This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Martin ccs

backpacks... anyone manage to wear it and work well?
« on: July 29, 2010, 07:29:56 pm »
with more and more customer packing the gardens with crap and making it a nightmare to get to hose around the houses i was thinking of getting a backpack for some houses.

cleewindows

Re: backpacks... anyone manage to wear it and work well?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 07:34:43 pm »
theres no point wearing it m8 just carry it its much easier!
put it where you need it,its lighter than a 25 litre water barrell and much easier to carry!

with more and more customer packing the gardens with crap and making it a nightmare to get to hose around the houses i was thinking of getting a backpack for some houses.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 07:44:37 pm »
Better solution to drop the crappy work with all the obstacles etc. and concentrate on work that requires van/tank setup.

A back pack and/or barrels is just laughable - jamming all that int he back of the car or van even. And what's worse is that the customer is the one who'll be laughing at you.

cleewindows

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 07:46:34 pm »
i think your wrong pal,its called improvising and backpacks look cool m8!
certainly looks better than a bucket and a ladder!Thats laughable!
Better solution to drop the crappy work with all the obstacles etc. and concentrate on work that requires van/tank setup.

A back pack and/or barrels is just laughable - jamming all that int he back of the car or van even. And what's worse is that the customer is the one who'll be laughing at you.

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 07:48:17 pm »
Improvising looks amateurish - because it IS amateurish.

Still, you can lead a horse to water, but that don't mean it'll drink.   ::)

Martin ccs

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 07:54:55 pm »
am talking about my round not some crappy wc round, houses from £20 + so no rubbish work. so def not dump work.

just more n more pots, tables, swings ... in the way.

a hose will get stuck on something - doesnt matter if it comes from the van or trolley! i have a van mount and a trolley.

why is it everyone says get a van mount to nearly ever question? when half the time that isnt even the answer?!

gary999

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 07:56:44 pm »
like others have said mate pick up and put down far easier than having on your
back and far quicker for when you are refilling.

ignore the snobs,people dont generally stop me in the street
because they find it funny they are normally curious to how it
works i pick loads of work up this way.

far more than when i was just trolling hose about,nothing
to see so no interest.

if you have loads of commercial work stick to a van system
but on domestic i find i am far quicker and happier im not
unhooking microbore every few mins from every little obstical
going :)

gary999

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 07:58:20 pm »
am talking about my round not some crappy wc round, houses from £20 + so no rubbish work. so def not dump work.

a hose will get stuck on something - doesnt matter if it comes from the van or trolley! i have a van mount and a trolley.

why is it everyone says get a van mount to nearly ever question? when half the time that isnt even the answer?!

i think they call it tunnel vision  ;D ;D

Martin ccs

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 07:59:33 pm »

to see so no interest.

yes thats what im looking at doing regards the work - can mount for big jobs, trolley for big easy access jobs and a backpack for all the smaller domestic houses

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 08:00:25 pm »

How do you know a van mount isn't the answer? Just because you have a van mount? Not good enough, Martin.

A back pack will still have it's own problems, it's just the truth that a van mount will faaaar and away outperform a silly backpack in the short, mid and long run.

No system is perfect, but why throw money away on a piece of nonscience?  Sorry, nonsense.

WCE

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 08:01:39 pm »

If you do decide to dump - Pass em this way I am local  ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;)

In all honesty I prefer a trolley for the work I have over the Van mount - so much easier and yes there are jobs a backpack is easier to get on with but in the main I found capacity a problem unless it was for certain jobs.

My main point though was ignore SSWC - he was just being a snob and trolling ;D  What he hasn't realised is some of those best paying jobs are suited to Trolleys or backpacks more than a van mount - Oh well his loss ;) 8)
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 08:01:58 pm »

to see so no interest.

yes thats what im looking at doing regards the work - can mount for big jobs, trolley for big easy access jobs and a backpack for all the smaller domestic houses
NO! NO! NO!

What all that clobber?!!!  Stick with the van mount and stop trying to complicate your work life.

Martin ccs

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 08:03:12 pm »

How do you know a van mount isn't the answer? Just because you have a van mount? Not good enough, Martin.

A back pack will still have it's own problems, it's just the truth that a van mount will faaaar and away outperform a silly backpack in the short, mid and long run.

