Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Sseddon

Pricing
« on: July 27, 2010, 04:40:35 pm »
Was asked to quote for a large '50s 4 bed semi with a very large conservatory. I'm new & need experience, so priced it at what I thought was low. It had 2 large bays and a 28 large glass panels in the conny, but I quoted £50 for the lot. He nearly fell over. His last window cleaner did the lot for £35 as and when he called him. However, he no longer comes around. (Wonder why?)

I'm in Berkshire & I didn't think it was expensive. Can I ask what others would have quoted on my description?

Lee Pryor

Re: Pricing
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 04:42:26 pm »
£50.00 sounds good to me, I never bend on price, either he wants it or not. If you dont get you are no worse off than now.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

steven ainger

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 04:47:43 pm »
 if you get all the jobs you quote, your too cheap.
 if you dont get many of the jobs you quote , your too dear.
 if you get about 80%-90%, your about right. imo

lee09

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 05:06:29 pm »
if you get all the jobs you quote, your too cheap.
 if you dont get many of the jobs you quote , your too dear.
 if you get about 80%-90%, your about right. imo

I work on trying trying to win 2 out of every 3 jobs.
80 to 90% I think is  too high.
Lee

Sseddon

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 05:16:01 pm »
Was asked to quote for a large '50s 4 bed semi with a very large conservatory. I'm new & need experience, so priced it at what I thought was low. It had 2 large bays and a 28 large glass panels in the conny, but I quoted £50 for the lot. He nearly fell over. His last window cleaner did the lot for £35 as and when he called him. However, he no longer comes around. (Wonder why?)

I'm in Berkshire & I didn't think it was expensive. Can I ask what others would have quoted on my description?

How much time do you think would it take to clean?

I reckon the whole job on 1st clean, around 2 hours (for me).

mci services

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 05:22:43 pm »
put up a google street view, then the lads can be more accurate.

Sseddon

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 05:59:23 pm »
Steve you have to price on the going rate and not how slow or quick you work.

Which method, WFP or Trad

How long would it take on a regular maintenance clean

WFP, but there wouldn't be maintenance cleans. He said the way he worked with the last guy (that stopped doing them) was that he'd phone when he wanted them clean - when they were dirty. He wanted the roof doing as well. He'd want the conservatory doing each time. If he was to be a regular I'd have priced a bit lower.

geefree

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 06:01:02 pm »
How long did you reckon it would take you to clean it ?

geefree

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 06:02:01 pm »
Well the roof alone would be 80 ish  ???

mci services

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 06:02:33 pm »
having read your last reply steve £50 sounds like a bargain for a con roof and all the windows only when it suited him

Sseddon

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 06:08:23 pm »
having read your last reply steve £50 sounds like a bargain for a con roof and all the windows only when it suited him

That's what I thought. The point being that I'm keen to get work & I priced it accordingly. That said, it wasn't dirty. There was no algae or anything, so I knew it wouldn't be a bugger of a job, so £50 seemed about fair.

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 07:32:27 pm »
I think your price is spot on. Take the business and run. You need income, get the pricing right later.