Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cockney rebel

Flojet Pump
« on: July 10, 2010, 11:15:39 pm »
Have it set up with the varistream and usually setting 2 is fine. But when i want to up it to get more of a flow it clicks on & off which can't be good for the pump. Is there anyway i can stop this? Is it to do with the pressure switch? Do i make sense. Any replies would be helpful.

adixon

Re: Flojet Pump
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 12:05:58 am »
You need to adjust the small allen key screw at the bottom of
The pressure switch

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 12:09:14 am »
Yes or as I was shown, if you take the front off the varistream there's a switch you turn to change sensitivity

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 12:36:16 am »
I would say on an off is better than loading the pump which will make it heat up more.

I hope im worng and would like to be proved otherwise.

if you hasve a flowe control turn it up a little, 2 is very low are you a slow cleaner or worry to much about spilling water ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

mark dew

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 02:36:09 am »
Or you could take the varistream away and put an on/off hoselock valve between the pump and your water tank.
Then turn the valve in a closed direction until you get the desired flow.
Oh and make sure it is before the pump and not after, so there is less stress on the pump.
You will still want to adjust the pressure switch though.

Roy Harding

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 08:08:52 am »
Have it set up with the varistream and usually setting 2 is fine. But when i want to up it to get more of a flow it clicks on & off which can't be good for the pump. Is there anyway i can stop this? Is it to do with the pressure switch? Do i make sense. Any replies would be helpful.

The reason the pump is doing this is the vatistream pressure setting is to low. If it is the varistream with the numpty on the front do what Roger says.

Yes or as I was shown, if you take the front off the varistream there's a switch you turn to change sensitivity

If its the new digital one you adjust it by switching it on, then press the plus and minus buttons at the same time until the display changes to  show your pressure setting, you increase by pressing the plus then turn the varistream off.

You can replete this until you get the right setting.

Roy