Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: I cleaned 10 cars yesterdays with my WFP
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2010, 09:49:17 am »
id stick to windows if i were you.pure water is more aggressive esp on certain types of paintwork and i dont think its really great for painted wooden windows either!

google dionised water and read what it says!you could easly damage someones car with a wfp and what about the wheels?do you use the same brush to then clean your windows?

i clean my van with wfp but use tap water instead of pure water and use a different brush!!

im using a bucket and sponge though at the moment due to hosepipe ban! ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

DavidX

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2010, 10:05:16 am »
id stick to windows if i were you.pure water is more aggressive esp on certain types of paintwork and i dont think its really great for painted wooden windows either!

google dionised water and read what it says!you could easly damage someones car with a wfp and what about the wheels?do you use the same brush to then clean your windows?

i clean my van with wfp but use tap water instead of pure water and use a different brush!!

im using a bucket and sponge though at the moment due to hosepipe ban! ;D ;D ;D

Nah high end dealers use pure water to keep cars clean.......I never use the wfp on wheels only sponge

I have two brush one for car and one for windows.

Shame people are going over the top with this pure waters for cars because it give bad rep to people like me when it does a good job

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2010, 10:18:17 am »
a few of my custys have joked about me cleaning their cars with my wfp but im a window cleaner with a full round and conny roofs/fascias etc to clean so i dont take them up on the offer.

ok if you ve not got much of a round and want a bit of extra money!but dont be fooled matey!pure water DOES affect certain types of paint work and WILL dull the shine on some cars over time.

best wishes

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

John Walker

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2010, 10:20:12 am »
Wfp doesn't damage paintwork on cars, however it will when used with a brush take wax off of the paintwork. This is usually not a problem as you will put wax back on after cleaning I your doing the job properly. However some old cars have sun bleached paint work and red is a good example, to restore their paintwork some people use a Color wax, however the problem is when we come along and scrub off that color wax they think we have damaged their car when in actual fact all we have done is removed the color wax.

Simon

Nicely put Simon - David - this is what I was trying say previously but Simon has put it much better.  I'm talking from experience - loads of cars come up great but there are some that don't (red in particular) and this could cause you problems with the customer.

When used in car washes it's only used as a final rinse to ensure a shiny finish with no deposits - it isn't brushed.

John
BaxWalker Window Cleaning