This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kate1

Re: Can you earn more money with two or one persons?
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 07:30:30 pm »
So is it more they physical side of the job, you have two men on one house - its quicker?

So therefore if its quicker you can fit more jobs in?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 08:02:21 pm »
So is it more they physical side of the job, you have two men on one house - its quicker?

So therefore if its quicker you can fit more jobs in?

Its not quicker,.. the jobs themselves might take less time, but the travelling between them & the setting up/packing away doesn't so you have much more down time in a 2 man team. Unless you have great earning jobs or are paying a low wage, its rarely worth working in a team of 2 for residential window cleaning.

kate1

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2010, 08:15:36 pm »
You would think logically that two men take a quicker time, therefore opening up window of opportunity to fit more houses in.

I think marketing wise it would have to be quite strategic, balancing between collecting and trying to build your round up

kate1

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2010, 09:09:44 pm »
Nooooo

Nobody has it wrong, it just depends on how you manage your business

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2010, 09:19:43 pm »
Well i'm agreeing with ewan for a change, Nahtaneal has the correct logic, but he's talking about something else.

I assume this thread is about one person versus one person plus a helper.Nathaneal is talking about three people or more.

Didn't understand what you mean't about collecting Kate.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2010, 09:52:06 pm »
Simple logic dictates that a 2 man team will not complete double the work in the same time-frame.

If one is the boss & one is the helper and money is split accordingly, a 2 man team can be more profitable for the boss than working alone,.. but in my experience the income boost isn't large enough to make up for the extra hassle of employing in many cases.

mci services

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2010, 10:01:30 pm »
is your work compact nat? if it is not then I would agree but good compact round and then it works

kate1

« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 08:02:53 am »
Suppose it boils down to time management.

I dont know when the working day stops for you guys, Im biased of course because we run a no paperwork system, so dont know how long all you guys spend on paperwork and sorting the next days schedule out, entering payments, finding out collections etc.

How many hours extra do you think is taken up by sorting things like that when the working day is over?

Just think maybe that time could be converted into potential canvassing time?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 08:24:22 am »
Paperwork is minimal when you use George or WCP,... they're cheap too!