This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Window Washers

Re: Can't Decide Which Van
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2010, 11:49:05 pm »
DONT GET A RENAULT TRAFIC FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Why??? I have a 51 plate trafic and it has caused me very little problems. (saying that, it is in the garage atm) but never had a problem in the past 4 years with it apart from regular wear and tear/MOT stuff.
were do i start 53 plate trafic 1.9dci was forever putting
itself in limphome mode diagnostic was saying rail pressure + boost pressure
sorted that out after numerous trips to garage to reset computer etc
service 25/07/10 £170.00 service 26/07/10 cam-belt snapped cost in region of £750.00
still waiting to get the thing back worse van ever fact never ever ever again !!!
oh n this van since i have had it as never bin driven hard wot so eva !!!!!!!!!
if that is like the citreon relay I can understand I have a 03, had done 24k and engine ceased up I replaced cost me over 5k
6/8 month after I bought it
2 pumps, chassis rail fuel problem, new gear box, new clutch blah blah cost me best part of 8k so far, and now is wanting not to start some times will be in garage next week, is last time I fix, every thing is new batery start alternator, leads, oil engine brecks, discs, pads, lines..................... dont do french that cost loads, I guess new buyer when I see will do well as everything is new so like a new van, only good thing is there is no rust at all
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 11:51:34 pm »
It's run flawlessly for 3 and a half years. I'm sure it will for a long time yet.

If you want problems look no further than the Transit.
I was considering one next, but been told by 3 mechanics now that they are always in for ignition and injector faults (the new TDCi ones that is, the old ones were ok)

I've been told by garages that they get many new Transits in and hardly ever Trafics.
So there! ;D
Squeaky I was told by about 4 gagrages avoid french all they get is problems so I guess it is choose at random, I have a transit (touch wood) never ever has it let me down, only down side is rust on outer body, but £300 body shop will sort that.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 11:52:26 pm »
It's run flawlessly for 3 and a half years. I'm sure it will for a long time yet.

I was considering one next, but been told by 3 mechanics now that they are always in for ignition and injector faults (the new TDCi ones that is, the old ones were ok)

I've been told by garages that they get many new Transits in and hardly ever Trafics.
So there! ;D
when mine is running rite i give you its a gud van
but have spent in excess ov 1k already on the beast head as nearly fell off
snowed under with work n the french connection as not been up to the job!!!!!
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2010, 12:02:24 am »

So there! ;D
Squeaky I was told by about 4 gagrages avoid french all they get is problems so I guess it is choose at random, I have a transit (touch wood) never ever has it let me down, only down side is rust on outer body, but £300 body shop will sort that.
Yeah but if you've got rust it can't be the latest one, surely?!

The previous ones were pretty good apparently. It's the latest Transit that's crap.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2010, 12:04:03 am »

So there! ;D
when mine is running rite i give you its a gud van
but have spent in excess ov 1k already on the beast head as nearly fell off
snowed under with work n the french connection as not been up to the job!!!!!
So you bought a lemon...anyone can be unlucky.
I've never done anything except put fuel in mine and change the front tyres.

P @ F

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010, 12:13:23 am »
Surely then i have proven my post with only one reply VW,VW,VW , I have had T4 Transporter for 5 years now , not a single penny has been spent outside of service items in all that time, maybe i have been lucky , maybe others can tell me different , im not sure , please do tell of your T4 horror if any

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 12:14:39 am »
heard they r bullet proof m8 ;D ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2010, 12:15:49 am »
Surely then i have proven my post with only one reply VW,VW,VW , I have had T4 Transporter for 5 years now , not a single penny has been spent outside of service items in all that time, maybe i have been lucky , maybe others can tell me different , im not sure , please do tell of your T4 horror if any

Rich
No idea, but the two VW cars I had were a nightmare, so I wouldn't consider based on that.
Expensive for what you get too.
People seem to like them though...I don't know, maybe they're good.

Jack Wallace

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2010, 06:34:10 am »
Some interesting points lads thanks.

