This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: good idea
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 11:40:55 pm »
ive got a pole tap at the moment and that suits me fine but the loop gets twisted and caught on things sometimes which can be a pain!i tryed a hip tap NEVER AGAIN!!i ended up with a very wet leg and trench foot after one day!!

i pinch the hose on my short pole to stop the flow.never tried a trigger.

im sure this could be a good idea if you could just attach it to your pole without hacksawing a bit off.it would probably sell more and  if it was a bit cheaper(say £30-£40?). ;) ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

mci services

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 11:44:04 pm »
dazmond buy a auto brush honest its the best money spent no wet legs, no loops

and if this adapter proves worthwhile it should do the same

Dave Willis

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2010, 03:29:38 pm »
Unfortunately i can't see any advantages whatsoever over a tap  ???

It's far more expensive, far more complicated, heavier, involves hacking your pole apart, prone to snagging and can't be transferred from one pole to another in an instant. Over engineered rubbish.

Martin ccs

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2010, 03:50:01 pm »
i think it looks good! im sure that there is room for improvment but without trying it out i guess i cant comment too much - i would buy one at the right price.

any bit of kit/gadgets that could maybe save you time n water will always save you some money.

telboy

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2010, 04:18:31 pm »
Over complicated if you ask me. When it fails you will also have one useless pole too. Far simpler to have a push fit tap on the hip. Buy a couple and change in four seconds if one breaks.
Snag the hose on a plant pot and squirt the customer in the face.
Dreadful, dreadful design.
  :(

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2010, 06:00:37 pm »
What are all the advantages over a simple flow controller/tap which weighs next to nowt.

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

mikecam

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2010, 11:01:28 pm »

I agree stu-mac. The aqua-dapter looks professionally made and quality, the price is reasonable for equipment used for a commercial purpose.

Ewan, you seem a sensible guy to me and very well informed, so , whats your take on 'retro fitting' these adapters onto poles? Do you think we should send them away for fitment or attempt a bit of DIY and fit them ourselves?

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2010, 11:22:47 pm »
When the pole starts to wear out every time you give a tug to turn your water on or off you'll end up closing the pole a little.  I think I'll stick to a ball valve on the end of the hose.  Good to see people exhausting different ideas of working though.

Simon.

mikecam

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2010, 11:46:54 pm »

I agree stu-mac. The aqua-dapter looks professionally made and quality, the price is reasonable for equipment used for a commercial purpose.

Ewan, you seem a sensible guy to me and very well informed, so , whats your take on 'retro fitting' these adapters onto poles? Do you think we should send them away for fitment or attempt a bit of DIY and fit them ourselves?

If you can’t read fitting instructions, you could attempt DIY

You'd recomend someone who can't read to go ahead and try fit them selves, ok.
The fitting instructions tell you to do it yourself, (hint=DIY), would you be able to recomend anywhere to send it off to so it can be 'proffesionally fitted'? You see this leaves us in a bit of a predicament, if it comes off who do we go to for recourse? Ourselves as retro fit DIY'ers? And of course there's the time element you tell us about, it costs money. How much do you reckon it costs to fit it? And do you reckon it would be more difficult than say shoving a carbon fibre fishing blank into an angle adapter or would you say along the same lines?

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2010, 08:09:57 am »
The internals of the aqua adapter could easily be pre-fitted into new poles for a lot less money, if so I would be interested.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2010, 09:32:14 pm »
The extra weight at the top end of the pole plus longer closed length of pole versus my tap on my belt (no wet legs for me - why would I?) makes me think I'll give it a miss.
It's a game of three halves!

ccmids

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2010, 10:06:06 pm »
personally i dont like the idea of having the extra weight at the top of the pole, and with the thumb screw and the big loop in the hose at the top, is only going to get snagged on things.
 if they could of incorperated the idea into a gooseneck,that simply screws into the pole threaded end so its not just bodged on to the end of your pole, i think that would of been a better product.
yes more weight not worth the money , i added 2 more jets to one of my brushes and i could feel the diffrance

BVC

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 05:43:05 pm »
Unfortunately i can't see any advantages whatsoever over a tap  ???

It's far more expensive, far more complicated, heavier, involves hacking your pole apart, prone to snagging and can't be transferred from one pole to another in an instant. Over engineered rubbish.

+1

- the rubbish bit.