This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Re: lifting reel in out of van
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2010, 10:02:34 pm »
Why are you lifting them out ?
Dont understand it , dont think i have ever took mine out , i just park in the right place pull out the amount needed in as many pulls as it takes and off i go !
If your gonna pull the reel out on every job then go back to oofing the ladders off the roof !

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2010, 10:25:17 pm »
Dont understand it , dont think i have ever took mine out , i just park in the right place pull out the amount needed in as many pulls as it takes and off i go !
If your gonna pull the reel out on every job then go back to oofing the ladders off the roof !

Rich

Because you can Park in any position & have the reel pointing in any direction. Also doesn't matter if the reel leaks. Plus, you can lock the van if you have external ports. Easier to wind in.

Anything else? ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2010, 10:39:40 pm »
I would do it so you can do both as there are jobs where leaving in the van is a pain in the bum.

if your in there drive no need to take out
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

P @ F

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2010, 10:44:27 pm »
SMART ARSE  ;D ;D ;D
I can see your points ,but have never been a fan of hose reel out of van , i use the heavy ones like from vari tech and due to walls corners car tyres plants pedestrians and the lack of hose on reel , making it pull over does my swede in , ENOUGH POINTS BACK AT YA  ;D ;D

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Window Washers

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2010, 10:50:15 pm »

Rich

Because you can Park in any position & have the reel pointing in any direction. Also doesn't matter if the reel leaks. Plus, you can lock the van if you have external ports. Easier to wind in.

Anything else? ;D
it is not easier to reel in unless your about 3ft tall  :o
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2010, 09:18:13 am »
Another CIU myth is that hozelock reels are no good ;D ;D ;D

The small plastic/alloy ones are just that, small & light!!

I've been using mine for over 6 years with no problems at all. I just replace the small rubber O ring on the male connector now & then which stops any leaks! Alex Gardiner used the same one for over 6 years too. ;)

I've seen so many innocent people on here talked into buying these great big, heavy metal things for £100 a pop it's unreal!!!! ;D ;D ;D

However, sheep will follow sheep, as they say! ;)

john tomkins

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2010, 10:59:32 am »

I've been using mine for over 6 years with no problems at all. I just replace the small rubber O ring on the male connector now & then which stops any leaks! Alex Gardiner used the same one for over 6 years too. ;)

I've seen so many innocent people on here talked into buying these great big, heavy metal things for £100 a pop it's unreal!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Yeah I took notice of Alex too and bought the plastic reel.....
What a waste of money that was ::)

Constant leaks, connector popping off, flimsy construction.....
Only good things were it was cheap and light... and when I threw it down the tip

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2010, 01:10:57 pm »

Yeah I took notice of Alex too and bought the plastic reel.....
What a waste of money that was ::)

Constant leaks, connector popping off, flimsy construction.....
Only good things were it was cheap and light... and when I threw it down the tip

There is a specific one, which you obviousley didn't get! ;D ;D

None of that for me. ;)

john tomkins

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2010, 09:28:12 pm »

None of that for me. ;)

Of course I got the right one Alex recommended.... it was on his site saying so ::)

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2010, 09:53:05 pm »
I could never understand that, worked out of cars, didn't believe in round managment programmes, crappy old reels like the one in customers back gardens, no varistream/flow controller.There was a definite conflict in someone who sold sophisticated methods to us but was as tight as a ducks arse.

I came to the conclusiion that he didn't do many domestics.This is what worries me about his designing systems and the double zero.He didn't think this side of things through suffiecently, and input from forums is no longer possible.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2010, 10:00:40 pm »
I could never understand that, worked out of cars, didn't believe in round managment programmes, crappy old reels like the one in customers back gardens, no varistream/flow controller.There was a definite conflict in someone who sold sophisticated methods to us but was as tight as a ducks arse.

I came to the conclusiion that he didn't do many domestics.This is what worries me about his designing systems and the double zero.He didn't think this side of things through suffiecently, and input from forums is no longer possible.

And yet he's a much more successful man than you'll ever be! ;D ;D

Maybe it's YOU who might need to think differently?

« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2010, 10:04:38 pm »
My dad didn't give me a business.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2010, 10:10:22 pm »
My dad didn't give me a business.

Neither did his, not the more successful one. ;)

Not much of an excuse either. ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2010, 10:12:33 pm »

None of that for me. ;)

Of course I got the right one Alex recommended.... it was on his site saying so ::)

It must be you then ::)

Dave Willis

« Reply #34 on: July 11, 2010, 10:30:15 pm »
I couldn't get on with the hoselock reels at all - used to blow them apart because the spool was made in two halves. Then there was that grey connector that would wear and blow the female side off, they were buggers to source in a hurry.
My problem in fairness was probably too much pressure in the system/air locks because I also blew the head off my DI vessel  ::) ::

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2010, 10:35:42 pm »
You're all rubbish! ;D

I've had two used daily (one for filling, one on van) for 6 years & not once has any connector blown off, spindle split or anything else. It gets thrown in & out of the van all day too!

Not one replacement part apart from the O rings! ;)

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2010, 10:37:37 pm »
I reckon you're using different ones to me, maybe Alex didn't have the same one either?

There are quite a few different offerings from hozelok & some do look quite similar.

chopsie

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2010, 09:48:09 am »
post a link to yours then wipoclean please mate
chopsie

Window Washers

« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2010, 05:42:40 pm »
post a link to yours then wipoclean please mate

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0427243/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/c_2/3%7C15701041%7CGarden+tools+and+accessories%7C14418733/c_3/4%7Ccat_14418733%7CGarden+watering+and+hoses%7C14418742.htm#tabrev

That's mine.

There is another one which looks very similar but is cheaper & less robust! ;)
do you do much work ?, I know full well I would snap that reel very quick. I buy the more expensive ones for a reason also the height is asking for a claim should you have staff more so if you lift this out of the van.

Can I ask how much 8mm hose you can get on this reel ??

I'm quite shocked that you penny pinch on what I would class as a key part of the daily running of a wfp system.
I could undersytand this being used as a part time window cleaners tool...  Don't take offense I am just a little blunt and straight to the point I mean it with no mallice