Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nathanael Jones

Should I buy an SLX26 or CLX27?
« on: July 08, 2010, 05:37:29 pm »
Real answers from ppl who really own both poles would be nice (Not a dig at Ewan btw!) :)

Has anyone here got both poles to compare side by side?
On paper the CLX looks good,.. but the SLX is still tempting!

Does the new SLX seem to be wearing better than previous offerings? Is the CLX much more whippy when fully extended? Is the CLX a false economy despite the rave reviews?

DaveG

Re: Should I buy an SLX26 or CLX27?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 05:42:42 pm »
Ive got the SLX Nat...and really cant fault it
You can't polish a turd

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 05:49:15 pm »
Ive got the SLX Nat...and really cant fault it
The MK3?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 05:50:09 pm »
Neither, buy the latest Ionic pole   ;D

LMAO,... I wasn't expecting it that quick!! :)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 05:57:13 pm »
I only have the slx and its the mk1. I expect it to last a lot longer as well. It's the best wearing pole I've had. I think wear problems come from more of a lack of care than anything else. Go for the lightest and most rigid.

Simon.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 05:58:30 pm »
Nat - got the slx mk3  - very good i like the solid section stops.  however, and i know it's not a direct comparision, at full strecth over conny's the slx is far more whippy than if i used my sl2 at that length.

so if the clx had significant more bend/whip than the clx i would not use it.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

jefftemperley

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2010, 06:06:23 pm »
nat
 ive got a mark 1 slx still going strong after 2 years ive just reversed my top section by putting the clamp on the opposite end which has double the wall thickness thanks to the wear and tear, hence increasing the lifespan again.

i have had to use my extel the other day and it was torture after being used to the slx.

i got my hands on the ionics poles at the show as well as all the others i wasnt impressed with any particularly apart from  the glyder though it is noticebly  heavier than the slx  they also copied the slx clamps for a reason, when your used to them they are better than anything else out there.

personally i would buy the slx as its imo the best pole out there to work with all day and any improvements for them are tested by alex as he still works a couple of days a week putting poles through proper testing

i would however buy the supermax 47 as you can break it down and use the top few sections for regular work, there is no need to buy an end cap if you go that route you can put a hose (see pic) on which is easily removed if you want to put other sections back on

bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

gsw

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2010, 06:09:21 pm »
i've got an SLX mark one with plenty of wear in it sitting here doing nothing. Dare i say it I prefer the flexibility of the xtel fibre glass. sensible offers for the SlX considered. I'll happily send photos of the clamps closed and open so you can judge the wear yourself if interested.

was going to get round to ebaying eventually!!

greg

jefftemperley

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2010, 06:10:35 pm »
second attempt at pic if not there email me and ill send it to you
bad weather always looks worse through dirty windows

niceandclean

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 09:37:44 pm »
i've got an SLX mark one with plenty of wear in it sitting here doing nothing. Dare i say it I prefer the flexibility of the xtel fibre glass. sensible offers for the SlX considered. I'll happily send photos of the clamps closed and open so you can judge the wear yourself if interested.

was going to get round to ebaying eventually!!

greg

Has it got the old clamps as well?

concept

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 09:51:32 pm »
nat
 ive got a mark 1 slx still going strong after 2 years ive just reversed my top section by putting the clamp on the opposite end which has double the wall thickness thanks to the wear and tear, hence increasing the lifespan again.

i have had to use my extel the other day and it was torture after being used to the slx.

i got my hands on the ionics poles at the show as well as all the others i wasnt impressed with any particularly apart from  the glyder though it is noticebly  heavier than the slx  they also copied the slx clamps for a reason, when your used to them they are better than anything else out there.

personally i would buy the slx as its imo the best pole out there to work with all day and any improvements for them are tested by alex as he still works a couple of days a week putting poles through proper testing

i would however buy the supermax 47 as you can break it down and use the top few sections for regular work, there is no need to buy an end cap if you go that route you can put a hose (see pic) on which is easily removed if you want to put other sections back on

The new smax has stops on the section, so its not quite as easy as it would be with the older model.

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 09:54:21 pm »
I have the MK 2 never had a problem with it and its my most used pole.

Matt
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Spruce

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 10:02:42 pm »
Hi Nat

I have the CLX 26 and it is a little more whippy than my son's SLX25 we bought last Oct, especially when fully extended.
The CLX definitely has a harder protective coating than the SLX that came from Alex's previous supplier.

Although the CLX is fine and I would recommend it, I think that my replacement pole will be another SLX, purely from a rigidity perspective.

But for someone on a tight budget the CLX is loads better than a FG pole, for not that much more money.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 10:13:31 pm »
I promised to make another of my short review videos  about this that have proved so popular on another place ie. actually seeing the kit in action with a pro  but have been too lazy.

I got the slx25 last week and i'm pretty much a fan.

It differs from the 22' which it replaces in having the same number of sections but a longer closed lenght.It has a positive stop on the sections and no traffic lights.

Get the slx or you will be sorry.By the way, for ewans benefit the ionics pole is called a glyder.

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 10:40:25 pm »
Oh, and the main differences between the swift and the glyder would be ewan?

Silly question because clearly you don't know.The like for like SLX eqivalent is the Glyder.

Poles 101.

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 10:52:56 pm »
I didn't answer it.

What are the main differences between a glyder and a swift?

Quick get googling and find out!!!! Because you've sure as hell never used any of them.

Window Washers

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 10:58:52 pm »
I didn't answer it.

What are the main differences between a glyder and a swift?

Quick get googling and find out!!!! Because you've sure as hell never used any of them.
its length
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dave Willis

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 11:02:44 pm »
I thought it was clamps.

Window Washers

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 11:03:50 pm »
Nat to keep on topic, I think if you buy the slx pole you will be happy that it is a good buy, I have the last and the latest slx's they are now the only pole I use day to day, they are lite and like a broom handle compared to an xtel very very little whip fully open at full extention.

if you can get one, I would say snap it up asap you wil not be sorry.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Window Washers

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 11:04:51 pm »
I thought it was clamps.
it was a guess Dave, the show was ages ago and I was not that impressed to learn every detail tbh, did like the colour of the ionic poles though   ;D