No system is perfect, but why throw money away on a piece of nonscience?  Sorry, nonsense.

backpack = no 30 - 50 m of hose snaking round a garden getting stuck around stuff.

yes a van mount is the best way but sometimes the hose is a pain!

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 08:04:10 pm »

In all honesty I prefer a trolley for the work I have over the Van mount - so much easier and yes there are jobs a backpack is easier to get on with but in the main I found capacity a problem unless it was for certain jobs.

My main point though was ignore SSWC - he was just being a snob and trolling ;D  What he hasn't realised is some of those best paying jobs are suited to Trolleys or backpacks more than a van mount - Oh well his loss ;) 8)
What a foolish post to make.  Trolling? Er, I don't think so, mate. I've tried the old trolley/backpack lark, but when I got my van mount (yes, Reach & Wash) I never looked back.

YOUR LOSS, BUT KEEP IT UP.

Over & Out.

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 08:06:30 pm »
Then learn to adapt. If I know there are obstacles, I gather up in a hoop all my loose hose and carry it to the far side of where I'm going.

When done, disconnect hose from pole hose and walk back, and reel in from van.  Unlikely then to catch on 'owt.

Backpack - unreliable, heavy, limited supply of H2o.

WCE

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 08:13:32 pm »
Quote from: SSWC link=topic=105874.msg900239#msg900239 date=1280430025

[quote

And to answer that - it's called investment - Some work is more suited to both trolley or backpack. The purchase will pay for itself - hardly throwing money away!  

What a foolish post to make.  Trolling? Er, I don't think so, mate. I've tried the old trolley/backpack lark, but when I got my van mount (yes, Reach & Wash) I never looked back.

YOUR LOSS, BUT KEEP IT UP.

Over & Out.

Seems like it to me!!! As I tried explaining different work requires a different approach (ever cleaned a shopping centre roof? Trust me a trolley comes in far more useful than a van mount). Even "reach and wash" sell trolleys - for a reason.

Think about it eg Terraced housing - Van mount is no use if accessed by an alley! A backpack or trolley will be quicker end of. I am not saying they are the be all and end all - far from it and they might not suit your work but that does not mean you should just dismiss them as you have (and made yourself sound a little stupid with the brand name dropping - sounding like a sucker for their advertising quotes. ;D ;D ;D )   I don't wish to argue but don't just assume a van mount is the answer to everything because in reality it is not  ;)
WCE- For Windows that shine everytime!

gary999

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 08:16:16 pm »
Then learn to adapt. If I know there are obstacles, I gather up in a hoop all my loose hose and carry it to the far side of where I'm going.

When done, disconnect hose from pole hose and walk back, and reel in from van.  Unlikely then to catch on 'owt.

Backpack - unreliable, heavy, limited supply of H2o.

lots of tools out there for our job one doesnt necessary suit every
job and if the guy wants to cover all bases fairplay.

but you keep your blinkers on and keep down that road of
tunnel vision ;)

roger! roger! over and out!! ;D ;D ;D

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 09:26:50 pm »
I do echo that, 999, but still say listen to experience.  Some goods above, but some desperate grasping at the hopes of unusual commercial jobs or terraced housing, the latter of which are the least best paying anyway.

I'm not going to get into a slagging off of kit and that, and I don't appreciate being called a 'trol' either, so I'll leave it there, and up to the OP to make his own choice.

Cheers ears.

gary999

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 09:37:33 pm »
I do echo that, 999, but still say listen to experience.  Some goods above, but some desperate grasping at the hopes of unusual commercial jobs or terraced housing, the latter of which are the least best paying anyway.

I'm not going to get into a slagging off of kit and that, and I don't appreciate being called a 'trol' either, so I'll leave it there, and up to the OP to make his own choice.

Cheers ears.

ive read all the post above mate nobody has called you a trol ???

if you are referring to trolling mate its just an expression for
pulling something behind you normally i would be trolling when
im fishing on a moving boat with the line and bait following behind.
the expression just seemed to fit.

no offence was meant and i hope i have left you a little more
well informed  ;) ;D

ccmids

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 09:58:47 pm »
ive got van mount but think a back pack could be good idea , some times my hos gets cought on every thing were as a backpack would be easyer.
only the pole hose with a backpack isnt it?