Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DavidX

I cleaned 10 cars yesterdays with my WFP
« on: July 11, 2010, 05:45:18 pm »
and dry it off with the leather.

did the 10 cars within 2 hours and made £50 :) The neighbours were  very happy

The wfp did a good job have any of you done it?

I might do some more........... happy days.

Got to go out now will be back later tonight :)

Re: I cleaned 10 cars yesterdays with my WFP New
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 06:51:23 pm »
 ;)

Glen Bullivant

Re: I cleaned 10 cars yesterdays with my WFP
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 07:07:20 pm »
also burns the paint off, if you go out tomorrow they will all be down to the primer.

leegooner

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 07:22:11 pm »
ok on metalc paint
will take the surface shine of normal paintwork
be carefull

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 07:50:04 pm »
its meant to be horrible on red cars

dave.e

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 08:42:52 pm »
and dry it off with the leather.

did the 10 cars within 2 hours and made £50 :) The neighbours were  very happy

The wfp did a good job have any of you done it?

I might do some more........... happy days.

Got to go out now will be back later tonight :)

10 cars in 2 hours :o what were thay smart cars i bet ;D

dr clean

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 08:56:13 pm »
corgi cars ;D ::) hear theis is a market for them. :P

ok cleaning

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2010, 10:44:55 pm »
you are on the wrong forum mate  join the car valeters

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 10:50:24 pm »
I've heard that it can cause a nuclear reaction and ignite the atmosphere.

John Walker

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 12:58:51 am »

Seriously - it works well on new cars with good paintwork but it will remove the polish off old cars and leave them looking rather matt - especially red ones!!

Some car washes have a pure-water rinse option and I believe in America most forecourt cars are washed regularly with pure water to keep them looking good ready for sale.

This time of year with the roads dry it works quite well and is quick but it's a different story in the winter when you have tons of mud to rinse off - far too much pure water required to make it viable - plus you leave all the mud on the floor.  Been there!!
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

DavidX

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 08:11:23 am »
also burns the paint off, if you go out tomorrow they will all be down to the primer.

burns the paint off????? but it water ??? I just look out this morning the cars are looking great

DavidX

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 08:12:15 am »
its meant to be horrible on red cars

I done two red car and it look fine to me

DavidX

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 08:15:15 am »

Seriously - it works well on new cars with good paintwork but it will remove the polish off old cars and leave them looking rather matt - especially red ones!!

Some car washes have a pure-water rinse option and I believe in America most forecourt cars are washed regularly with pure water to keep them looking good ready for sale.

This time of year with the roads dry it works quite well and is quick but it's a different story in the winter when you have tons of mud to rinse off - far too much pure water required to make it viable - plus you leave all the mud on the floor.  Been there!!

the cars I cleaned they were not new cars so i check the cars and they all looking great....I don't get all this about red car?

LQQK

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 08:41:53 am »
Generally takes 2 to 3 days, depending on atmospheric conditions for the deterioration of the paintwork to become noticeable.

In warmer drier conditions, such as now, the process takes a little longer. You'll first notice it on those cars where oxidation has previously occured. Any further ingress allows the water to further cause paintwork deterioration.

Once the water has been in contact with the paintwork surface usually only a thorough application of a paintwork restorer will be sufficient to stop any further damage, this is usually achieved by using a paint restoration product such as T-Cut.

Good luck.

DavidX

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 08:53:50 am »
Generally takes 2 to 3 days, depending on atmospheric conditions for the deterioration of the paintwork to become noticeable.

In warmer drier conditions, such as now, the process takes a little longer. You'll first notice it on those cars where oxidation has previously occured. Any further ingress allows the water to further cause paintwork deterioration.

Once the water has been in contact with the paintwork surface usually only a thorough application of a paintwork restorer will be sufficient to stop any further damage, this is usually achieved by using a paint restoration product such as T-Cut.

Good luck.

I cleaned my car and family cars lots of time over the years and have not has any problem whatsoever at all.

I think people are going over the top with this pure waters so i  will carry on with it because I can't see any problem with it after it been cleaned even with the red car

Klean07

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 09:04:36 am »
I've clean my own car and van with wfp and had no probs. However I don't think I would be so daring to try it on someone elses car because if paint came off etc I'm sure there would be some serious issues to be sorted out with you and the owner of the cars.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

LQQK

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 09:07:10 am »

I cleaned my car and family cars lots of time over the years and have not has any problem whatsoever at all.

I think people are going over the top with this pure waters so i  will carry on with it because I can't see any problem with it after it been cleaned even with the red car
Poo, I was hoping to convince you to go out and T-Cut them all   ;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 09:19:02 am »
Wfp doesn't damage paintwork on cars, however it will when used with a brush take wax off of the paintwork. This is usually not a problem as you will put wax back on after cleaning I your doing the job properly. However some old cars have sun bleached paint work and red is a good example, to restore their paintwork some people use a Color wax, however the problem is when we come along and scrub off that color wax they think we have damaged their car when in actual fact all we have done is removed the color wax.

Simon

DavidX

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 09:23:45 am »
Wfp doesn't damage paintwork on cars, however it will when used with a brush take wax off of the paintwork. This is usually not a problem as you will put wax back on after cleaning I your doing the job properly. However some old cars have sun bleached paint work and red is a good example, to restore their paintwork some people use a Color wax, however the problem is when we come along and scrub off that color wax they think we have damaged their car when in actual fact all we have done is removed the color wax.

Simon

That I go along with..... so I shall carry on  cleaning it with the wfp  :P

DavidX

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 09:46:22 am »
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=103036.0;all

I just found this thread on search so I feel got nothing to worry about....

People who say it a bad idea or a big mistake have you even try it .........or you just listen to what people tell you