Although I am now just as confused as ever ha ha  ;D

If we ignore the reliability problems, how about from a work point of view? do you find your vans too big, small or just perfect for a one man set up? (water production will not be done in the van)

Dave Willis

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2010, 07:10:48 am »
Every VW car or van I have ever owned broke down at some point. My Citroen Despatch so far has never let me down.
You guys with £8000 repair bills + lost work surprise me particularly Windowwashers.
Ian, you are always giving out advice on running a business - surely it would be better to lease a van?
Brand new and fully guaranteed for three years? One days work in the rain would pay for that easily.

The main tool has to be your van, no point in buying some super dooper thermobore bolted in crash proof system and carbon poles if you can't get to work.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2010, 07:25:05 am »
i had the citreon dispatch very good van to use,it was the 2.0hdi had 3years no problems,

now on a vivaro  :o :o :o and had  a 12mth and touch wood still no problems.going well

all the van i have are serviced regular and well looked after and not hammered in to the gound.

as for parts french for the scudo dispatch are no dearer than any other parts for any other van.if you know where to go.
the key is to look after your vans. :P :P :P :P

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2010, 10:14:01 am »
LWB Citroen Dispatch great van and great payload. Can't fault it. :)

brianbarber

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2010, 10:23:37 am »
LWB connect.....bullet proof

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Smudger

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2010, 10:34:44 am »
 i'm using a vauxhall combo, 400 ltr tank fitted in poles slide over the top and in the blister over the cab so everyting is safely inside,

have 2 leisure batt's set of steps, pump, reel 3 large stacking boxes with spares/fluids/trad gear and can still
get inside

pulls the weight very well and 400 ltrs is just enough on busy days.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

P @ F

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2010, 11:18:47 am »
The back of my combo , big enough for a 1 man op .

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Ian101

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2010, 11:20:19 am »
I am currently running 2 vans and looking to put a 3rd on the road but can’t decide which would be best.
I have a Toyota powervan (getting on, but paid for so running it into the ground)
And a Berlingo (07 plate). but neither is ideal.

I want a van to run one guy but find the Berlingo too small. a 500 ltr tank puts it over it weight so need something slightly bigger.
What do you suggest?

Have you seen the new LWB Kangoo ?? maybe just what you need ?

RO-Sheen

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2010, 11:27:21 am »

Why??? I have a 51 plate trafic and it has caused me very little problems. (saying that, it is in the garage atm) but never had a problem in the past 4 years with it apart from regular wear and tear/MOT stuff.
service 25/07/10 £170.00 service 26/07/10 cam-belt snapped cost in region of £750.00
still waiting to get the thing back worse van ever fact never ever ever again !!!

OUCH! sounds like you had a lot of bad luck mate! Like i said, I've been pretty much trouble free.
i wish u all the best wiv yrs RO if anything goes wrong
n gets u stumped contact me lol il prob no wots up wiv it lol lol

Cheers Gav, I will put your number on speeddial lol
Formerly known as GARGAAX

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2010, 11:45:01 am »
Dont think you can get better than a Toyota HIace  ;)

I have a good mate who got a Renault from the auction (ex Sky van). Only 3 or 4 years old and he has already spent £1500 on it. Gearbox problems cost him £800 and Im not sure what the other problems was, but he aint happy ???

Most vans are ok for 3 or 4 years but thats when the problems start and things go wrong. Especially those traffic.primastars types  ::)

bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2010, 12:02:44 pm »
Dont think you can get better than a Toyota HIace  ;)
Reliability-wise probably not. Nice van-wise...nah. Jap vans are plasticy and quite noisy.

Most vans are ok for 3 or 4 years but thats when the problems start and things go wrong. Especially those traffic.primastars types  ::)
Oh here we go... ::) Transits are the worst, not Trafics. Never known anyone with a problem.

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2010, 12:26:32 pm »

OUCH! sounds like you had a lot of bad luck mate! Like i said, I've been pretty much trouble free.
i wish u all the best wiv yrs RO if anything goes wrong
n gets u stumped contact me lol il prob no wots up wiv it lol lol

Cheers Gav, I will put your number on speeddial lol
;D ;D ;D ;D