Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DaveG

Re: lifting reel in out of van
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2010, 05:47:51 pm »
Another CIU myth is that hozelock reels are no good ;D ;D ;D

The small plastic/alloy ones are just that, small & light!!

I've been using mine for over 6 years with no problems at all. I just replace the small rubber O ring on the male connector now & then which stops any leaks! Alex Gardiner used the same one for over 6 years too. ;)

I've seen so many innocent people on here talked into buying these great big, heavy metal things for £100 a pop it's unreal!!!! ;D ;D ;D

However, sheep will follow sheep, as they say! ;)

Dont you mean unREEL? ;D ;D
You can't polish a turd

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2010, 09:03:21 pm »
post a link to yours then wipoclean please mate

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0427243/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/c_2/3%7C15701041%7CGarden+tools+and+accessories%7C14418733/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418733%7CGarden+watering+and+hoses%7C14418742.htm#tabrev

That's mine.

There is another one which looks very similar but is cheaper & less robust! ;)
do you do much work ?, I know full well I would snap that reel very quick. I buy the more expensive ones for a reason also the height is asking for a claim should you have staff more so if you lift this out of the van.

Can I ask how much 8mm hose you can get on this reel ??

I'm quite shocked that you penny pinch on what I would class as a key part of the daily running of a wfp system.
I could undersytand this being used as a part time window cleaners tool...  Don't take offense I am just a little blunt and straight to the point I mean it with no mallice

What a numpty! ;D

Have you ever used one Ian?
100m of minibore

Penny pinch? ::) You're one of the sheep! Read again, it's worked "perfectly" for over SIX years, long before you were wfp mate! ;D

Do I do much work?  ;D what a numpty head! ;D

You talk shi*e Ian & stll can't resist the chance to get the word "staff" into any slot! ;D Joke!

Wouldn't be so bad from someone else but from someone who won't buy from a man in a suit & likes heavy poles 'cos they give you a workout!!!!!! ::) ::) ::) :D Give it a rest. ;)

With regards to penny pinching, wasn't it you looking round ebay for a dirt cheap pump because you were skint 2 weeks ago? ;D ;D

You might pillock others on here dude, but not me! I've been here too long! ;)

john tomkins

Dave Willis

« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2010, 09:46:10 pm »
Hey, do you think you can sue  Hoselock if you do your back in watering the garden?

SB Cleaning

« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2010, 09:53:14 pm »
This is the reel i use is weighty but had no problems with it so far.

http://www.thecleaningwarehouse.co.uk/complete-6mm-micro-hose-100m--metal-reel-inc-fittings-1054-p.asp

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2010, 09:56:33 pm »
You may be joking but i have to stick up for Ian because he knows his stuff.Especially practical aspects.He was slow in coming over  to wfp, but once he did he was full on.

As regards the plastic reels you may be right, and as you say Alex did use them.I have cox reels at £300 each because i even wrecked the £100 metal ones, which do have plastic spindles and could not take the torque of reeling on electricaly.

Ian (ww) and me are interested in doing high volume domestic work that is idiot proof.Our equipment mustn't break; if we lose a mornings work that is a lot of money, hence we use expensive and robust kit.This is not a dig at you, this is just how it is for us.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 10:00:46 pm »
You may be joking but i have to stick up for Ian because he knows his stuff.Especially practical aspects.He was slow in coming over  to wfp, but once he did he was full on.

As regards the plastic reels you may be right, and as you say Alex did use them.I have cox reels at £300 each because i even wrecked the £100 metal ones, which do have plastic spindles and could not take the torque of reeling on electricaly.

Ian (ww) and me are interested in doing high volume domestic work that is idiot proof.Our equipment mustn't break; if we lose a mornings work that is a lot of money, hence we use expensive and robust kit.This is not a dig at you, this is just how it is for us.

Trust me, that reel has done as much as yours & Ian's put together! ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2010, 12:25:24 am »
post a link to yours then wipoclean please mate

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0427243/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/c_2/3%7C15701041%7CGarden+tools+and+accessories%7C14418733/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418733%7CGarden+watering+and+hoses%7C14418742.htm#tabrev

That's mine.

There is another one which looks very similar but is cheaper & less robust! ;)
do you do much work ?, I know full well I would snap that reel very quick. I buy the more expensive ones for a reason also the height is asking for a claim should you have staff more so if you lift this out of the van.

