This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Martin ccs

so anyone bought a aqua dapter??
« on: July 28, 2010, 03:56:39 pm »
having seen the vids on you tube and seeing the rough price of £60 odd for one, i wondered if anyone has bought one yet??

not interested in if anyone thinks its a waste of money .... just wanna see how if its any good....

jouk45

Re: so anyone bought a aqua dapter??
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 04:03:29 pm »
i have one coming this week, cant wait to try it out

Martin ccs

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 04:06:54 pm »
can you let us know how you get on please?

best place to buy?

im finding a control valve on my pole is ok but if turned off for over a minute it blows off the hose reel from my xline trolley due to pressure .... any ideas on that one?

jouk45

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 08:07:30 pm »

best place to buy?

im finding a control valve on my pole is ok but if turned off for over a minute it blows off the hose reel from my xline trolley due to pressure .... any ideas on that one?
i will keep you notified martin, am sure it will be a good device. martin, i use heavy duty plastic ties to hold the tubing on, pull real tight, and to make sure it is tight as can be, use pliers for that extra notch

cleewindows

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 08:23:03 pm »
martin its your hozelock fittings,try different ones and it will be ok,i had the same problem but sorted now.
i recommend you have a trigger m8,them valves just leak everywhere,i had them on all my poles but took them off and thrown them away.

best place to buy?

mistersqueegee

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 02:53:23 am »
I'll have one this weekend.

Jack Wallace

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 07:30:29 am »
Although I realize it costs a lot of money to develop and produce these new products I can’t help thinking more would be sold if the price was lowered.

Especially as it aimed at a group of people, who are notoriously tight fisted and always skint, (so they say)  ;D

Surly if the price was nearly halved twice as many would be sold therefore the same amount of profit, plus the knock on from word of mouth would encourage even more sales.

Just my view. But what do I know, after all I am poor and clean window for a living  :)

John drake

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 11:52:28 pm »
Very good points but you get a lot of over price conscious people on CIU, looking at it from the manufacturers side they probably don’t know how many they will sell or the size of the market for there new product, they also have to price for distributors who would expect a big percentage discount of the retail price for larger quantities. Importantly they have to make worthwhile money themselves other wise there’s little point in providing the product, remember window cleaners can earn decent money.

The issue with the end user (customer) is always going to be the price of the product, until you start to consider the value of a product more and not just the price you will always find it hard to part with your money for any product. A lot of DIY enthusiast never understand this difference. The aqua-dapter probably is for a lot of window cleaners the equivalent of 2 hours earnings, after you work the actual figure out for your business you can start to weigh up the value and its benefits to your business and base your buying decision on that rather than price alone.

Having said all that you do have to be careful of manufacturer/suppliers taking advantage of the consumer with a cheap product sold at an expensive price, I can name a particular product that’s always being purchase and posted about on CIU, I’m sure I am not the only one who knows what that product is. 

Still got that chip on your shoulder about Alex then eh ::)
Where has my post gone ?
drake_john@rocketmail.com

Xline Systems

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2010, 03:12:13 pm »
people dont understand that there are a lot of costs in putting a product to market and would think it will take a good bit of time to see profit back from the aqua-dapter. alot longer than people think. although i think it is a great product, and think it will do very well all over the world. brill product and it will make big money, but over time. and a good price!

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2010, 03:43:54 pm »
Its a brilliant invention. Some thing really worth while. Who is selling it.

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2010, 03:48:27 pm »
Very good points but you get a lot of over price conscious people on CIU, looking at it from the manufacturers side they probably don’t know how many they will sell or the size of the market for there new product, they also have to price for distributors who would expect a big percentage discount of the retail price for larger quantities. Importantly they have to make worthwhile money themselves other wise there’s little point in providing the product, remember window cleaners can earn decent money.

The issue with the end user (customer) is always going to be the price of the product, until you start to consider the value of a product more and not just the price you will always find it hard to part with your money for any product. A lot of DIY enthusiast never understand this difference. The aqua-dapter probably is for a lot of window cleaners the equivalent of 2 hours earnings, after you work the actual figure out for your business you can start to weigh up the value and its benefits to your business and base your buying decision on that rather than price alone.

Having said all that you do have to be careful of manufacturer/suppliers taking advantage of the consumer with a cheap product sold at an expensive price, I can name a particular product that’s always being purchase and posted about on CIU, I’m sure I am not the only one who knows what that product is. 

Well said.

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 03:49:48 pm »
people dont understand that there are a lot of costs in putting a product to market and would think it will take a good bit of time to see profit back from the aqua-dapter. alot longer than people think. although i think it is a great product, and think it will do very well all over the world. brill product and it will make big money, but over time. and a good price!

Also well said.!

formb

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 04:21:08 pm »
I've got one coming.

It's purpose is to save water.

If it does save water then it will save money.

If it saves me money it'll be worth getting more.

Simples.

windowswashed

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 10:30:38 pm »
Definitely uses more water than a tap fitted on pole ;D

jouk45

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 11:59:50 pm »
i think the aqua daptor will be a good flow controler, the issue seems to be with cutting the pole with most,  i wont be cutting my pole, i have the answer to the problem already, and it is very simple, i will reveal it when it arrives   ;D

gewindows

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 12:05:41 am »
I can name a particular product that’s always being purchase and posted about on CIU, I’m sure I am not the only one who knows what that product is. 

Alcohol?

wightsurf

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 02:56:38 pm »
water  ;D

mistersqueegee

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2010, 05:34:48 am »
I have mine now and have to say it's a must have product!

jouk45

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2010, 04:18:35 pm »
mines arrived this afternoon, i dont know what all the  commotion?" is about, its a brilliant piece of kit, it is very light, although at first i thought it looked heavy with the metal look, takes a few mins to get use to the pulling the hose, once you know it aint going to pop of, you pull with confidence  ;D  its a winner

gary999

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 06:15:21 pm »
mines arrived this afternoon, i dont know what all the  commotion?" is about, its a brilliant piece of kit, it is very light, although at first i thought it looked heavy with the metal look, takes a few mins to get use to the pulling the hose, once you know it aint going to pop of, you pull with confidence  ;D  its a winner

wfps number one innovator recomends the product ,that will do for me ;D
shall order one tomorrow :)