This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

LBWCS

Vikan EasyShine Kit
« on: July 01, 2010, 05:35:15 pm »
Has anybody got the Vikan EasyShine Kit? I have a new weekly job that i hope to 'maintain' the tops and blade the bottoms. This kit looks pretty good but iv seen very similar for like £10 elsewhere. Is the price worth it and does it do a decent job? thanks!

Paul Coleman

Re: Vikan EasyShine Kit
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 07:44:49 am »
Has anybody got the Vikan EasyShine Kit? I have a new weekly job that i hope to 'maintain' the tops and blade the bottoms. This kit looks pretty good but iv seen very similar for like £10 elsewhere. Is the price worth it and does it do a decent job? thanks!

Well I bought one yesterday as I have several jobs where it might make my life easier if it works OK.  I won't be giving it its first workout until next Thursday though.  Hope it works.

windowswashed

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 01:07:59 am »
They are handy for dusting over internal doors and external sheltered doors for maintenence cleans, cuts down the time doing them with a cloth or squeegie quite a bit and easier to reach high awkward ones. Microfibre pads are good at picking up the dirt. No good for first cleans though that are heavily soiled.

Rob Smith

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 05:00:16 pm »

Well I bought one yesterday as I have several jobs where it might make my life easier if it works OK.  I won't be giving it its first workout until next Thursday though.  Hope it works.

How did you get on with the kit? Rob

Pristine Clean

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 08:31:57 am »
Ive got this kit, we clean alot of boardrooms.. as they have glass walls.

Fantastic on regular maintenance cleans.

We also have the dragonfly. Again great bit of kit. But No good on really dirty windows. You need to give the windows a once over traditionally. then the easyshine, and dragon fly cut down the time considerably. Well worth the investment.

Key is not to get the cloths too wet. So purchase a good few.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Jack Wallace

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 08:59:26 am »
Ive got this kit, we clean alot of boardrooms.. as they have glass walls.

Fantastic on regular maintenance cleans.

We also have the dragonfly. Again great bit of kit. But No good on really dirty windows. You need to give the windows a once over traditionally. then the easyshine, and dragon fly cut down the time considerably. Well worth the investment.

Key is not to get the cloths too wet. So purchase a good few.

Dave

I have just bought the easy clean. Got a large indoor job tommorow so hoping it will speed things up a bit, (its near the beach so hoping for some R and R)  8)
The guy who sold it to me said its a good bit of kit, and like you he said dont over do the water. He recons a tiny (about 500ml) bottle should last most of the day  :o

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 06:14:09 pm »

Hi Rob.
Mixed results for first attempt but I know what to do to improve it.
The first job I used it on was the interior of a shop that is hard to access.  I used to get behind the displays and use a Unger trad pole for the 18" I couldn't reach and hand trad it for lower.  Unfortunately, they put glass shelves where I needed to stand and this meant I had no room to maneouvre a trad pole - hence the Easyshine kit.  In the shop, it worked a treat.  I used only a little water and used the Easyshine kit on the end of a Ionic 2x2' ground floor pole.  I was very uncertain at first but being indoors, it dried very quickly.  It was a really nice job but it looked awful until it dried.
I used it again later that day for the insides of a doctor's surgery.  This time I just used it with a pad in my hand as I wanted to experiment with it.  I went all over the insides with it and checked at the end.  The first third of the windows were fine.  Gradually, as I retraced my steps, the quality deteriorated.  I went over the last two thirds again.  No problem as I was experimenting anyway.  So the stuff I read about changing the Easyshine pads frequently was re-inforced.  After I went over the last two thirds of the job again it was fine.  I used two more pads though.  So using clean pads is clearly very important.
I would say that the product is worth having.  I needed to learn how far I could push a pad and now I have experienced it, future cleans should be much easier.

Rob Smith

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 10:36:51 pm »
Hi Paul,  Thanks for that. I presume you just wash the pads once dirty?

