Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SPE

is there any phone i can use george on ?
« on: July 27, 2010, 09:57:48 am »
I know nothing about this, so any advice welcome, I'm due an upgrade and so thinking this maybe useful but dont know if its possible ? i phone , blackberry etc. ?
else I may look at a cheap notebook/ netbook ?  ::) :-\ not vey savvy when it comes to the latest tech  :D
thanks
Simon

Smudgeoff Cleaning Services

Re: is there any phone i can use george on ?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:05:07 am »
No sorry  : :(
" To Get It All Off Call Smudgeoff"

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 10:11:20 am »
why on earth do you want your round on your phone?

i keep my phone for talking/texts and i print debt lists/invoices etc in the evening ready for the next day.

any work done gets updated at the end of the working day.simple.

time in the day is spent cleaning!! ;) :) :)

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

SPE

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 10:36:00 am »

i keep my phone for talking/texts and i print debt lists/invoices etc in the evening ready for the next day.

time in the day is spent cleaning!! ;) :) :)

regards

dazmond
erm the simple reason being I'm very disorganised, I tend to switch off from work the second I get in,
always looking for numbers, contact details etc. that I've scrawled down whilst picking up new work in the day, far better for me if I can access george whilst in my van before I get home and it gets forgotten about. Only asked if there was a suitable phone as I'm due a new one on my contact.
I'll try and pick up a cheap second hand mini laptop or whatever that I can use solely for this reason.

hope that answers your question  :D
but thanks anyway
Simon

kate1

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 10:39:59 am »
No need Simon to pick up a laptop

Our system works on any mobile device, that has access to the internet, browser and is touchscreen

Your data is never stored on your phone, its stored on servers, you just access it through the phone.

Hope that helps

Kind regards

cleewindows

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 11:03:20 am »
how much m8?
No need Simon to pick up a laptop

Our system works on any mobile device, that has access to the internet, browser and is touchscreen

Your data is never stored on your phone, its stored on servers, you just access it through the phone.

Hope that helps

Kind regards

kate1

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 11:30:46 am »
Hi there

You have to look at it as a utility (like your broadband provider), it is a subscription, so if you want upto 3 users on it for £29.99 per month, I suppose you could look at it at £10 per person, per month for upto 3 users.

For example I dont know if any of you work with wives/partners doing collections etc, but you both take your mobiles out, log on, and it will bring up the collections only for you - you both then go out with your phones and get on with it.

Also, you have to remember, no paperwork, no going back home and using excel in the evening, no synchronizing, no upgrades and no software installation and the tight control that you have over the business is invaluable.  The time thats not spent doing paper work back at the office, can be spent getting new customers or spent with your family or even expanding your business.

If you are working with more than 1 person (it can be used if you are sole business person too) you know exactly what job has been done, what time, what status and the debt.

Your data is backed up every 2 hours by us.

Really the aim of it is to cut down on any evening work, you add your customers (new) as you go round.

By eliminating as much evening work as you can, allows you to expand and canvass.

Also you can view your accounts anywhere in the world.

Plus the fact it will work on ANY mobile device, with internet access, browser and touch screen

I hope that reply helps

cleewindows

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 11:58:03 am »
Looks good
 but at 30 a month i wont bother!
 thanks anyway ;D
Hi there

You have to look at it as a utility (like your broadband provider), it is a subscription, so if you want upto 3 users on it for £29.99 per month, I suppose you could look at it at £10 per person, per month for upto 3 users.

For example I dont know if any of you work with wives/partners doing collections etc, but you both take your mobiles out, log on, and it will bring up the collections only for you - you both then go out with your phones and get on with it.

Also, you have to remember, no paperwork, no going back home and using excel in the evening, no synchronizing, no upgrades and no software installation and the tight control that you have over the business is invaluable.  The time thats not spent doing paper work back at the office, can be spent getting new customers or spent with your family or even expanding your business.

If you are working with more than 1 person (it can be used if you are sole business person too) you know exactly what job has been done, what time, what status and the debt.

Your data is backed up every 2 hours by us.

Really the aim of it is to cut down on any evening work, you add your customers (new) as you go round.

By eliminating as much evening work as you can, allows you to expand and canvass.

Also you can view your accounts anywhere in the world.

Plus the fact it will work on ANY mobile device, with internet access, browser and touch screen

I hope that reply helps

kate1

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 12:04:28 pm »
Thats fine Clee, everybody has their own way of doing things, it just seems that people are wanting to use their phones for business, I think its just the natural way things progress, the one unit that does the lot.

So Im really responding just to say there is something out there that you CAN use.

Ive been told by our developer that building apps would be quite difficult for every phone out there.

Were not an app, we are browser based.

