Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mlscontractcleaner

my mate's family were threatened!!!
« on: July 29, 2010, 08:54:03 am »
This is really aimed at the Plymouth lads to be honest.

A mate of mine has returned to window cleaning after a few years doing other things and put out fliers in the Pottery Quay area of Plymouth; the houses and flats where the ferry runs from. He managed to secure around 15 new customers and was, rightly so, quite pleased with himself ........ until the calls started!!

VERY threateneing calls, day and night, one even saying that they can see his wife and son walking in the street and if he doesn't hand over the numbers he secured they'd run them over >:(

Now, nobody likes to loose work but threateneing the guy's family is a bit OTT I reckon. So, who cleans down there??

I saw the pics SAJ put up of them doing the stairways down there but I can't believe it's another forum member so lads, if you've seen who cleans the domestic customers down there let me know please as this has to stop now :(

Many thanks.
Come and talk dirty to us!!!

Moderator David@stives

Re: my mate's family were threatened!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 09:00:55 am »
I wouldnt put SAJ's name in the same post, I can vouch for him, he is as straight as they come.

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 09:26:52 am »
I know it wasn't him; I was just hoping that he might know who works down there too as he cleans the communal windows on the flats. To be honest I'd be amazed if it were anyone from this forum; idiots like that can't read can they ???

EZclean

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 09:37:08 am »
straight to the police, just so they are aware. threatening and abusive behaviour.
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

Darranvps

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 12:08:08 pm »
It sounds really bad, especially in this day and age.
For me business is business, if somebody gets somebody else's customer, whether it be domestic or commercial it is the first window cleaners fault for not giving a good enough service at a price the customer is happy with, if they were happy they wouldn't change.

Tom White

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 03:49:23 pm »
Yes, that's bang out of order; a call to the police should be in order.  Also, can your mate chat to the customers he's got there; he could explain the situation to them and ask who their previous window cleaner was and if they've got any information regarding him.

s.w.c

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 08:08:29 pm »
that's crossing the line, bang out of order, not to be tolerated, i really hope you know someone who can help you,an swiftly deal with them, an loose them out at see, these type of people get me going, family is going to far they most know not many men will put up with that police are not worth it as they could dish out enough justice for these people , it has to be kept in house, its personal.

i really hope this is sorted quickly either way you choose.

Squeegee Clean blackpool

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 08:18:32 pm »
If somebody threatened my family i would turn into Paddy Maguire

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 08:30:51 pm »
As said before, report it to the cops immediately & start recording the calls. Then pretend to give in to their pressure & turn over a list of your mates houses as the "new customers" you have gained. When they turn up to clean, your mates put in a call & the cops can be there in minutes to pick them up.
At this point you will know exactly who they are & can find out where they live,.. if the cops intervention isn't enough to stop them, I'm sure there are alternative methods of persuasion....

alanwilson

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 08:34:14 pm »
thats really crossing the line right there.  I would be straight on to the rozzers and if no help from them then I would definitely take things into my own hands - every man has an obligation to provide for his family and protect them when needs be.

I'd hunt him down
I've never been to bed with an ugly bird but I've woken up with loads!

S.A.J

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 07:22:33 am »
Its Defo not me! I don’t clean flats down there anymore, they were too much hassle!

MLS I'm down there in a couple of weeks doing the stairwell glass, I will keep an eye out for any window cleaners down there and record there company name and reg of there vehicle and pass it on to you if you want??

Been working down there for 2 years now and never seen another windy down there.

Stuart

mlscontractcleaner

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 09:07:49 am »
Cheers Stuart; I know it wasn't you, honest ;)

If you do see anyone I'd appreciate their details; cheers mate :)

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 09:58:43 am »
I agree go to the police and inform the phone company, all the different phone companies work together to track down who called but, doesn’t even matter if the phone is pay as you go they do need to work with the police though. Don’t think you need Sherlock Holmes to figure out who are the prime suspects, but you do need evidence.

Tell your friend to start recording telephone calls, based on there behaviour so far and what they have said on the phone they can be sentenced for that alone. 

They will only receive a community order, nothing more than that.
even if they smashed his windows of his house they will only get "light punishment" The Police will only see this as "anti social behaviour"
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

andyM

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 03:20:40 pm »
Yeah thats well out of order and you have to report it to the old bill because the threat was directed at your family.
Although in my opinion c**** like that haven't got the testicles to carry it out and thats why they hide behind a mobile phone.
One of the Plebs

SteveAllan

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 04:00:25 pm »
Yeah thats well out of order and you have to report it to the old bill because the threat was directed at your family.
Although in my opinion c**** like that haven't got the testicles to carry it out and thats why they hide behind a mobile phone.

Thats well out of order but agree with AJM, threats behind a mobile are always empty. If he phones again give as good as you get and let him know you wont be bullied. Happened to me when i started windys, i threatened him back giving it a bit of the old liam neeson from taken saying that i had an other set of skills as well as wc and would only be to happy to meet with him to show him first hand, like i say empty threats, never heard from the tw*t again. Dont let him stop you in your quest to build your business.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2010, 05:03:26 pm »

Thats well out of order but agree with AJM, threats behind a mobile are always empty. If he phones again give as good as you get and let him know you wont be bullied. Happened to me when i started windys, i threatened him back giving it a bit of the old liam neeson from taken saying that i had an other set of skills as well as wc and would only be to happy to meet with him to show him first hand, like i say empty threats, never heard from the tw*t again. Dont let him stop you in your quest to build your business.

Too right - I've got another set of skills I can unleash at a milliseconds notice. The dreaded origami in which I have a 3rd Dan blackbelt.
It's a game of three halves!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2010, 06:24:53 pm »
As said before, report it to the cops immediately & start recording the calls. Then pretend to give in to their pressure & turn over a list of your mates houses as the "new customers" you have gained. When they turn up to clean, your mates put in a call & the cops can be there in minutes to pick them up.
At this point you will know exactly who they are & can find out where they live,.. if the cops intervention isn't enough to stop them, I'm sure there are alternative methods of persuasion....

As a note of caution there is a possibility the guy will suss this out and send a third party.  So hold fire until the facts are clear.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2010, 06:26:44 pm »

Too right - I've got another set of skills I can unleash at a milliseconds notice. The dreaded origami in which I have a 3rd Dan blackbelt.

Is it sliced origami or shredded?

GB Window Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2010, 09:36:58 pm »
www.gracieuniversity.com... go here to learn self defense!

Ste M

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2010, 09:54:29 pm »
wahay its been a while gb  ;D