malvern, Eastnor castle, some NHS contracts, 1200 residential customers, Several retail chains and a load of nursing homes. I think I am more than qualified to know what I am on about and as I said earlier the point was that a trolley or backpack has it's uses as does a van mount.

As for the Trolling bit - Gary 999 has explained but the  ;D was a clue I was only joking with you lighten up - If I really did offend you then I apologise    ;)
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 11:24:18 pm »
ive never tried a backpack or van mount but im happy with my 50L pure freedom trolley for now.i have 30m of extension hose and find i can clean 2-3 houses without moving the trolley.i have a lot of very compact 3 bedders (150 nearly all next door to each other)as well as bigger 4-5 bedders/a few commercial etc.

i use the trolley as a mini van mount for the odd stand alone job.

a backpack seems too small for me with only 15L-18L CAPACITY.i think i would rather drop the job if i cant get at the windows with my trolley and extension hose.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

cleewindows

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 11:29:07 pm »
2 houses without filling backpack m8,and it goes everywhere,no getting your trolley out your van then putting bootles on getting pole etc struggling to drag the trolley and carry pole.
just carry backpack in one hand pole in the other easiest tool around,its great for akward houses any every round is different!
ive never tried a backpack or van mount but im happy with my 50L pure freedom trolley for now.i have 30m of extension hose and find i can clean 2-3 houses without moving the trolley.i have a lot of very compact 3 bedders (150 nearly all next door to each other)as well as bigger 4-5 bedders/a few commercial etc.

i use the trolley as a mini van mount for the odd stand alone job.

a backpack seems too small for me with only 15L-18L CAPACITY.i think i would rather drop the job if i cant get at the windows with my trolley and extension hose.

regards

dazmond

mci services

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 11:41:13 pm »
I have used the back pack on my back martin it is easy enough to reach round and turn it off and its only heavy for the first half of the house anyway. I wouldn't want it on my back all day everyday but for the occasional house no problem. I do know a guy on another forum whos lads use them on their backs all day as they find it the quickest way to work

Ste M

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 11:44:09 pm »
when i first went wfp, i got a backpack, i tried it on my back an bugger me it was awkward, best thing to do is carry it and then put it down to work, honestly it was really hard work on my back and id imagine taking it on and off all the time to re-fill will really annoy you

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010, 07:20:04 am »
my thoughts exactly ste!how do you fill your backpack clee?sub pump from tank in the van?

price higher/work harder!

cleewindows

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2010, 07:43:26 am »
Tip a 25 litre barrel in takes 30 arcs to fill.2 houses a fill
Great for akward houses probably use 2 or 3 a day use my clone trolley rest of time but can't wait to get van system set up so I won't need trolley and picture bottles in my van.

my thoughts exactly ste!how do you fill your backpack clee?sub pump from tank in the van?

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2010, 08:52:34 am »
All sins are forgiven!  :)

John Walker

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2010, 10:04:44 am »
Been using a Shurflo backpack for many years.  Now on a lightweight trolley with short length of hose. Works a treat in awkward situations.  I just wheel it round with me - easy!
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

Mist A Bit

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2010, 11:53:36 am »
95% of the time im van mount but the backpack does have its place for the few hard to access jobs. i wouldn`t put it on my back tho. i carry it but think i might put it on a lightweight trolly. i only use it for a few hours a month

tomy jackson

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2010, 05:34:16 pm »
back pack is good for very fue jobs ,but when i do use its brill ,£99 WCW ,cary it not on your back  ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2010, 05:37:10 pm »
Use it along with a van mount for awkward jobs. And I'd carry it in one hand by it's handle/straps..
It's a game of three halves!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 05:49:34 pm »
I started WFP 9 months ago and went through a very difficult winter firstly by using one of those 60 ltr trolleys you may have seen on Cleaning Spot which doesn't feature a pump. It had a pressurised vessel which supposedly sent water to top of my pole. It didn't work well. So I used my shurflo backpack strapped to the trolley ditching the pressure vessel. The trolley was always gettin stuck down the side of houses, so I started carrying my backpack and refilling from 25 ltr containers. I am now heartily SICK of the sight of the containers and the time and effort it takes to refill the B/P.
I will now be gettin a van and stickin a tank in it and only using the B/P when needed. Don't get me wrong but both the Shurflo and the WCW B/P are good at what they do but I think my life as a 50 odd year old W/C will be a lot easier not luggin Heavy weights around.
As for terraced houses, never done one and never will.
PS they shouldn't be called Backpacks as you would have to be Arnie Swarzenegger to lug one of those around all day.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2010, 06:40:59 pm »
I meant to say lug around on your back!

mikecam

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2010, 07:35:21 pm »
I have van mount and wouldn't be without my backpack. Carry it though as other have said, unless you're built like the hulk !!

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2010, 10:24:55 am »
I have van mount and wouldn't be without my backpack. Carry it though as other have said, unless you're built like the hulk !!

I'm not built like the Hulk, but I dont have a problem wearing the backpack on my back. No trailing hoses or having a trolley to move, I tried using it on a sack truck, but got fed up of dragging the truck round the house ect.

Having said that, I am looking to get a van mount in the next month or so and using the back pack for those jobs that it was really intended for.

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2010, 10:30:44 am »
with more and more customer packing the gardens with crap and making it a nightmare to get to hose around the houses i was thinking of getting a backpack for some houses.
Better solution to drop the crappy work with all the obstacles etc. and concentrate on work that requires van/tank setup.

A back pack and/or barrels is just laughable - jamming all that int he back of the car or van even. And what's worse is that the customer is the one who'll be laughing at you.[/color]

What utter b******s, I've never had a customer look at me using a back pack and laugh  ??? I've had plenty say what a great thing that pole is ect and if I ever encounter one that does snear or sn****r I'll just chuckle to myself that they are the ones paying me to clean there windows and it's really quite easy  ;D 

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2010, 11:16:01 am »
I wear my backpack most of the day on my back, I find it easier to have it on my back. only draw back is the limited amount of water though.
I have a van mount system and a backpack for terraced houses.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

wezzy32

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2010, 04:35:14 pm »
with more and more customer packing the gardens with crap and making it a nightmare to get to hose around the houses i was thinking of getting a backpack for some houses.
Better solution to drop the crappy work with all the obstacles etc. and concentrate on work that requires van/tank setup.

A back pack and/or barrels is just laughable - jamming all that int he back of the car or van even. And what's worse is that the customer is the one who'll be laughing at you.[/color]

What utter b******s, I've never had a customer look at me using a back pack and laugh  ??? I've had plenty say what a great thing that pole is ect and if I ever encounter one that does snear or sblack person I'll just chuckle to myself that they are the ones paying me to clean there windows and it's really quite easy  ;D 

i second that (what utter b******s) when my van mount faild 1 day i was glad i had a back pack so i could still carry on working.
keep on smiling

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2010, 05:05:16 am »
been using a backpack for ages so have tried wearing the bugger but only gives me a bad back so i put it on a trolley from homebase collapseable jobby try that mate and strap your resin vessel at the back of it