This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

afssm123

Polished Insurance
« on: July 13, 2010, 11:12:05 am »
I have just got a quote from Polished Insurance as they advertise on here - I have been quoted £173 per year.

Does this sound reasonable?

I dont have a lot of time to call round and get other quotes if thats going to be around the going rate

The quote covers

Public Liability Insurance

The quotation is offered by Hiscox Insurance Company Ltd and provides the following cover;

Damage to the property being cleaned (commonly known as Damage to Property Being Worked Upon)
Loss of customer’s keys (commonly known as Keyholder Cover) – to a sum insured of £50,000
Damage caused by cleaning materials used (commonly known as Treatment Risks)
Public & Products Liability Insurance - £1,000,000
Interest free direct debit payments
Continuous policy cover which means your premium will not increase next year unless your turnover increases by over 50% and/or your claims record is unacceptable.

Most insurers automatically exclude damage to property being worked upon (eg damage to carpets, upholstery etc) but our quote includes this cover.

Thoughts anyone?

p1w1

Re: Polished Insurance
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 11:25:14 am »
Hi
I took out the same as you described as it covers my pressure washing too and was cheaper then any others I tried there is an excess of 250 but as you say most insurance company's don't cover you for property worked on as this does

Ste M

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 11:56:04 am »
the only thing i would look at increasing is the amount of public liability insurance, some companys require you to have a minimum amount and 1mill aint enough, i have one nursing home that requires me to have a min of 2.5 mill, im ok as i have 5 mill

afssm123

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 01:34:53 pm »
Hi. to begin with I plan to be purely residential