Can I ask how much 8mm hose you can get on this reel ??

I'm quite shocked that you penny pinch on what I would class as a key part of the daily running of a wfp system.
I could undersytand this being used as a part time window cleaners tool...  Don't take offense I am just a little blunt and straight to the point I mean it with no mallice

What a numpty! ;D

Have you ever used one Ian?
100m of minibore

Penny pinch? ::) You're one of the sheep! Read again, it's worked "perfectly" for over SIX years, long before you were wfp mate! ;D

Do I do much work?  ;D what a numpty head! ;D

You talk shi*e Ian & stll can't resist the chance to get the word "staff" into any slot! ;D Joke!

Wouldn't be so bad from someone else but from someone who won't buy from a man in a suit & likes heavy poles 'cos they give you a workout!!!!!! ::) ::) ::) :D Give it a rest. ;)

With regards to penny pinching, wasn't it you looking round ebay for a dirt cheap pump because you were skint 2 weeks ago? ;D ;D

You might pillock others on here dude, but not me! I've been here too long! ;)
I wanted a cheap pump for a couple of weeks if you follow my posts you would see, I bought one £35 and bought a £250 booster pump 3 days later because I blew the seals on cheap b&Q one within an hour of using it.

I do have heavy poles but use slx poles one for me one for staff as I dont like working out anymore  ;) ;D

I will not put up with shi$te from you either dude, if your wanting me to add you to msn messenger you have a funny way of asking  ;D If I am a sheep i'm the black one.

I asked if you do much work as I dont know if you do or not, so how can that make me a numpty head you jocky  :P ?

I use 100 mtrs of 8mm hose often as I do some large places and looking at that garden reel it looks a little small, I could be wrong on that please fill we with your wisdom.

you have been wfp longer than me does not mean anything to me fella apart from you must be getting old, hose reels has moved on since you started  ;D

Here's to pillocking  :-*

Ian

p.s hope you dont choke on your porridge when reading this lol

If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Ste M

« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2010, 04:36:39 am »
Hahahaha this plave just gets better all the time ;D

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2010, 03:51:32 pm »

Cos it's full of wannabe's with a history of over exaggerating (telling porkies)

Like property developers! ;D Which is what Ian used to be in his words! ;D

And people who would "snap" a hose reel they've never used! ;D

The trouble for Ian is I've read his posts from the very beginning & I have an incredible memory which can embarrass many! ;) :D

Window Washers

« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2010, 03:53:30 pm »

Cos it's full of wannabe's with a history of over exaggerating (telling porkies)

The trouble for Ian is I've read his posts from the very beginning & I have an incredible memory which can embarrass many! ;) :D
would you like pics of my new house ? and my other one that I still own ?

I was into property developing it cost me alot of money, why does everyone have to be telling porkies ?
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #51 on: July 13, 2010, 04:02:54 pm »

I was into property developing it cost me alot of money, why does everyone have to be telling porkies ?

Yeah, please, it'll be really convincing ::)

Window Washers

« Reply #52 on: July 13, 2010, 04:07:49 pm »

Yeah, please, it'll be really convincing ::)
why am I trying to prove myself to you anyways   :-\

You will already know this if you read my posts and remember everything  ::)

How was your day today anyway winp ?

tom2009

« Reply #53 on: July 13, 2010, 05:07:25 pm »
what I wanna know is what are you 2 big hitters (winp & WW) doin online at 4 oclock in the afternoon. I thought you dudes would still be out there making the world shine!

Window Washers

« Reply #54 on: July 13, 2010, 05:25:08 pm »
what I wanna know is what are you 2 big hitters (winp & WW) doin online at 4 oclock in the afternoon. I thought you dudes would still be out there making the world shine!
I am a part time window cleaner Tom  ;)

p.s I am not a big hitter in window cleaning

P @ F

« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2010, 06:48:03 pm »
I have been there chaps , had plastic and metal , plastic was £25 small van , metal was £100 big van , which is better , pros and cons , plastic one is 5 years old  and still going , a joy to work with , mind you it has had about 15 replacement manifolds at £4 each .

The metal reel has needed nothing in 12 months , however due to the design of the sides of the thing it is an absolute ball ache if your pulling off at an angle , it catches and jams up like a goodun , why dont they make the sides round instead of having the cut outs ?

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !