This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

wfp newbie TOP 5 PROBLEMS..!!!
« on: July 03, 2010, 07:14:25 am »
heres what ive found are the 5 main probs ive encountered(3 weeks now!).

1.runs from in between 2 top openers ruining the large pane of glass under them!!

2.spotting!(mainly at the top of frames or around the seals or in a straight line down the windows!!)

3.hose getting tangled up and breaking plant pots

4.windows taking longer to clean than trad

5.getting wet disconnecting hose(in the face/over my chest)and wet legs/feet due to leaks etc

apart from that its great!!! ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

LWC

Re: wfp newbie TOP 5 PROBLEMS..!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 07:21:41 am »
Dude please just chill, if you dont like it go back to trad! I would never go back, i do more houses these days than i ever could have and i earn more money. Yes windows can take longer on first cleans thats just the way it is, next time will be quicker and next time quicker again. After years of use i could clean the windows mint first clean quicker than you could trad, its all practice and until a few months have past stop commenting every day of how slow it is!! As for runs and spots thats down to you and breaking plant pots already?? Tut tut tut

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 07:35:34 am »
ive got some nice 4-5 bedroom houses to clean today all compact(9 of em) and a glass conny roof to clean.

i really think wfp comes into its own on larger properties and i reckon ill save a bit of time today!

and no ladders to climb at all!!

i was just stating hows its been for me in the last few weeks.im getting better at it every day though!! ;) ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 07:44:36 am »
heres what ive found are the 5 main probs ive encountered(3 weeks now!).

1.runs from in between 2 top openers ruining the large pane of glass under them!!

2.spotting!(mainly at the top of frames or around the seals or in a straight line down the windows!!)

3.hose getting tangled up and breaking plant pots

4.windows taking longer to clean than trad

5.getting wet disconnecting hose(in the face/over my chest)and wet legs/feet due to leaks etc

apart from that its great!!! ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

1.  Don't get any water in that bit then.  If it needs cleaning and it's ground floor, a quick wipe with a damp cloth will do.  I believe the run mark is caused by the little "V" pattern that most of these windows have that marks a joint.  In fact, I have observed run marks from this even when I cleaned trad.  Possibly rain hit it.

2.  That should imporove as you get to 2nd/3rd cleans.

3.  Take more care.  Maybe pull the hose out to take up the slack first.

4.  Only on first and maybe second cleans.  Don't want to be a nag but a van mount would help.

5.  Yeah.  Sh*t happens.

chopsie

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 11:11:28 am »

1.  Don't get any water in that bit then.
If you clean the top openers above it how could you possibly not get water in that bit  ???
chopsie

LQQK

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 11:27:05 am »
Dazmond how did you get on with the fan jets yesterday then?

Joe Lauzon

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 11:34:02 am »
Daz,

The work you have today is when wfp comes into its own.  I would estimate I get roughly a 30% time saving on very compact 4 bed houses compared with trad.

What you must remember though, is many of the guys who champion wfp on this site don't have years of trad experience.  Fact is trad is quicker on many properties, and far less hassal - if your a skilled trad guy.  Anyone who isn't will probably argue that point.  I wonder if this site has raised your expectations of wfp a little to high.  Don't use it for the sake of it, take every job on its merits.

Keep at it though brother, it will get easier.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2010, 01:12:39 pm »
Daz,

The work you have today is when wfp comes into its own.  I would estimate I get roughly a 30% time saving on very compact 4 bed houses compared with trad.

What you must remember though, is many of the guys who champion wfp on this site don't have years of trad experience.  Fact is trad is quicker on many properties, and far less hassal - if your a skilled trad guy.  Anyone who isn't will probably argue that point.  I wonder if this site has raised your expectations of wfp a little to high.  Don't use it for the sake of it, take every job on its merits.

Keep at it though brother, it will get easier.

Very true, good post. ;)

afssm123

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2010, 02:45:09 pm »
I just want to say I am a newbie and I enjoy reading Dazmonds exploits!

I find his appraisels very honest.

Who else would admit to breaking plant pots  ;D

LQQK

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 03:41:40 pm »
Most probably admit to it.

Ive broken them, its whether you admit it to the custard that counts.

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2010, 09:28:07 pm »
I never brake flower pots, they seem to just go missing.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 09:33:15 pm »

1.  Don't get any water in that bit then.
If you clean the top openers above it how could you possibly not get water in that bit  ???

By avoiding lifting the brush away from the glass too much when rinsing - possibly harder to avoid getting water in the gap if you use fan jets?

tomy jackson

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 09:41:47 pm »
thars not many trad who come close to WFP in sped and thos that iv seen its two rungs at a time

martinsadie

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 10:07:43 pm »
thars not many trad who come close to WFP in sped and thos that iv seen its two rungs at a time
3 rungs on the way up Tomy and then slide down  ;D

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2010, 10:50:37 pm »
try waterproofs and a longer reach on ya pole to get to the winds m8

Klean07

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 08:58:41 am »
I've been wfp for 3 years and still break plant pots. Still got leaks. The top of my di cannister has been leaking for a year. Wcw sent me a replacement but didnt cure the problem so I just live with it now. The di sits in a bucket to catch water. But I would never go back to trad.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

JSMC

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 12:37:45 pm »
i work witha  ix of both and TBH i'm not overly confident with wfp a si am with trad. it's good on some jobs and rubbish on others fact.

all this nonsense it works on everything and everything is always perfect. yeah it may look perfect but it isn't Stay and watch some of it dry and you will see

awcs

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2010, 10:34:02 pm »
turn the pump off first and then disconnect hose. you will be dry all day, as for the rest be patient once you get the hang of wfp you wonder what all the fuss was about. And try moving the pots first. works for me

Klean07

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 08:18:34 am »
turn the pump off first and then disconnect hose. you will be dry all day, as for the rest be patient once you get the hang of wfp you wonder what all the fuss was about. And try moving the pots first. works for me
If I spend time moving pots then I would never get any work done. I will take some pics of some of the worst culprits then you will understand.
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

chopsie

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 08:41:26 am »
I know what you mean klean07. I have a few places (as i am sure most have) that have got tens and tens of pots/plants, ornaments etc etc. looks really nice, Just a right pain in the jacksee for wfp window cleaners  :( ;D
chopsie