This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Cleaned the wrong house front today!
« on: July 27, 2010, 10:39:28 pm »
So I did number 9 instead of the right one! Woman phoned up and said I never booked you.

Well I was well down a pint of scrumpy and scoffing my tea watching Judge Judy on ITV2 and so I said "Don't worry love! Have it on me!"

Trouble is I can't remember which one I'm supposed to have done. They all look the same to me on that estate.
It's a game of three halves!

Re: Cleaned the wrong house front today!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 11:02:06 pm »
i have done the back of houses by mistake,  it annoys me when they dont have numbers on the back

mci services

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 11:08:47 pm »
do it all the time ;D once done a flat for three months and got paid until the guy paying complained and when he showed me the windows it turned out I was doing the wrong flat ::) so I had to do his for free for three months

birdymiller

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 11:10:18 pm »
cowboys! trad cleaners wouldnt coXk up like that ;)

mci services

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 11:11:47 pm »
I was trad at the time :-*

birdymiller

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 11:15:25 pm »
That was for gold  ;)

wpclean

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 11:28:23 pm »
I did a job ( quoted for a first clean windows and front and back gutter clean over the phone )
Windows were a nightmare and got stung from wasps nest in gutters !    left envelope for payment only to be rung up and thanked for all the work I had done the wrong house !

M Henderson

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 11:29:16 pm »
I once accidentally canvassed one of my own customers.  :P

Worst thing about it was that I almost got the job!!  ;D

One evening I was canvassing all the ones I don't do in the street and must have got distracted, jotting down stuff in my notebook as I walked up the drive of this house.

Lady answers the door (never recognised her because I she was never in when I cleaned them and always sent a cheque) and I gave her the usual canvassing speel, when she replies, "well I do have a window cleaner but he's too expensive,"  ;D
"£12 he charged me  just for the fronts!"

"Oooh that does sound a bit steep" I said stepping back to take a look at the fronts......"ah, oh....er hang on a minute"

(To be fair, I charged £6 for the fonts actually and had put a bill through for £12 because they had had work done and the windows were covered in cement, every one needing to be scraped. Since they were never in I just did the work and thought they would have understood why the price was higher that time).

mci services

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 11:33:17 pm »
 ;D how did you get round that one mark did you say no I only would take 7 quid

M Henderson

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 11:37:08 pm »
I stood there fidgeting for a bit double checking it was the right house and then admitted that I was in fact in her window cleaner.. :-[

The look on her face after she'd been slating me, I don't know who was more embarrased!

Looking back I should have just slided away and told her what a fine job he does of them though.  ;D

Richard Neal

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 11:43:38 pm »
I stood there fidgeting for a bit double checking it was the right house and then admitted that I was in fact in her window cleaner.. :-[

The look on her face after she'd been slating me, I don't know who was more embarrased!

Looking back I should have just slided away and told her what a fine job he does of them though.  ;D

Funny ;D ;D :D ;D
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

mci services

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 11:50:32 pm »
I remember being weeks behind on my work and I was plodding through the back load when being approached by a customer and getting asked for a quote as the last w/c had not been round for ages ;D I stood back looked at the house and said £8 the price was £7 and he said thats fine as long as you come regular, I still do that job and on time every time ::)

Tom White

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2010, 12:02:42 am »

Yes, very funny.

A couple of months ago I canvassed a street where I knew a window cleaner had retired from and one of the houses I knocked at, I recognised the lady.  When I first started window cleaning she and the house were a customer of mine, but I'd badly underpriced the house and later 'dropped' the account without saying anything.

When I realised, I explained why I stopped coming and apologised for just 'dropping her'. 

She took great pleasure in telling me she just wanted a 'reliable window cleaner' and then closed the door on me!  :-[

bobby p

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 07:15:18 am »

Well I was well down a pint of scrumpy and scoffing my tea watching Judge Judy on ITV2

i read on the net that JUDGE JUDY  is not a real court ,nobody pays a cent in their judgements. NONTHELESS  i drive my family mad watching it

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2010, 07:47:37 am »
never cleaned the wrong house but back in the early 80s we went on the wrong house to do a strip and retile had most of the slate off before we found out that we should have been next door .
where theres muck theres money

cat9921

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 08:34:40 am »
cowboys! trad cleaners wouldnt coXk up like that ;)

HOW DARE YOU CALL YOUR SUPERIORS COWBOYS  ;D thats blasphemy
You did sell all your wfp gear and the shock of it has scrambled up your mind, But because you are a nice guy birdmiller we forgive you

Adders  ;D

Roy Harding

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 08:38:49 am »
Last Friday I saw a window cleaner from Hereford I know, on this back road right out in the sticks. He flagged me down and the first words he said was I have just spent 1 hour doing a leaded house and I was on the last wind a man sticks his head out and says what you doing.

Apparently he priced a house some where out there a few months back and cant remember were.

Roy

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 08:39:38 am »
Think we have all done the wrong house at some point. I have a couple of times.

For those who haven't... Your turn will come ;D
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Jackal

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2010, 05:32:20 pm »
iv done it twice but not really my fault, as when i took over my round i cleaned two houses that were on the books but had cancelled a couple of months before, the bloke told me but i was to busy trying remember the round that i forgot so dont think i qualify as being a muppet, yet anyway :P

martinsadie

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2010, 06:51:03 pm »
So I did number 9 instead of the right one! Woman phoned up and said I never booked you.

Well I was well down a pint of scrumpy and scoffing my tea watching Judge Judy on ITV2 and so I said "Don't worry love! Have it on me!"

Trouble is I can't remember which one I'm supposed to have done. They all look the same to me on that estate.
PMSL Peter Perfect makes a mistake  ;D ;D