This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bobby p

do you point out faults ?
« on: July 12, 2010, 07:12:35 am »
so far ive been ignoring anything i see such as cracked glass,scratches or fogged windows because where would it end .  i have just assumed the owner already knows about it.  but 2 houses have got me thinking recently .

no.1   has a huge picture window in the lounge and from the first i was there i see a 2 inch crack at the side about a third of the way up, probably hasnt been noticed by the owner . will it spread,it hasnt so far.... could i be blamed ?

no.2 this house has big glass,everythings perfect and the owners picky and last time i went to clean i noticed what looks exactly like a fresh bullet hole high up on a bedroom window .nobody was home the day i cleaned

what do you do ?

Nathanael Jones

Re: do you point out faults ?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 07:29:46 am »
Say nothing.
If they mention it just say it common to get cracks in really hot or cold weather if the window wasn't fitted right.

Also,.. avoid working too much in places were bullet holes are common,.. ;)

Steve CM

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 07:32:18 am »
I always point out defects after a first clean. so that they are straight from the get go. so many numptys blame us for poor maintence of thier windows. i like to get things straight before they start

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 07:40:46 am »
point them out, other wise you will get the blame,  did this on a chemist recently   every window great except one which was scratched

i do some windows "the patterned ones" which are cracked, i just leave them incase they get any worse

NJWindowCleaning

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2010, 06:37:41 pm »
I always tell the clients if any defaults to windows and doors as they do blame us window cleaners for anything, if they can get away with it. Your mostly like to be the last person up through there gates.

Window Washers

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 06:44:31 pm »
Say nothing.
If they mention it just say it common to get cracks in really hot or cold weather if the window wasn't fitted right.

Also,.. avoid working too much in places were bullet holes are common,.. ;)
sounds to me your using a hot system Nat and are cracking people windows then telling fibs to make them think it was there before, thats not good m8 at all!!!... :o

any problems any time any clean I tell the customer straight away, I limit my blame as I am upfront everytime so they know where they stand on the matter. to hide it is total madness IMO honesty works the best  ;)

Ian

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)