This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DanC

Re: Mile radius
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2010, 10:34:54 pm »
You're busy then mate.  I've just had a look on your website (just being nosy)and notice you have/had the likes of Sainsbury etc, how do you go about getting the work??

Rob_Mac

« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 10:39:48 pm »
I'm a thoroughly nice chap!!! ;D

I got a phone call about four years ago and it has progressed from there.

I offer a multiple angle service and I make myself available, no matter what I have on.

The Tadley work came in this afternoon, the other place I am required is Chester but I am sending another van up there on Monday.

Rob ;D

DanC

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 10:43:45 pm »
Ah right so that's your secret.  I'm a fairly nice chap myself ha, i guess I just need to wait for that phone call.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 10:52:02 pm »
They wont ring you I smother the works I am on. I didn't really want to go to Tadley tomorrow but if I don't go it will allow someone else to get a foot in the door- that is the only reason I am going, the money is ok as well.

Make your business stand out, look for opportunities, never turn work down - opportunities will come along, as long as you are ready for them you will move forward - if that is what you want!!!

Big commercial works are excellent and there is an incredible amount of value in saying that you do works for the big names but there is also much sacrifice, I have been away from home for much of the last four years and I spend a lot of time on my own for weeks at a time. You can't really talk to anyone when you are pressure washing a Sainsbury's roof from a chery picker and you are up there for four weeks.

The upside of all that is that I am getting to the point where I will be rejigging it and stepping back from front line day in day out works to manage it more and find other clients.

Rob ;D

glen parva

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 10:53:24 pm »
Can you do a bungalow in Bournemouth Friday?

It's £8, but very nice lady.

can do ha ha  ;D ;D ;D

DanC

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 11:01:04 pm »
Yeah I'm desperate to move forward Rob. I've been doing it part time for over a year now and I do enjoy it, I love being outdoors and I like being my own boss and the customers I have are canny.

Rob_Mac

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 11:11:25 pm »
Have you got a uniform, van - signwritten, is your business as professional as it can be, Does it stand out from the other window cleaners in your area.

You cannot force the situation (I tried to do this for the first three years and just got frustrated with the lack of development).

If you keep offering a high quality service that people will recognise when they see your van, you and your uniform, get leaflets out there, the law of averages is that you have to gain customers and therefore develop a larger client base.

I personally would not go down the commercial route again. Time with the people you love is irreplaceable and a large residential round will give you all of the money you will ever need, financial freedom and a great deal of personal satisfaction and you will be at home every night.

I am building a residential round again - up to 60 plus customers, not putting anything into it but every month I go out I am getting more and more cleans.

Good luck - whatever you achieve never take it for granted or take your finger off the pulse!!!

Rob ;D

richywilts

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2010, 01:55:41 am »
In the last two weeks I have been to;

Colne - Lancashire

York

Balham - London

Basingstoke

Somwhere else I can't remember

Tomorrow I will drive to Tadley down near basingstoke, I will drive back on Friday morning and on Sunday will drive back to Balham for the week, back over to Basingstoke for a week and then over to Biggleswade ( near to Ian @ Window Washers) where I am hoping he will get a pint in!!!

Between all this on the 11th i've got to be in court in Birkenhead because someone has not paid an invoice and i am in court to get it off them!!!

Rob ;D

Rob

haha rob im in court in newcastle near u on the 12th funny that ur in court on 11th by me shame mines for no bloody insurance and not unpaid invoice
Richard Wiltshire
Window Clean Direct

richardwiltshire36@yahoo.co.uk
www.windowcleandirect.co.uk

Rob_Mac

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2010, 08:06:34 am »
You're a very naughty boy!!!!

Rob ;D

Dean Taberner

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2010, 07:38:19 pm »
Hi guys,

Between the 2 vehicles that we use we have driven over 1200 miles this week and as from tomorrow it should be up to 1500.

This is a weekly pattern for us and its sometimes more.

The good thing is though we are absolutely snowed under beyond belief thanks to the wide area that we cover.

Dean
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 08:11:49 pm »
Hi guys,

Between the 2 vehicles that we use we have driven over 1200 miles this week and as from tomorrow it should be up to 1500.

This is a weekly pattern for us and its sometimes more.

The good thing is though we are absolutely snowed under beyond belief thanks to the wide area that we cover.

Dean
nice dee give me some lol ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

DanC

Mile radius
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 08:35:43 pm »
Rob, I missed your last response last night mate, some sound advice and I will be taking it on board for sure.

Thanks for all the other comments/advice, it all helps. 

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2010, 08:40:44 pm »
You're a very naughty boy!!!!

Rob ;D
rob wots the chester job ?????? cheers gav orginally fr bucknall lol

sunshine windows

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2010, 10:04:56 pm »
Live in Swindon and furthest commercial is Bristol ( about 40 miles ).

Furthest domestic work is a full day in Faringdon ( about 11 miles )

If it's worth the money then do it!
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2010, 10:06:46 pm »
In the last two weeks I have been to;

Colne - Lancashire

York

Balham - London

Basingstoke

Somwhere else I can't remember

Tomorrow I will drive to Tadley down near basingstoke, I will drive back on Friday morning and on Sunday will drive back to Balham for the week, back over to Basingstoke for a week and then over to Biggleswade ( near to Ian @ Window Washers) where I am hoping he will get a pint in!!!

Between all this on the 11th i've got to be in court in Birkenhead because someone has not paid an invoice and i am in court to get it off them!!!

Rob ;D

Rob

haha rob im in court in newcastle near u on the 12th funny that ur in court on 11th by me shame mines for no bloody insurance and not unpaid invoice
richy m8 newcastle under lyme court dats bad  :( :( :(

Rob_Mac

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2010, 04:12:28 pm »
Gav

Sorry for the late reply - just got back from Tadley!! I think the Chester job is a Morrisons hand over!

Rob ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2010, 04:33:18 pm »
Gav

Sorry for the late reply - just got back from Tadley!! I think the Chester job is a Morrisons hand over!

Rob ;D
power washing job is that rob ;)

Rob_Mac

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2010, 04:37:09 pm »
Yes

I'm not going I've got my other van going up there. Usually what happens is they expect the whole car park pressure washed or the whole store and they say something like you've got till tomorrow morning!!!!

Happy days - they aren't all like that!!

Rob ;D

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 04:38:24 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D