This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Martin ccs

wanna get a backpack but..
« on: July 28, 2010, 04:00:13 pm »
been put off by all  the bad posts on how theres keeps packing up ...

just dont wanna be half way round a days work and when i call upon the backpack it just plays up and in turn costs me time n more money

p1w1

Re: wanna get a backpack but..
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 04:14:41 pm »

just dont wanna be half way round a days work and when i call upon the backpack it just plays up and in turn costs me time n more money

i use one from williamsons pumps got it second hand dont use it that often but never had a problem with it and the person who had it before me used it every day for about 6 months.

paul

gary999

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 07:43:15 pm »
had shurflo pack for two years pcb broke after 6months
so made my own flow controller my pump died a couple of months
ago so i bought a 80psi pump from john hewitt £40 something quid
and i bought a couple of extra batterys at £15 a pop.

i use mine everyday for hours on end

keep some spares and you will have no probs,biggest prob
personally i thnk you can get is if you split the pack itself patching
them can be a real pain in arse.

if i was you i would get the cheapest possible as they are all
a bit of a muchness and they are all made in china, probably all
coming from the same factory ;D

if you do buy one got to john hewitt you will get a packs
similar to shurflo and others but at a more resonable cost

tacky

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 07:48:06 pm »
window cleaning warehouse .backpack bout £120 .bit cheaper less parts to go wrong .but these plenty to choose from

cleewindows

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 07:51:56 pm »
i have a 20 litre one ive been using from john hewitt cost £105 and also came with a foldaway trolley,its excellent,only single speed but perfect for houses,easy do 1 house maybe 2 with one fill.
i strongly recommend it,great with my clx with trigger dont use hardly any water.
its the ws18t
superb it is!
much better than dragging the xline trolley about.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 09:12:58 pm »
ive had my shurflo about 2 years now,sometimes use every day for 6/8 hrs never had a problem yet. :P

Tom White

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 04:21:07 pm »
ive had my shurflo about 2 years now,sometimes use every day for 6/8 hrs never had a problem yet. :P

I've had mine coming upto four years; never had a problem with it and it gets a daily beasting.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 05:08:35 pm »

I've had mine coming upto four years; never had a problem with it and it gets a daily beasting.
so that sthe wife tosh,how the backpac doing

Tom White

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2010, 05:11:29 pm »

so that sthe wife tosh,how the backpac doing

The back pack isn't as robust as Wor Lass, I'm afraid!  ;D

craig mcneil

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 08:12:58 pm »
I use a ESR18 backpack from John Hewitt. It's an excellent backpack that I use day in, day out with no problems at all. I get the impression that the folks that have problems with their backpacks are a tad rough with them and leave the pumps running almost nonstop. If this is the way you work then a backpack isn't a good idea. However, I turn the backpack off whenever I'm moving some distance (like from the front of a house to the rear) and have no problems this way. I expect the pump to last a good year which would equate to around 1000hours of use (I'm a part time :-) ) so will be happy with that.