Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Klean07

Can you earn more money with two or one persons?
« on: July 22, 2010, 08:17:51 am »
I used to have a friend help me untill recently who used to come with me once or twice a week. But for some unknown reason I can earn same amount or more if I work on my own.
Whats your take on this?
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

the bfg

Re: Can you earn more money with two or one persons?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 08:29:15 am »
your friend must be useless  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 08:37:54 am »
klean you prob spend too much time chatting!tea breaks etc! ;) ;D ;D

seriously if you arent making more money AFTER you ve payed his wages then your not working him hard enough!!also he ll be nowhere near as quick as you if he s not cleaning full time!

i stick to cleaning on my own these days.

also you tend to be too soft if its a friend working with you in my experience.now i always say no if a friend wants work.

i find keeping friends/family away from my business is the best bet!!  ;) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Newannaive

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 11:52:45 am »
you can earn more money but with two u've always got someone to foot the ladder when needed  :)

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 11:54:18 am »
Do you mean the total is Less with two than one or that after you have paid him your cut is less?

I have had up to 3 guys working with me in the past but now mostly work alone as in order to make a profit from them you have to pay them low wages.

how much were you turning over and paying him?

laddermonkee

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 11:54:52 am »
You must be paying him to much
'Ladders isn't a shiner he's between jobs'

gary999

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 12:36:53 pm »
I used to have a friend help me untill recently who used to come with me once or twice a week. But for some unknown reason I can earn same amount or more if I work on my own.
Whats your take on this?

Much more money with two, if not, your doing it wrong it’s easy to understand how you should do it. But I wont bother posting, because you get the same few numptys jumping in posting there ballistic-ally stupid comments.

oh cmon your not that bad...a little overbearing...maybe!!

but a numpty you are going way to far :)

oh sorry!! i thought you were talking about yourself :-[ ;D ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 01:03:51 pm »
i never thought i would earn alot more when i first took some one on, i did itto aid motivation and for saftey and new i would at least cover the wage but didnt really think about doubling turnover etc , however even traditionally we sometimes almost double a normal day for me on my own and that is just with someone doing downstairs, i think the added speed makes me move alot faster and just gains momentum , on average though it is at least 50 - 75% more, if i had wfp i would expect to do double every day as i could easily do a house each rather than ups and downs, it just means planning the work and training them right

breaks become twice as expensive as you are now paying for unproductive time rather than just not working so chatting and brews etc get expensive!! so stopping work is a big no, even dinner i try miss or just stop for a quick break, my worker has the option of dinner or finishing early, i carry on working either way

tacky

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 07:54:07 pm »
yes .iv worked on my own .untill my misses helped me .she does bottom windows ,collect money .chats to custies .which i would b doing .if i was on my own .so i can carry on regaurd less .with no hold ups .

mci services

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 08:28:46 pm »
when i work in a pair the turnover goes up by 50 to 75% on certain work it does go up 100% but only on large jobs as soon as you start travelling the money earned decreases

John drake

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 08:31:40 pm »
Day to Day run of the mill domestic houses will never work out double.
Where has my post gone ?
drake_john@rocketmail.com

mci services

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 08:38:13 pm »
yes agreed the only time i do double is on a couple large commercial and we dont work together

Frankybadboy

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 08:50:39 pm »
when i work in a pair the turnover goes up by 50 to 75% on certain work it does go up 100% but only on large jobs as soon as you start travelling the money earned decreases
DONT TRAVEL THEN YOU SCOT :P :P :P :P

Klean07

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 10:46:35 pm »
I used to give him a third of my daily income. He was also a very good worker and used to fix things when they were broken etc.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

geefree

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 10:59:13 pm »
Interesting subject.

i often think of getting a part time lad,

I am split in my thoughts though...

Do i want him to make my working day easier and simply cover his wage?

Because that is what i think will be the case,

or do i do the same, and go hell for leather working our arses off , and use the lad as a way to go forward with both of us pushing on, for new customers etc....

and take it from there,

in other words, taking the giant step of progressing and growing and employing ?

Portisgreg

« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 01:14:34 pm »
I find i earn marginally more with someone but definitely not twice as much.

You've got to factor in the time it takes to set up and put away for two as opposed to one. It also depends on the types of property you're cleaning.

R W C™

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 02:29:02 pm »
I recon I earn 75% more with a extra person,

Sean Dyer

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 04:10:57 pm »
Interesting subject.

i often think of getting a part time lad,

I am split in my thoughts though...

Do i want him to make my working day easier and simply cover his wage?

Because that is what i think will be the case,

or do i do the same, and go hell for leather working our arses off , and use the lad as a way to go forward with both of us pushing on, for new customers etc....

and take it from there,

in other words, taking the giant step of progressing and growing and employing ?

how much will you pay the standard rate is 50 - 70 or 80 if special a day

you are doing something wrong if a lad with you cant pay his own wage and a bit more on top

kate1

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 05:36:23 pm »
Interesting subject.

I would be interested to know how you find the paperwork side of things, and scheduling if your all doing seperate jobs?

Or is it more on an angle of two people being at the same property?

LWC

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 06:35:59 pm »
Ive found they cover what i pay them...so not really worth it, but on flip side, a easier day and company. Yes somedays id coin it, some other days you wouldnt, averages itself out really.

I work alot on my own these days its just easier, work harder but no one to worry about, especially when no ones in and you have to give them the bit of cash you had.