This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Susan @ MB Window Cleaning

Tapwater TDS in Liverpool?
« on: July 22, 2010, 08:38:20 pm »
Could someone please tell me what the TDS reading is for tapwater in Liverpool, I know that water up there is a lot softer than Essex, but was wondering what reading I should expect!

Susan

the bfg

Re: Tapwater TDS in Liverpool?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 09:18:23 pm »
Hi Susan.

I'm not totally sure but I know its low,   you can actually drink water from the tap in Liverpool and its really refreshing and thirst quenching.

Ste M

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 09:25:24 pm »
Mine is currently 100 an I'm on the outskirts. My mate who lives further in has 70 ish. Why are you askin suesan its a fair distance from you? Or have you seen sense an your movin to the best city in england?

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 09:25:49 pm »
LOL bfg that's very handy to know, but I'm looking at washing my relative's windows! I've got a 25 litre container and i'm taking the backpack and pole, Matt thinks that the TDS is low and that i could possible lower it to zero by just using resin, but only if the tds is pretty low in the first place

Susan

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 09:35:40 pm »
I'll be Toxteth, Wavertree or Huyton, depending on who's house I'm at, hopefully even at 100 using the resin should provide me enough water for the 3 cleans!  :)

mci services

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 09:36:54 pm »
what size is your di vessel

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 09:38:57 pm »
Matt says I can take the 700ml, he thinks that I should get 100 - 150 litres with a tap TDS of 80, that's if the resin hasn't gone off! LOL

I think if I can make 50 litres I'll be ok  :D

Susan

mci services

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 09:46:40 pm »
yeah that should be ok I reckon you could get nearer 500l fill slowly and give the resin a shake every now and then ;)

mikecam

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 09:48:59 pm »
I'll be Toxteth, Wavertree or Huyton, depending on who's house I'm at, hopefully even at 100 using the resin should provide me enough water for the 3 cleans!  :)

I'm in between Wavertree and Huyton and my TDS is about 130.

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 09:50:28 pm »
Thanks 500 litres would be brilliant! Maybe I should see if any of my mum's friends want their windows cleaned, it may help pay for my fuel up there! Although my priority is my family's windows, as long as I get them done I'll be happy

Susan

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 09:54:42 pm »
Thanks for the information, 130 is still about 1/3 of what we've got in Essex!

I'm sure I'll get on ok

Susan

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 08:21:09 pm »
Just done a tds reading in toxteth, can't believe it's only 68 :-o compared to essex that's amazing!

deeege

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 08:25:14 pm »
029 ppm out of my tap :)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 08:48:15 pm »
LOL that's ridiculous! Ours in Essex is about 350 :-(

Ste M

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 11:14:58 pm »
you see we where the capital of culture not just because we are charmers and have the most beautiful city in the world, its also because our water is very soft

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 12:11:20 am »
you see we where the capital of culture not just because we are charmers and have the most beautiful city in the world, its also because our water is very soft
thought you wud pop up there lad lol ;D ;D ;D
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Ste M

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 12:39:54 am »
thought you wud pop up there lad lol ;D ;D ;D

as always gav, you mention the POOL and ill pop up ;D van sorted yet?

the bfg

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 07:36:15 am »

yep being the capitol of culture means all our graffiti is now in latin  ;D ;D

so then Susan do you now believe me about the water being so nice to drink straight from the tap ?

its even better than Peckham spring water  ;D

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 07:26:10 pm »
Hi Susan, when are going, I am driving to Liverpool  this weekend for a wedding, from Essex. just wondered if you are going for same reasons
Darren
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

Elginn

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 07:40:51 pm »
I was born in wavertree  :o and I still have relatives living at Huyton Quarry, If you need any work that way I can stick in a word for you? I don't know if the have a WC because I live hundreds of miles away now