I think you have to sort of weigh it up really against a cost of the clean of a house, and the time freed up to go out and canvass.  Plus the fact its "live" so just say for example anyone at home whilst you are out collecting, can switch on the PC/MAC, see exactly where you have been, what amount of cash you have collected.

Like I say everybody does things differently

Thank you for your reply though

cleewindows

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 12:17:09 pm »
ok thanks,
im a one man band,the boss.
If my misses gets a call she can ring me up to do quotes or my mobile will ring and ill go and quote it,i can remember if i have been paid or not and look in my diary where im off next etc,instead of being on my phone all day and probably end up breaking it if i have to have it in my hand every 2 seconds.
Good idea but not for me,thanks anyway!
Thats fine Clee, everybody has their own way of doing things, it just seems that people are wanting to use their phones for business, I think its just the way things move on, the one unit that does the lot.

So Im really responding just to say there is something out there that you CAN use.

Ive been told by our developer that building apps would be quite difficult for every phone out there.

Were not an app, we are browser based.

I think you have to sort of weigh it up really against a cost of the clean of a house, and the time freed up to go out and canvass.  Plus the fact its "live" so just say for example anyone at home whilst you are out collecting, can switch on the PC/MAC, see exactly where you have been, what amount of cash you have collected.

Like I say everybody does things differently

Thank you for your reply though

M Henderson

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 03:57:06 pm »

time in the day is spent cleaning!!   

My thoughts exactly Dazmond. I could email my work list and scheduling info etc. to the phone but I just think it's too fiddly... I'd do at least 3 jobs less a day if I was having to stop and mess about with my phone all the time.

I just print off the sheet each day (for reference) and then update in 5 mins when get back to base.

Plus, wet hands, buckets of water around.....been there, done that  ;D.

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 04:01:05 pm »
Buy a cheap Palm, then download pocket george. Why anyone would want to spend time printing worksheets is beyond me. ???
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 04:03:53 pm »
I don't print anything either.
I just have George on my laptop which I fill in when I get home, or if it's a day that I might need some reminding on I take it with me.
What could be simpler...?

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 04:07:17 pm »
Squeaky, thats a good idea but a little too bulky for me.

It prob saves you a couple of mins over me a day and I understand that you can alter everything on george whilst out in the van. :)

kate1

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 04:12:35 pm »
I personally just think its natural progression, as with all technology it just moves on as we all know. iphone, ipad (we currently run on the iphone, and will be running on the ipad very shortly)

You have all these new phones and stuff and instead of carrying different devices round, printing stuff off etc - wouldnt it be nice to be able to have it all in one place?  When you get home thats it, you dont go near the computer unless you want to do other things.  Thing is with this also, if your phone or computer were stolen, you just log on somewhere else and off you go, as the data is NOT on your phone, its on our servers, you have access to it through our system.  Its your own personal database

If there were no interest, people wouldnt be asking is there something out there that works on my mobile

But we all like to do things our own way

Hope that helps

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 04:34:27 pm »
i have also dropped past phones in buckets,left them on top of my van and sped off! ::) ::) ;D ;D

i really think if your a one man band its better to spend the day cleaning as much as you can then 10 mins in the evening updating your workload/printing invoices etc for the next days work.

if you ve got a few guys working for you then maybe its a good idea to update as you go but for me i wait until i get home.obviously if i get new work while im out etc i jot these down in a notebook and update in the evening. ;) :) :)

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

steven ainger

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 04:42:11 pm »
you can update as you go, and view all your debts and when last cleaned etc, with pocket george.
 its only £50 for the software and a £1 a month for online backup.

personally i wouldnt pay £30 a month for something that does pretty much the same thing !!!

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 04:54:09 pm »
you can update as you go, and view all your debts and when last cleaned etc, with pocket george.
 its only £50 for the software and a £1 a month for online backup.

personally i wouldnt pay £30 a month for something that does pretty much the same thing !!!

Spot on  ;)

Hometime is hometime.

SPE

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 05:02:39 pm »
Buy a cheap Palm, then download pocket george. Why anyone would want to spend time printing worksheets is beyond me. ???
my thoughts exactly Bob  ;)
shame I have a pc wired up to my tv really, had I a laptop in the first place I could have taken it with me when I needed to, ahhh well lesson learnt for next time I buy a computer but a cheap palm sounds like the solution I'm looking for, thankyou
Simon

kate1

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 05:14:19 pm »
Thats fine guys.

Its just with all the new phones, people are constantly asking "is there anything for my mobile", I suppose to make full use of it.  Everybody talking about apps for this apps for that.

Of course as the business grows, you must have that facility for multi users, and you all being able to log on at the same time, choose your round, week number etc, and see it on your mobile.

Thanks for all your replies