Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave.e

clx poles
« on: July 13, 2010, 05:27:43 pm »
Hi all dose anybody have a clx pole and if so whats it like compared to the slx cheers Dave ;D

TC1

Re: clx poles
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 06:01:38 pm »
Ive got a clx 27 on order to go with my slx, my brother has an slx 18 and a clx 18 and there is hardly any difference between them, only the colour (bright red). The clx is wearing very well, he has been using every day for a few months and all of the laquer is still on all section and it looks like new! Looking forward to getting mine now, seems a no brainer with the price comparison!  :)

dave.e

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 06:11:59 pm »
Ive got a clx 27 on order to go with my slx, my brother has an slx 18 and a clx 18 and there is hardly any difference between them, only the colour (bright red). The clx is wearing very well, he has been using every day for a few months and all of the laquer is still on all section and it looks like new! Looking forward to getting mine now, seems a no brainer with the price comparison!  :)

thanks for the info mate i agree with the price comparison and that's why i was asking . i rang up Gardiner's today to ask about a new base section for a 22 ft slx and the price was £69 plus vat i wanted the section to make my 18 into a 22 but loocking at there prices i mite go for the clx. Dave

cleewindows

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 06:34:37 pm »
the clx is a great pole and very light and easy to use,i have my clx 27 fitted with a trigger and is absolutely brilliant!

dave.e

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 07:00:17 pm »
the clx is a great pole and very light and easy to use,i have my clx 27 fitted with a trigger and is absolutely brilliant!

i think it will be the clx then guys. i think gardines need to look at the prices of the slx because its all down to money the,s days and if the clx wears the same or better than the slx then like tc1 said its a no brainier.

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 10:16:14 pm »
Hi
We have both the CLX and the SLX of similar length. IMO the CLX is good value for money but is quite whippy when compared to the SLX. It is especially noticable when used at full stretch at an angle - window above conservatory cleaned from the side. Although the CLX is a brilliant everyday pole and I would recommend it to everyone, my next purchase will be an SLX because it is so much stiffer.
The CLX appears to have a much more robust outer coating, so I presume the latest SLX will be similar.
Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Feen

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 08:31:58 pm »
Hi
We have both the CLX and the SLX of similar length. IMO the CLX is good value for money but is quite whippy when compared to the SLX. It is especially noticable when used at full stretch at an angle - window above conservatory cleaned from the side. Although the CLX is a brilliant everyday pole and I would recommend it to everyone, my next purchase will be an SLX because it is so much stiffer.
The CLX appears to have a much more robust outer coating, so I presume the latest SLX will be similar.
Spruce
Spruce, Can you say what lengths of CLX and SLX you have please. Obviously the longer the pole is, the more the whippiness comes into play. Thanks
Feen

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 08:44:47 pm »
i have the clx 22ft and i think its a great pole but ill be ordering a 22ft slx next time as ive never had one and the clx IS  whippy at full extend.great pole for the money though.

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

DanC

clx poles
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 08:48:00 pm »
I agree Daz, I have the CLX 27 and it's very whippy fully extended. Lousy when there is a bit of wind but it's so light.

Feen

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 09:26:13 pm »
Thanks guys. Did think the 22 may be ok, but don't want to go whippy. Prob stick to ther slx.
Feen

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 07:31:31 am »
Just got the clx 18 last week. Yes it is a bit whippy at the end, but remeber what your paying for it.

The clx is 50% C/F where as the slx is 100%

Get the clx and stick a superlight brush on the end... Makes a big difference from a vikan when it comes to whippyness I have found.

I used brodex hydra before and found that the whippy bit of the clx has got me doing a better job overall. Windows above connys are a lot more easier to clean I've found.

Deffinatley a pole I would reccomend. Though if you can afford the slx I'd probably go for that one to be honest. All down to money in the end though.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Richard 01903

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 09:34:29 am »
CLX 22 all day long great bit of kit 8) ::)
You cant change the PAST But you can influence the FUTURE

windiewasher

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 06:36:55 pm »
i have 27 great pole
just had my 18 come today,i shall be using for my everyday houses and 27 when i need it!
cant believe how light the 18 is,got my new trigger for it too.
im looking forward to using in the next day day or 2!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Richard 01903

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2010, 08:45:20 pm »
Where do you get trigger from  :P as I would like to try one ;)
You cant change the PAST But you can influence the FUTURE

windiewasher

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2010, 08:47:06 pm »
polarbrite m8!
they are excellent,craig come on here sometime
but just search for polarbrite and order one online or give him a call!
Where do you get trigger from  :P as I would like to try one ;)
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.