Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WCP on a Mac!
« on: July 21, 2010, 08:14:24 pm »
I've got a little asics that i bought for round scheduling.It's handy to take in the van because of it's size but when i got a mac laptop a new world opened up and i went a bit mac mad.

I asked Ian on here (Hannaford) and he said the programme wouldn't run on a mac.So what i've had to is partition the drive to let the mac run windows, buy another licence- £80 plus vat, and now I have a full wcp on my mac.

Just thought i'd mention it in case anyone else is in the same boat.

karlosdaze

Re: WCP on a Mac!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 08:16:12 pm »
You can run all the windows based programmes when you stick bootcamp on a Mac.

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 08:25:56 pm »
I'm a bit thick with computers thats why the mac was such a revelation.

When i used George i had it on about three computers and had to be carefull not to put info on one and then use another.This time i've got two wcp's and the same rules apply.The macs a bigger screen 17' and has a ten hour battery life.I take the mac on holiday so i will be able to look in if i need to.

One of my fears is my computer being pinched and losing my round.So to a degree unless they both get nicked this is a bit of a safety net.

heathrow100

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 09:23:21 pm »
Buy Parrells desktop and run windows on a mac without bootcamp,no need to reboot ;)

brianbarber

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 09:39:29 pm »
Return of the Mac!
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

kate1

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 02:31:58 pm »
We already run on Macs

craig mcneil

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 09:51:14 pm »
You should've got Parallels or Virtualbox (which is free), both of which would have let you run WCP without all that nonsense of mucking about with Boot Camp. And you could have asked for your WCP licence to be transferred to your new setup rather than running two at a time. That's what I did when I got my Macbook...

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 10:05:40 pm »
I saw parrels on the shelf at MK apple and asked about it.The assistant (they call them geniuses?) said it was another way of running windows.Brad emailed me and said i could swap but i was too lazy.

Now that i can see the benefits i might get parrels.

craig mcneil

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 10:08:29 pm »
Yup. Parallels will let you run WCP on your Mac desktop without having to reboot into Windows. I would try Virtualbox first as it's free and does the same job albeit slightly slower.

kate1

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2010, 11:07:27 pm »
Guys, not really sure why you are trying to integrate loads of different programmes/software/upgrades, list seems endless.  Because there is already a system out there that does the lot, we already do it, because its the way tehcnology is possibly going to go, really dont understand why you are downloading different things? theres no need.  Your round on your device, its so simple.  You dont need to down load anything????????  Iphones we work on, anything browser based that has a touchscreen, it so easy !!!!  everything seems to be so complicated - -our system is browser based, not "Apps" could you imagine building an app for every mobile phone? you would have to build a seperate application for all phones.  Plus the fact that all your data is stored on that phone.  So that poses another thing, you lose your phone your data is lost.  Our programme already runs on Macs, without downloading anything.  Plus your data is backed up every 2 hours, its not stored on a phone its stored on a powerful server

hope that helps

kind regards

Kate

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 11:05:11 am »
Yup. Parallels will let you run WCP on your Mac desktop without having to reboot into Windows. I would try Virtualbox first as it's free and does the same job albeit slightly slower.
Thanks for this, got parrellels, and as you say wcp now launches from the mac desk top .I did lose wcp for a while ,as it recognised it as a different machine and the key didn't fit.Brad very kindly re activated it for me.

Not quite sure what kate is saying, or if she knows what wcpro does, but i think i would struggle to do the amount of round manipulation,date altering, accounts and worksheet printing i do on a phone.

kate1

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 11:19:00 am »
Yes it is possible to do all that from your mobile

Do you want to PM me Slumpbuster, as I dont really want to hijack this thread.

I will explain in more detail.

Kind regards

wightsurf

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 10:09:00 pm »
Kate1
Can you explain more please

gordonswindows

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 10:27:08 pm »
If you run macs the best thing is to get the cloud too

It is called mobile me and all we do is sync the desk tops the matchbooks iphones and even my new toy the iPad, it will sync automatically after every time you add or change anything and it is always with you

Mac is the new black it's so easy it makes me look clever

Windows? They are for cleaning and looking through

Gordon
Don't Give Up
@askforthemoney

kate1

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 06:23:40 am »
wightsurf

You can pm me with any questions

Regards