This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

e newlands

australian window cleaners
« on: July 11, 2010, 10:08:08 am »
e have just started our migration visa application for moving to australia im lucky as i have professional qualifications in another field that is on the want list together with my mrs qualifications and all other relevant items we have been accepted so now looking at about  14 to18 months for process to wind thro
we going at xmas for 4 weeks to get to know the area
 once there im temporarliy going to be working in construction whilst setting up a window and  builders cleaner in and around perth
i have to do it this way as you cant get thro the points system as a window cleaner
anyone know anyone whos working in the cleaning industry over there and can offer some advice

Darranvps

Re: australian window cleaners
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 12:49:46 pm »
Try Gary at h20ngo he was a window cleaner here in the uk now he does it over there.

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 01:11:56 pm »
I have got loads of mates over there, i helped a bloke start wfp in mandurrah just south of perth when i was there last year....its a lot more difficult to get a good round built up as you probably know they dont  get done monthly over there (6 months average).....best thing to do is to slowly build up your client base while still working under the sponsorship visa for the other job.......the stuff that gets done most regularly is holiday apts and hotels but they normally need abseilers to do them.....shopping centres are a good target too as they need done monthly, i would suggest advertise in the local shops and in places like gumtree.com.au and other local website based advertising....one other way is to have a sign made up with a list of your services (flyscreen cleaning/patios etc) and place it at the entrance of the estate where you are working.....my mate does that now and he is doing really well.

e newlands

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 06:47:41 pm »
thanks for that funny enough thats where we are looking at moving to

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 07:01:23 pm »
its a good location......very central too.

Londoner

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2010, 07:23:59 am »
Whats your other qualification? I don't really see why you would want to start up window cleaning if you have something better to go out there to already.

jefftemperley

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 08:04:15 am »
in oz even if your qualified in a building trade like myself a bricklayer, you still have to retrain for there qualifications they have the same H&S crap to put up with as well (hard hats no shorts etc), which is why i dont think any building trade is actually better than window cleaning.
i earn better money
i work less hours
my job is regular and  safer
im the boss

i have freinds out in oz and they earn a living but not loads of money as things are biting there too, ive also worked in florida and detroit in usa and found that tradesmen are more repected as skilled workers but again money was ok but not great  ($15 an hour in florida, $30in detroit)

once established for its hard to beat this game
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

e newlands

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 10:24:19 pm »
Whats your other qualification? I don't really see why you would want to start up window cleaning if you have something better to go out there to already.

in construction
chartered institute of building

done the industry for 23 years hate it
as your man said to regimental all the fun has gone you are tied to the laptop filling in forms the health and safety is over the top arguements every day over payments and 15 different languages to cope with and 2 bob tradesmen
i will also have to start further down the food chain and get more hs cards dependant on what state you work in
also seen to many people over the years drop dead thro stress --it aint worth it
cant beat working for yourself in a stress free enviroment

e newlands

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 10:30:21 pm »
in oz even if your qualified in a building trade like myself a bricklayer, you still have to retrain for there qualifications they have the same H&S crap to put up with as well (hard hats no shorts etc), which is why i dont think any building trade is actually better than window cleaning.
i earn better money
i work less hours
my job is regular and  safer
im the boss

i have freinds out in oz and they earn a living but not loads of money as things are biting there too, ive also worked in florida and detroit in usa and found that tradesmen are more repected as skilled workers but again money was ok but not great  ($15 an hour in florida, $30in detroit)

once established for its hard to beat this game

my sister lives in florida your right 15 usd is a good rate for a tradesman many out there particullly thoes in the lawn care business  pick up a mexican at the side of the road a give him 5 usd a hour----there are thousands there willing to work and they give you a goods days graft--nice people to

tom2009

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 10:41:29 pm »
e have just started our migration visa application for moving to australia im lucky as i have professional qualifications in another field that is on the want list together with my mrs qualifications and all other relevant items we have been accepted so now looking at about  14 to18 months for process to wind thro
we going at xmas for 4 weeks to get to know the area
 once there im temporarliy going to be working in construction whilst setting up a window and  builders cleaner in and around perth
i have to do it this way as you cant get thro the points system as a window cleaner
anyone know anyone whos working in the cleaning industry over there and can offer some advice

hats off to you newlands, a brave venture that I wish you well in!

e newlands

Re: australian window cleaners New
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 11:01:37 pm »
you only live once---got to give it a go
had it with the uk at the moment and cant see it improving in the next 10 years

we looked into a few other places as most of my family are spread about

usa---economy is shot at the moment and they want mega investment to let you thro the door
my mother lives in spain considered it but i would probably end up a alci in 3 months
new zealand--not that fond of sheep and it reminds me of wales--went there a few years back---f===ING BORING PLACE no wonder they all go travelling
worked in the middle east for a while--its a toilet you find the locals either want to shoot or goose you