Jack Wallace

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 06:40:32 am »

Hi Rob.
Mixed results for first attempt but I know what to do to improve it.
The first job I used it on was the interior of a shop that is hard to access.  I used to get behind the displays and use a Unger trad pole for the 18" I couldn't reach and hand trad it for lower.  Unfortunately, they put glass shelves where I needed to stand and this meant I had no room to maneouvre a trad pole - hence the Easyshine kit.  In the shop, it worked a treat.  I used only a little water and used the Easyshine kit on the end of a Ionic 2x2' ground floor pole.  I was very uncertain at first but being indoors, it dried very quickly.  It was a really nice job but it looked awful until it dried.
I used it again later that day for the insides of a doctor's surgery.  This time I just used it with a pad in my hand as I wanted to experiment with it.  I went all over the insides with it and checked at the end.  The first third of the windows were fine.  Gradually, as I retraced my steps, the quality deteriorated.  I went over the last two thirds again.  No problem as I was experimenting anyway.  So the stuff I read about changing the Easyshine pads frequently was re-inforced.  After I went over the last two thirds of the job again it was fine.  I used two more pads though.  So using clean pads is clearly very important.
I would say that the product is worth having.  I needed to learn how far I could push a pad and now I have experienced it, future cleans should be much easier.

I am just about to leave to do the job I have today so thanks for that,  will keep it in mind.
one thing my supplier did say was that on a first clean using the scrubber pad first helps so I may try that today.
I will let you know how it goes.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2010, 07:23:50 am »
Hi Paul,  Thanks for that. I presume you just wash the pads once dirty?

That's what I intend to do.
I think I may well try washing them by hand in a bucket of de-ionised water.
Forgot to mention BTW.  I used de-ionised water in the spray bottle as I presume it works better than tap water.  Only a little is needed.  It's possible I may have used a bit too much water on the second job from what I've read on here.
Once I've done a few cleans with it, I don't doubt that my technique and results will improve.

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2010, 09:22:16 am »
Paul - cheers for the info

looking to get one of these myself so really apprieciate the thread.

just to confirm that the pads are washable and reusable.

cheers

Darran
Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Jack Wallace

« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2010, 07:16:37 pm »
Two words for today’s job with the Vikan easy Shine.
NOT IMPRESED!!!
It was a real pain to use as the head kept spinning and twisting off in every direction except where I wanted it to go, I found the hinge type mechanism really tricky to get used to.
The results were awful. So bad in fact I had to re do the glass with a squeegee.
To be fair though, on the high level stuff my “squeegee on a pole technique is not good so used the vikan to polish and the finished job was pretty good.
I think with practice I will get the hang of it but will only use it on glass that has already been maintained to a high standard first.

Marks out of 10
Ease of use...5
Value for money...5
Potential time saving once mastered ...7
Build quality...7
Quality of results on first clean...2
Quality of results on already cleaned glass...7
Would I recommended? On today’s results, NO.  Once mastered, MAYBE

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2010, 07:19:46 pm »
Want to sell it Jack  ??? ???

Never argue with an idiot, they will only bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience

Jack Wallace

« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2010, 08:57:44 pm »

No, I refuse to be beaten.
I think once mastered it will be ok. I have a couple of jobs which I think it will suit so will wait and see how I get on with those.
If its still no good I will use it to clean my floors. I recon it will work a treat on laminate  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2010, 09:49:31 pm »
LOL

;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2010, 10:54:53 pm »

No, I refuse to be beaten.
I think once mastered it will be ok. I have a couple of jobs which I think it will suit so will wait and see how I get on with those.
If its still no good I will use it to clean my floors. I recon it will work a treat on laminate  ;D

It did feel a bit tricky at first.  However, it's just for using on jobs where there are no other reasonable or affordable choices I think.
I wwon't use it again by holding the pad in my hand.  I only did that on one job so I could see how far I could push it.  Just to be used on regular maintenance cleans where it's too awkward to do it another way.