This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian101

4 weeks v 8 weeks
« on: July 07, 2010, 09:59:27 pm »
Seem to be getting a lot of 8 week customers at the moment ... as I just starting out Im not going to turn them down.

however thinking about it driving home tonight so long as I charge a few quid more than a 4 weekly clean eventually I can do twice as many customers than a 4 weekly round but bringing in a higher average. ??

Does this sound right or am I missing something ... its been a long tiring day  :'(

I realise going have to canvass a lot of customers but all part of the job.

Re: 4 weeks v 8 weeks
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 10:03:25 pm »
Why not 6 weeks, split the difference.

tom2009

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:03:58 pm »
I'm new too Ian and most of my biz is on an 8 week rotation. Works well for me at the moment. More customers = more opportunity for 1 off other work, more people to recomend you etc.
probably gonna get blasted now! :D

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:06:08 pm »
I to find the custes seam to want 8 weeks. My 8 week is 25% more than 4 weeks and they are just as happy to pay.

the bfg

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 10:10:07 pm »
nothing wrong with 8 week customers,  why would you wanna turn them down ?????

seems like you wanna have your cake and eat it,      turning work away like that is very poor business sense

work is work

martinsadie

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 10:11:00 pm »
all 2 and 4 weeks around here

bobby p

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 10:17:01 pm »
ive settled on 6 weekly .  i tell a new customer that most of the round is 4weekly(not true) but can offer them a 6weeker if it helps. 99% go for that

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 10:19:46 pm »
4 8 or 12 weekly.

i always pitch 4 wky as dicounted rate  ie. £10.00  this gives regular work every month and is 13 cleans a year.

8 wky is + 50% - £15.00  worth doing as more £££  per clean - takes a bit of juggling to keep rounds balanced.

12 wky   same as 1st price cleans - double 4 wky price.

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Skyglide

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 10:23:13 pm »
If you are WFP and more than 3 miles from the coast eight weeks is the right cycle - customers want it, the glass stays clean.  Need more customers and don't forget when you are quoting - this method the windows stay cleaner longer and I don't want you to waste money on four weekly. They love it.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 10:23:44 pm »
On my previous round i used to offer people 4 or 8 weekly cleans. This is what i used to say....

Glass, frames, doors & sills will be £10 - monthly or £12 - 2 monthly (then pause and wait for them to make the next move - keep completley quiet till they make a descision or tell you to p off ;D )

If anyone asked why its more for 2 monthly, i told them that its a longer period of time between cleans and takes a little longer than those who have it done monthly.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 10:34:01 pm »
Seem to be getting a lot of 8 week customers at the moment ... as I just starting out Im not going to turn them down.

however thinking about it driving home tonight so long as I charge a few quid more than a 4 weekly clean eventually I can do twice as many customers than a 4 weekly round but bringing in a higher average. ??

Does this sound right or am I missing something ... its been a long tiring day  :'(

richy wilts is mostly 8wkly but e charges quite well i tend to want 4wkly but if
custy wants 8wkly ill do it but more dollar  :)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 10:41:55 pm »
as soon as 8 weeks become standard  some one will be maoning that custy want it every 3 months,   just do 6 weeks and say thats all you do

Paul Coleman

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 10:44:07 pm »
Why not 6 weeks, split the difference.

That's what I started doing a long time ago.  A lot less people ask for 12 weekly than used to ask for 8 weekly.

anthony eton

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 11:00:48 pm »
Hi Ian,I offer four weeks,six weeks or eight weeks and I tell the potentual customer that after eight weeks it becomes a new clean and I will have to charge them an appropriate amount.Cheers Ant. 8)

Ian101

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 11:59:45 pm »
nothing wrong with 8 week customers,  why would you wanna turn them down ?????

seems like you wanna have your cake and eat it,      turning work away like that is very poor business sense

work is work
Yes bfg ur correct wouldn't turn any work away ever meant to say not going to try and push them into a 4 weekly cycle but came out wrong ... Long day

prestige cleaners

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 12:19:54 am »
My round is mostly 8 weeks, charge 20 quid for standard house, everyone's happy. I earn more, they pay less. Simples.

mikecam

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 12:44:00 am »

You might be missing something.... doing 'a lot of 8 week customers' you will either experience highs and lows in your monthly incomes, or a headache to even them out. Also as you've sussed you're back to first clean scenario, they will generally be hard work to re do and not easy like a maintainance clean so they need to be priced accordingley.
 As you're starting out they aint to much of a problem but as you get busier they will be and then you'll know you're either getting the right money for them or you'll drop them. Its something only you will know yourself.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 07:34:14 am »
On my previous round i used to offer people 4 or 8 weekly cleans. This is what i used to say....

Glass, frames, doors & sills will be £10 - monthly or £12 - 2 monthly (then pause and wait for them to make the next move - keep completley quiet till they make a descision or tell you to p off ;D )

If anyone asked why its more for 2 monthly, i told them that its a longer period of time between cleans and takes a little longer than those who have it done monthly.

Bingo!
It's a game of three halves!

Londoner

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 07:41:34 am »
First of all. before you discuss price, always ask how often they want their windows done. Make out that is a fabulous option that you and you alone offer, no other window cleaner is this flexible. By telling you a frequency they more or less agree to having their windows done.

I don't put any extra on because my prices are high anyway but the flexibility wins you customers and gets you referrals. I must have got 20 referrals last year just based on flexibility. Lots of old ladies want their windows done but cant afford every month. A customer is still a customer.

With George it really doesn't make any difference what the frequency is you just print a worksheet and who ever is due is on the list.

Dave Anderson

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 07:43:37 am »
8 weekly for me..the thought of cleaning the same house every 4 or 2 weeks would drive me nuts...just too boring.

Most here in Holland are 6 weekly but 8 weeks for me and a little extra couple of euro's on top...so more customers needed but my work is worth more per job/hour.

Not alot of difference in the work required to clean 8 weekly over 4...

Dave.
The more I know the less I know I know ...