Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LWC

Had the "window cleaning stare" today...
« on: July 27, 2010, 04:26:27 pm »
...from a newbie trad cleaner. Ive been round here for 10 years, what a nerve! Lol, he has much to learn  ;D

Re: Had the "window cleaning stare" today...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 04:36:39 pm »
u was probably on is patch,  he probably bought it off a bloke in the pub, so he didnt have scavenge for work

Steve CM

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 04:37:12 pm »
i was getting similar last week. i just go out my way to say hi. sends em off guard

mci services

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 04:45:47 pm »
I wave at them, been doing it that long even the angry looking ones have started waving back. To be fair when you are new you tend to stare and hoping you have made the right move and hoping all these established w/c are not going to kick off. When most guys start their rounds they had never seen another window cleaner but when you start you see them everywhere

LWC

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 05:12:56 pm »
I always smile, im good friends with all the cleaners round here, tis funny when new ones start though, especially all the cow boy trad cleaners because working off ladders and mop and bucket is not only illegal but also is a scientifc fact so i read the other day that it makes them a cow boy.

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 05:14:33 pm »
I always smile, im good friends with all the cleaners round here, tis funny when new ones start though, especially all the cow boy trad cleaners because working off ladders and mop and bucket is not only illegal but also is a scientifc fact so i read the other day that it makes them a cow boy.

look it up on wikipedia  says wfp is superior to trad,  and it must be true if its on wikipedia lol

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 05:22:40 pm »
Had sort of same thing today myself except Im the newbie and Im on his patch ..... picked one up cos he sacked his last cleaner said he was crap so there I am doing this house today and a pair pf cleaners are doing every other house on the street apart from this one see the name on their polo shirts and realise its the ones my customer had sacked ... when they got next door to this one i was doing a conny clean on I said "allright boys" they just blanked me ... no need to be off I thought but maybe they were sulking was  sort of expecting  a bit of a mouthful but the pair of them said nowt  ;)

boldy1304

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 05:34:38 pm »
same here ive been doing this one round for about a year now never seen another wc until last time he was setting up his ladders in a fast flowing stream in wellies at the house next door i said hello bud he just looked at me missrable git

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 06:49:10 pm »
I just say "Oh thank Heaven! some help at last! You don't know what its like trying to do all these windows on my own"

And they form the opinion that I am a complete plonker  and stay well away in case its catching.

s.w.c

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 07:54:55 pm »
mooney's go down well :P

Newannaive

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 08:06:50 pm »
there all ass@@@@s

Klean07

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 09:44:13 pm »
I've got Established in 1987 in big letters on back of my van which is true. But stops the newbies giving me the stare etc.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Richard Neal

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 11:13:18 pm »
I had a girl work with me for a couple of years doing the windows and she used to call them paddingtons after paddington bear ( if youre to young to know who i mean hes a fluffy bear who used to stare people out) , always makes me laugh now when another newbies giving me the eevalls
Im not scared of heights, just falling from them.
mrwindowclean@hotmail.co.uk

LWC

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2010, 07:26:29 am »
Have to give them "the rocks"